|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper want to use for the penguin's nest?
(a) The dog bed.
(b) The fridge.
(c) The garage.
(d) The bath tub.
2. Why does the veterinarian have little hope of helping Captain Cook?
(a) All of these.
(b) He can tell the bird is sick.
(c) He knows it is not right to keep a bird like that.
(d) He has never treated a penguin before.
3. Why is Mr. Popper unable to sleep the night of the broadcast?
(a) He is sick.
(b) His wife is upset.
(c) The phone keeps ringing.
(d) He is too excited.
4. What sound comes from the package from Admiral Drake?
5. What does Mr. Popper use as a leash?
(a) A clothesline.
(b) A jumprope.
(c) A pull cord.
(d) A ripped up sheet.
6. Which of these is an instruction on the package from Admiral Drake?
(a) Keep in closed quarters.
(b) Handle with care.
(c) Open in darkness.
(d) Unpack at once.
7. What room does Mr. Popper offer to redecorate at the beginning of the book?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The office.
(d) The bathroom.
8. How many penguins are in the package from Admiral Drake?
9. What does Mrs. Popper get stressed about?
(b) Her children.
(d) Her education.
10. What is Mrs. Callahan holding when she first sees Captain Cook?
(a) A back pack.
(b) Some flowers.
(d) A glass jar.
11. Where does Captain Cook find a stairway?
(a) Behind the barber shop.
(b) In the park.
(c) In the library.
(d) At the firehouse.
12. How does Captain Cook feel about his leash?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He is afraid of it.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He wants to eat it.
13. Why doesn't the service man want to do what Mr. Popper asks of him?
(a) It is against the rules.
(b) It is not something he has ever done before.
(c) He hates penguins.
(d) He knows it will ruin the fridge.
14. Which of these is NOT a question asked by the reporters?
(a) Where the penguin lives.
(b) Where he got the penguin.
(c) How much he is selling the penguin for.
(d) What he named the penguin.
15. Where do the penguins from Admiral Drake's package swim in the house?
(a) The kitchen sink.
(b) The garage.
(c) The bathtub.
(d) The kiddie pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Popper wear what he does when he walks Captain Cook?
2. What is Mr. Popper's job?
3. What does Mr. Popper do when he has a season of work off?
4. What does the barber call Captain Cook?
5. What does the first penguin do when Mrs. Popper first sees him?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)