|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Popper make out of ice for the baby penguins?
(c) An obstacle course.
(d) A pool.
2. What does the barber call Captain Cook?
(a) The monster.
(b) A big crane.
(c) An owl.
(d) That Thing.
3. What does Mr. Popper want to use for the penguin's nest?
(a) The dog bed.
(b) The bath tub.
(c) The garage.
(d) The fridge.
4. Why doesn't the service man want to do what Mr. Popper asks of him?
(a) It is against the rules.
(b) It is not something he has ever done before.
(c) He hates penguins.
(d) He knows it will ruin the fridge.
5. Why does Mr. Popper wear what he does when he walks Captain Cook?
(a) He doesn't want to be recognized.
(b) He doesn't plan to go far.
(c) He is proud of his penguin,
(d) He knows it will be hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Popper describe the first penguin from Admiral Drake?
2. What is Mrs. Popper upset about when her husband comes home from the walk?
3. Why does Mrs. Popper make the same dinner every night?
4. How does Mrs. Popper feel when she sees what Captain Cook has collected?
5. What does Captain Cook give Mr. Popper after the female penguin comes?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)