|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Spanish Galleys.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the slaves on the Spanish Galley clothed?
(a) They are painted with mud and leaves.
(b) They are in rags.
(c) They are naked.
(d) They are in women's dresses.
2. What is the Indefatigable doing when Spain makes peace with France?
(a) Raiding a Spanish fleet.
(b) Taking a sabbatical.
(c) Guarding a British fleet.
(d) Fighting the French Army.
3. What powers the Spanish Galleys?
(a) Steam power.
(b) A motorized rudder.
(c) Slaves at oars.
4. What happens to the mizzen during the attack against the strange French ship?
(a) It falls to the deck.
(b) It punctures the French ship.
(c) It falls into the ocean.
(d) It burns to the ground.
5. Where is Hornblower drifting after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) The English Channel.
(b) Bay of Biscay.
(c) Straits of Gibraltar.
(d) Bay of Dolphins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Hornblower sets about repairing on board his first captured vessel?
2. Why is Simpson in such a black mood when Hornblower joins the Navy?
3. What rumors are being spread about the man who joins Hornblower in the place he goes for solitude?
4. What does Simpson refuse to do to avoid a duel with Hornblower?
5. What weapon does the longboat try to use against the Spanish Galleys?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)