|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Popper doing when Captain Cook wanders around the house?
(a) Cleaning the floor.
(b) Doing the dishes.
(c) Makign breakfast.
2. What does Mr. Popper like to watch movies about?
3. What does Mr. Popper fantasize about?
(b) Being famous.
(c) Owning a restaurant.
(d) Being rich.
4. How does Bill feel about the package from Admiral Drake?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) He is delighted.
(d) He is suspicious.
5. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
(a) He went without her.
(b) He doesn't look happy anymore.
(c) He is bleeding.
(d) His clothes are ruined.
6. What do the penguins use to make their nests in Mr. Popper's house?
(c) Ice cubes.
7. What does the first penguin say when the kids ask what his name is?
8. What does the penguin do when he sees the service man?
(a) Pecks at him.
(b) Nuzzles him.
(d) Slides on his belly.
9. What does Mr. Popper do when he is bored the day after the broadcast?
(a) He paints the bathroom.
(b) He reads.
(c) He writes a letter.
(d) He takes a walk.
10. How does Mr. Popper feel when he is kicked out of the barbershop?
(d) All of these.
11. Where does Captain Cook bring the things from the house that he likes?
(a) The fridge.
(b) The bathtub.
(c) The mail box.
(d) The kitchen sink.
12. What does the service man think of Mr. Popper when he hears what he is to do?
(a) He is a chump.
(b) He is a genius.
(c) He is stupid.
(d) He is crazy.
13. How does Mr. Popper describe the first penguin from Admiral Drake?
14. What kind of pet does Mrs. Popper keep?
(a) A cat.
(b) A goldfish.
(c) A small dog.
(d) A gerbil.
15. Where does Mr. Popper go at the end of the first walk with Captain Cook?
(a) The school.
(b) The park.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The barber.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Popper unable to sleep the night of the broadcast?
2. Why does the policeman come to Mr. Popper's house?
3. How many times has Mr. Popper redecorated his house?
4. Why doesn't the service man want to do what Mr. Popper asks of him?
5. What does Mr. Popper want to use for the penguin's nest?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)