|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men from the examination room will be selected as lieutenants?
2. How long is Hornblower kept in prison?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 20 months.
(d) 2 months.
3. Who is with Hornblower when he sees a Spanish ship wrecked on the rocks while he is in prison?
(a) The General.
(b) The Garrison.
(c) The commandant.
(d) Another prisoner.
4. What powers the Spanish Galleys?
(a) A motorized rudder.
(b) Slaves at oars.
(c) Steam power.
5. What do Hornblower and his crew try to hide from while they are in quarantine?
(a) The British fleet.
(c) Shores with the plague.
(d) Spanish ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Hornblower during his lieutenant examination?
2. What is the Duchess's real name?
3. On what grounds is Hornblower released from prison?
4. What is Hornblower ordered to do when the town he is a liaison in is attacked?
5. Who does Hammond challenge to a duel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hornblower get on board the Spanish Galley?
2. What is a fire ship?
3. How does Hornblower keep the special and important dispatches safe when a Spanish ship is about to close in on him?
4. How does Hornblower feel about Edrington?
5. Who is Hornblower ordered to accompany back to England after the dinner, and how does Hornblower feel about this?
6. How does Captain Pellew hear about the peace between France and Spain, and what is he ordered to do?
7. Why are Hornblower and Foster so afraid they will drown when they jump off of the fire ship?
8. What did the lieutenant examination end up consisting of?
9. What is Hornblower's job while in Muzzilac, and why is he chosen for this position?
10. On what grounds is Hornblower released from prison?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)