|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Man Who Saw God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the captain of the first ship Hornblower is assigned duty to in the Navy?
2. What worries Hornblower about one of his men after the attack on the Papillon?
(a) An injury from the battle.
(b) A lost look in his eyes.
(c) Sores on his face.
(d) Rumors from the crew.
3. What is being held in the storeroom of the ship that picked up Hornblower after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Black powder.
4. What is the first thing Hornblower sets about repairing on board his first captured vessel?
(a) The hull.
(b) The forecastle.
(c) The rigging.
(d) The topmast.
5. How is the ship with the strange French sails defeated?
(a) A truce between the captains.
(b) Heavy cannon fire.
(c) The murder of the French captain.
(d) Boarding maneuver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hornblower unwilling to do in his duel with Simpson?
2. What are crews called that take captured vessels into port?
3. When is the devil usually seen by the man who joins Hornblower in his place of solitude?
4. What excuse is given by the man Hornblower is worried about after the attack on the Papillon?
5. Who does Hornblower place second in command to himself during the attack on the Papillon?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)