|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Hornblower when he first enters the Navy?
2. What does Hornblower spend his time doing while on board the ship that finds him after losing the Marie Galant?
3. What is the first captured ship Hornblower is given command of carrying?
4. What is strange about Hornblower's age when he first enters the Navy?
(a) He is older than usual.
(b) He is small for his age.
(c) He seems wise beyond his years.
(d) He is younger than usual.
5. What does Hornblower allow the crew of the captured vessel to do after the first night of their capture?
(a) Prepare and enjoy beakfast.
(b) Tell them the safest place to port the ship.
(c) Give their version of the conflict.
(d) Help fix the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Hornblower supposed to take his first captured vessel?
2. What is the name of the captain of the first ship Hornblower is assigned duty to in the Navy?
3. Who does Hornblower place second in command to himself during the attack on the Papillon?
4. Where does Hornblower place the crew of the first captured vessel he is given command of?
5. What is Hornblower unwilling to do in his duel with Simpson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crew of the Marie Galant see as they are sailing away from their ship?
2. What happens when the Pique sees the Indefatigable coming towards them and why?
3. What is the duty of the Indefatigable out at sea?
4. How does Hornblower save Finch's life during the battle with the ship with the strange French sails?
5. Who is given command of the Marie Galant, and what is he told to do with it?
6. What happens to Hales as the boats near the Papillon before the attack?
7. What does Hornblower find in the cable tier one night?
8. What is the Marie Galant carrying, and why is this so shocking to Hornblower?
9. What does Hornblower order the crew to do when he knows the ship is lost?
10. What does Hornblower threaten to do to any man that stands in the way of his sailing after losing the Marie Galant?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)