|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper want from Mr. Greenbaum?
(a) The use of his theater.
(b) Some good publicity.
(c) A review on the act.
(d) Free back drops for the act.
2. How does Captain Cook feel when the female penguin comes?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is possessive.
3. Where does Mr. Popper announce his decision about the penguins?
(a) His house.
(b) His jail cell.
(c) His back yard.
(d) His hotel room.
4. How much is the bail for Mr. Popper?
5. What kind of food do the penguins promote?
6. What does Mr. Popper make out of ice for the baby penguins?
(b) An obstacle course.
(c) A pool.
7. How does Mr. Popper get out of prison?
(a) The President frees them.
(b) Mr. Swenson drops the charges.
(c) Someone pays his bail.
(d) The penguins get sick.
8. What does Captain Cook give Mr. Popper after the female penguin comes?
(a) An ice cube.
(b) A thumb tack.
(c) A checker.
(d) A button.
9. What is the name of the female penguin?
10. How does Mr. Popper learn about Mr. Greenbaum coming to town?
(a) He reads about it in the paper.
(b) He learns from a friend.
(c) He sees it on a billboard.
(d) He hears him on the radio.
11. How many acts does the penguin act have?
12. What does Mr. Popper call the new home for the penguins with the freezing plant?
(a) The nest.
(b) The penguin habitat.
(c) The rookery.
(d) The freeze zone.
13. How do the penguins get their first chance to perform?
(a) The manager loves the show.
(b) Mr. Popper offers to pay people to see it.
(c) Another act is a no show.
(d) Mr. Greenbaum's daughter loves penguins.
14. Who does Mr. Popper fight with in every city on the road?
(a) The hotel managers.
(b) The bus drivers.
(c) The other performers.
(d) The stage managers.
15. What causes an opera singer to screech instead of sing?
(a) All of these.
(b) The penguins knock over the set display.
(c) The penguins squawk with her.
(d) The penguins get in her skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the crash on the way to the train station?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Popper agree to Mr. Klein's plan?
3. What happens in the third act of the penguin act?
4. How does Mr. Popper feel while he is in prison?
5. Why do passengers on a bus complain about the penguins?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)