|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Indefatigable doing when Spain makes peace with France?
(a) Raiding a Spanish fleet.
(b) Guarding a British fleet.
(c) Taking a sabbatical.
(d) Fighting the French Army.
2. How does Hornblower get on board the Spanish Galley?
(a) He swings on board with a mast rope.
(b) He uses an oar.
(c) He climbs the grapple.
(d) He scales the port windows.
3. What rank do the men on the board of examiners hold?
4. Where are the retreating soldiers ferried to?
(a) The Indefatigable.
(b) The Justinian.
(c) The Papillon.
(d) The Marie Galant.
5. Who will lead the Indefatigable as they transport the special cargo?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hornblower land after the fire ship incident?
2. Where does the Indefatigable go after learning of Hornblower's experience on shore?
3. How long is Hornblower kept in prison?
4. What happens to the trade commisioner while haggling over the price of the cargo?
5. What does Hornblower exchange for the cargo when he goes to shore after the fire ship incident?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Foster challenge Hammond to a duel?
2. Who is Hornblower ordered to accompany back to England after the dinner, and how does Hornblower feel about this?
3. What is a fire ship?
4. What is the cause of the strange occurrences Hornblower witnesses when he goes on shore to trade for cattle, and who discovers it?
5. What do Pouzauges and his men do when they get to Muzzilac?
6. How does Hornblower capture the Spanish ship while he is heading to deliver the cargo of cattle to the British fleet?
7. What strange occurrences does Hornblower witness when he goes on shore to trade for cattle?
8. How does Hornblower feel about his fancy dinner at the Government house?
9. How are the Spanish Galleys different than ordinary ships?
10. What does Hornblower think when he sees the size of the the army invading France?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)