|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper describe the service man?
2. What does Mr. Popper wear when he walks Captain Cook?
(a) His satin robe.
(b) His finest clothes.
(c) His work clothes.
(d) His pajamas.
3. How many times has Mr. Popper redecorated his house?
4. What do neighbors do to help Captain Cook when he is sick?
(a) Write letters.
(b) Raise money.
(c) Stay quiet.
(d) Bring treats.
5. What is Admiral Drake famous for?
(a) His inventions.
(b) His military victories.
(c) His expeditions.
(d) His speeches.
6. How many children does Mr. Popper have?
7. What does Mr. Popper do when he is bored the day after the broadcast?
(a) He paints the bathroom.
(b) He takes a walk.
(c) He reads.
(d) He writes a letter.
8. What does Mr. Popper like to watch movies about?
9. What does Mr. Popper do when he has a season of work off?
(a) Tutors his son.
(b) Sits around.
10. What happens to Mrs. Poppers's pets when the penguins get to the house?
(a) They are eaten.
(b) They are sent to another sleeping bed.
(c) They are shoved out.
(d) They are scared away.
11. Why does Mr. Popper take a season off of work?
(a) He gets sick.
(b) School is out.
(c) It is tradition.
(d) It is too cold to work.
12. What is the name of Mr. Popper's town?
13. What kind of pet does Mrs. Popper keep?
(a) A goldfish.
(b) A gerbil.
(c) A cat.
(d) A small dog.
14. What does the first penguin do when Mrs. Popper first sees him?
(a) Honks at her.
(b) Snuggles with her.
(c) Cleans her.
(d) Pecks at her.
15. What does Captain Cook slide down on his walk?
(a) The steps.
(b) The slide in the park.
(c) A hill.
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Popper unable to sleep the night of the broadcast?
2. Why doesn't the service man want to do what Mr. Popper asks of him?
3. What does the penguin watch the children do in their room?
4. How does Mrs. Callahan feel about Captain Cook?
5. Why does Mr. Popper choose to not follow the policeman's instructions?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)