|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slaves are on board a Spanish Galley?
2. Where does the Duchess offer to hide the dispatches when the Spanish ship closes on them?
(a) Under her hat.
(b) In her corset.
(c) In her luggage.
(d) In her petticoats.
3. Who is with Hornblower when he sees a Spanish ship wrecked on the rocks while he is in prison?
(a) The commandant.
(b) Another prisoner.
(c) The Garrison.
(d) The General.
4. What happens just after the Indefatigable is escorted out to sea by the Spanish Galleys?
(a) The British battery arrives.
(b) Cannons are shot.
(c) A storm hits.
(d) The wind dies.
5. Who does Hammond challenge to a duel?
6. What does Hornblower jump into when the Spanish Galleys head towards the merchant vessels?
(a) A jolly.
(b) The galley.
(c) A lifeboat.
(d) His bunk.
7. Who is ordered to accompany Hornblower on his way to England after taking in the Le Reve?
(a) Duchess of Yorkshire.
(b) Lady Dalrymple.
(c) Duchess of Wharfedale.
(d) Lady Dalmyner.
8. What does Jackson throw into the Spanish Galley?
(a) A stick of dynamite.
(b) A grapple.
(c) An anchor.
(d) A grenade.
9. What does the port admiral decide to do with the Le Reve?
(a) Send it on an espionage detail.
(b) Sell it back to France.
(c) Fit it with gins and make a small warship.
(d) Purchase it into the Naval service.
10. Where does Hornblower land after the fire ship incident?
(a) Gulf of Oman.
(b) Bay of Oman.
(c) Shores of Oman.
(d) Port of Oman.
11. Where does the Indefatigable first land while transporting the special cargo?
12. Which of the following is NOT a name on the board of examiners?
13. What force helped Hornblower secure the Spanish Galley?
14. Who is the senior officer of the board of examiners?
15. What must be done before Hornblower will give his money to the trade commissioner on shore?
(a) See a writ of sale or a receipt.
(b) Have the cargo loaded.
(c) Inspect the intended cargo.
(d) Test the efficacy of the intended cargo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower's crew enjoy each day while in quarantine?
2. What starts heading towards Hornblower during the lieutenant examination?
3. What does Hornblower exchange for the cargo when he goes to shore after the fire ship incident?
4. How does Captain Pellew hear the news that Spain has made peace with France?
5. What will happen if Hornblower fails his lieutenant examination?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)