|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Duval's occupation?
(a) Tightrope walker.
(c) Mind reader.
2. Why does Mr. Popper not allow his penguins to promote more than one product?
(a) Not enough money is offered.
(b) The penguins only eat one thing.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He doesn't want to overwhelm his birds.
3. Which penguin is Mr. Popper most connected to?
(b) Captain Cook.
4. What did the penguins eat before they got live fish in their habitat?
(a) Fish bait.
(b) Cat food.
(c) Gold fish.
(d) Canned shrimp.
5. Where does Mr. Popper have his furnace moved to when the freezing plant is installed?
(a) The garage.
(b) The cellar.
(c) The attic.
(d) The living room.
6. What is Mrs. Popper's idea to make money?
(a) Eat the penguins.
(b) Sell the penguins.
(c) All of these.
(d) Charge people to see the penguins.
7. What does Mr. Popper want from Mr. Greenbaum?
(a) Free back drops for the act.
(b) Some good publicity.
(c) A review on the act.
(d) The use of his theater.
8. What does Mr. Popper use to name the baby penguins?
(a) Presidential names.
(b) Historical names.
(c) Royal names.
(d) Biblical names.
9. What do the penguins climb in the last act?
(a) Wooden blocks.
(b) Step ladders.
(d) False rocks.
10. Why does Mr. Popper put something on Captain Cook after the female comes?
(a) To make him feel more fancy.
(b) To celebrate.
(c) So Mrs. Popper can tell them apart.
(d) So the female will not want to mate.
11. Who does Mr. Popper fight with in every city on the road?
(a) The stage managers.
(b) The other performers.
(c) The bus drivers.
(d) The hotel managers.
12. Who visits Mr. Popper in prison?
(a) Mr. Greenbaum.
(b) Admiral Drake.
(c) Mr. Swenson.
(d) Dr. Smith.
13. What causes Mr. Popper to not make much money while on the road?
(a) The cost of gas.
(b) The hotel fees.
(c) The cost of food.
(d) The legal fees.
14. What kind of people come to resent the penguins?
15. How long of a tour does Mr. Greenbaum offer Mr. Popper?
(a) 20 weeks.
(b) 10 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many eggs does the female penguin lay?
2. How does the audience feel about the penguins' first performance?
3. What does Mr. Klein want to do with the penguins?
4. Why does Duval hate the penguins?
5. What makes Mr. Greenbaum grateful to Mr. Popper?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)