|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Spanish Galleys.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hornblower sleep while acting as a liaison between the English and French officers?
(a) A hammock.
(b) On the floor.
(c) A bed.
(d) In a tavern.
2. What does Hornblower do when he sees the Indefatigable coming towards the ship that picked him up after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Steals the log from the captain.
(b) Signals to the ship.
(c) Lights the ship on fire.
(d) Helps maneuver the ship away.
3. What does Hornblower do to quiet Hales as the boats approach the Papillon before the attack?
(a) Clamps his hand over his mouth.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Throws him overboard.
(d) Knocks him out.
4. What kinds of ships is the Indefatigable trying to protect against the Spanish Galleys?
(a) Merchant ships.
(c) Ships of the line.
(d) War ships.
5. Where is Hornblower drifting after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Straits of Gibraltar.
(b) Bay of Dolphins.
(c) Bay of Biscay.
(d) The English Channel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hornblower afraid of?
2. What does Jackson throw into the Spanish Galley?
3. What was the ship that finds Hornblower after he loses the Marie Galant designed to do?
4. What is the name of the first ship Hornblower is assigned duty to in the Navy?
5. What is the Indefatigable told to transport after the capture of the ship with the strange French sails?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)