|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Examination for Lieutenant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Simpson in such a black mood when Hornblower joins the Navy?
(a) He hates British men.
(b) He failed his lieutenant's test.
(c) Hornblower's father killed Simpson's father.
(d) He knows Hornblower is better than him.
2. How old is Hornblower when he first enters the Navy?
3. What is Hornblower assigned to help with his first time back on shore after joining the Navy?
(a) A spy operation.
(b) A press gang.
(c) A trading embargo.
(d) A guard duty.
4. What does Hornblower threaten to do to men that disrupt his sailing after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Arrest them.
(b) Put them in charge.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Throw them overboard.
5. What happens to Hales as the boats near the Papillon before the attack?
(a) He jumps overboard.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He screams out in pain.
(d) He has a seizure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hales call out for as the boats near the Papillon before the attack?
2. Who does Hornblower place second in command to himself during the attack on the Papillon?
3. What is the name of the captain of the Indefatigable?
4. What weapon does Hornblower hold to protect himself against the French men after losing the Marie Galant?
5. What does Hornblower see stacked in the town square of a French village?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)