|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food do the penguins promote?
2. Why doesn't Mr. Popper agree to Mr. Klein's plan?
(a) He owes too much to Admiral Drake.
(b) He would miss the penguins too much.
(c) It will be too hot for the penguins.
(d) He doesn't trust Mr. Klein.
3. How are the penguins taken to jail?
(a) In a bus.
(b) By a chain gang.
(c) In a wagon.
(d) With leashes.
4. What is Marcos' occupation?
5. What makes the audience laugh the most during the penguins' first performance?
(a) The marching.
(b) The mistakes.
(c) The sliding down the ladders.
(d) The music.
6. What instrument is brought to the rookery?
7. Why does Mr. Popper put something on Captain Cook after the female comes?
(a) So the female will not want to mate.
(b) So Mrs. Popper can tell them apart.
(c) To celebrate.
(d) To make him feel more fancy.
8. What does Mr. Popper want to turn into a penguin habitat now that he has 2 penguins?
(a) His shed.
(b) His house.
(c) His kitchen.
(d) His garage.
9. How does Mr. Popper learn about Mr. Greenbaum coming to town?
(a) He reads about it in the paper.
(b) He sees it on a billboard.
(c) He learns from a friend.
(d) He hears him on the radio.
10. What do the policemen do when they see the penguins playing with Mr. Swenson's animals?
(a) They call the vets.
(b) They put their hats on them.
(c) They call animal control.
(d) They take pictures.
11. How does Captain Cook feel when the female penguin comes?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is possessive.
(d) He is angry.
12. What causes the penguins to be irritable on the road?
(a) They get tired.
(b) The babies are growing.
(c) They run out of food.
(d) The weather gets warmer.
13. How do the penguins know what to do in each act?
(a) Mr. Popper leads them.
(b) There is specific music for each act.
(c) Bill signs to them from the side.
(d) They see pictures.
14. How does Mr. Popper feel while he is in prison?
15. How do the penguins get to the train station?
(a) The slide on the snow.
(b) They take the bus.
(c) They walk.
(d) They take 2 cabs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays the instrument that is brought to the rookery?
2. How much money a week does Mr. Greenbaum offer Mr. Popper for his show?
3. What does Mr. Popper spray the floors in his house with?
4. What kind of animals does Mr. Swenson own?
5. Who visits Mr. Popper in prison?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)