|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hornblower take the Le Reve after it has been captured?
(a) Gibraltar Bay.
(b) Gibraltar Dock.
(c) Gibraltar Shore.
(d) Gibraltar Port.
2. Who does Hammond challenge to a duel?
3. Where does Hornblower request to go after being captured after his rescue mission?
(a) The Indefatigable.
(b) The Spanish court.
4. What does Hornblower's partner on shore realize when the trade commissioner falls ill?
(a) The plague is there on shore.
(b) The leadership has been cruel.
(c) They will all soon be dead.
(d) They are all starving.
5. What does the port admiral decide to do with the Le Reve?
(a) Sell it back to France.
(b) Send it on an espionage detail.
(c) Purchase it into the Naval service.
(d) Fit it with gins and make a small warship.
6. Where are the retreating soldiers ferried to?
(a) The Papillon.
(b) The Marie Galant.
(c) The Indefatigable.
(d) The Justinian.
7. How was Soames killed?
(a) Rammed by the galley.
(b) Shot by friendly fire.
(c) Fell to the deck from the mizzen.
(d) Burned with cannon discharge.
8. What does Hornblower see stacked in the town square of a French village?
(a) Rotting food.
(b) Headless bodies.
(c) Fine clothing.
9. Who will Hornblower be replacing when he becomes an active lieutenant?
10. Where does the Indefatigable first land while transporting the special cargo?
11. What title is held by the man who is to lead the Indefatigable as they transport the special cargo?
12. Where does Hornblower sleep while acting as a liaison between the English and French officers?
(a) On the floor.
(b) In a tavern.
(c) A hammock.
(d) A bed.
13. What starts heading towards Hornblower during the lieutenant examination?
(a) An enemy vessel.
(b) A large storm.
(c) A medical emergency.
(d) A fire ship.
14. What does Hornblower's crew enjoy each day while in quarantine?
(a) Beef steaks.
(b) Swims in the bay.
(c) Free time.
15. What does Hornblower exchange for the cargo when he goes to shore after the fire ship incident?
(a) Golden Guineas.
(b) Paper pounds.
(d) Silver Coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Duchess's real name?
2. What happens to Hornblower during his lieutenant examination?
3. What causes Hornblower to change his course after leaving Gibraltar?
4. Where does Hornblower land after the fire ship incident?
5. Who is with Hornblower as he acts as a liaison between the English and French leaders?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)