|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Captain Cook do when he gets to the top of the stairway?
(a) He slides down.
(b) He calls out to other birds.
(c) He takes a nap.
(d) He makes a nest.
2. Where does the policeman tell Mr. Popper to get what he needs to keep the penguin?
(a) A town hall meeting.
(b) City hall.
(c) The governor's office.
(d) The HOA.
3. What does the first penguin do when Mrs. Popper first sees him?
(a) Snuggles with her.
(b) Cleans her.
(c) Pecks at her.
(d) Honks at her.
4. What does Mr. Popper notice first about his package from Admiral Drake?
(a) It is moving.
(b) It is huge.
(c) It is black.
(d) It is cold.
5. Who does Mr. Popper name his first penguin after?
(a) His mentor.
(b) His father.
(c) A fairy tale figure.
(d) An explorer.
6. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
(a) He is bleeding.
(b) He doesn't look happy anymore.
(c) He went without her.
(d) His clothes are ruined.
7. Why does Mr. Popper need the help of a service man?
(a) To make the penguin feel at home.
(b) So Mrs. Popper will be happy.
(c) To make the bathroom habitable.
(d) So the penguin can live in the fridge.
8. Why is Mr. Popper unable to sleep the night of the broadcast?
(a) He is sick.
(b) He is too excited.
(c) The phone keeps ringing.
(d) His wife is upset.
9. What is Mrs. Popper doing when Captain Cook wanders around the house?
(a) Doing the dishes.
(b) Makign breakfast.
(d) Cleaning the floor.
10. How does Mr. Popper describe the service man?
11. What does Dr. Smith send Mr. Popper to help Captain Cook?
(a) High powered fans.
(b) Some pills.
(c) Pictures of snow.
(d) Another penguin.
12. Which of these is an instruction on the package from Admiral Drake?
(a) Keep in closed quarters.
(b) Unpack at once.
(c) Handle with care.
(d) Open in darkness.
13. How much does Mr. Popper pay the service man?
14. How many times has Mr. Popper redecorated his house?
15. What does Mr. Popper ask a service man to do for him?
(a) Install an air conditioner.
(b) Raise the coolness meter.
(c) Drill holes in the fridge.
(d) Build a cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper get Captain Cook out of the barber shop?
2. What makes Mr. Popper want to shave?
3. What kind of pet does Mrs. Popper keep?
4. What does the service man think of Mr. Popper when he hears what he is to do?
5. What does the penguin watch the children do in their room?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)