Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper like about penguins?
2. What does Mrs. Popper think about penguins?
3. Why is Mr. Popper so excited on the 29th at the beginning of the book?
4. Who is Admiral Drake?
5. How does Admiral Drake show that he knows of Mr. Popper?
6. What does Mrs. Popper always serve for dinner, and why?
7. Describe the package from Admiral Drake when it first arrives.
8. Why is Mrs. Popper so unhappy when she sees the first penguin?
9. What happens when the first penguin has his first meal at the Popper's house?
10. How does the penguin show that the food from the fridge was not enough?
11. Where does the penguin sleep the first night at the Popper's, and what does Mr. Popper think of this?
12. How does the first penguin get his name?
13. What changes does Mr. Popper have made to the ice box?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)