|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Examination for Lieutenant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Papillon first hide from the Indefatigable?
(a) In an estuary.
(b) In an English port.
(c) On the sand bar of a coral reef.
(d) In a French port.
2. Who sends Hornblower to take his lieutenant examination?
3. What are the ships carrying loads of contraband goods called?
(a) Trade embargos.
(b) Risk Inherent vessels.
(c) Merchant vessels.
(d) Prize ships.
4. What title is held by the man who is to lead the Indefatigable as they transport the special cargo?
5. Who loses the game that the sailors play while Hornblower is on shore for the first time since joining the Navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long will Hornblower have to wait to take the lieutenant examination again if he fails it the first time?
2. How many men are taking the lieutenant exam with Hornblower?
3. How does the Spanish Galley destroy the longboat?
4. Where is Hornblower drifting after losing the Marie Galant?
5. What excuse is given by the man Hornblower is worried about after the attack on the Papillon?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)