|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Spanish Galleys.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the mizzen during the attack against the strange French ship?
(a) It falls to the deck.
(b) It burns to the ground.
(c) It punctures the French ship.
(d) It falls into the ocean.
2. Where are the retreating soldiers ferried to?
(a) The Marie Galant.
(b) The Justinian.
(c) The Indefatigable.
(d) The Papillon.
3. What else does Captain Pellew hear when he gets word of the peace between Spain and France?
(a) The Indefatigable must leave immediately.
(b) He is to stand trial for his actions against the French.
(c) He is to pay a peace tax.
(d) He is being released from his position.
4. How many English sailors are with Hornblower after losing the Marie Galant?
5. Who is leading the army that attacks the village where Hornblower is acting as a liaison?
(d) King George.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a man assigned to Hornblower's crew to take the captured ship to shore?
2. How old is Hornblower when he first enters the Navy?
3. What is being held in the storeroom of the ship that picked up Hornblower after losing the Marie Galant?
4. Where does the Indefatigable first land while transporting the special cargo?
5. How does the Spanish Galley destroy the longboat?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)