|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Man Who Saw God.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower have the crew do to try and save the captured ship before evacuating it as a lost cause?
(a) Patch the hole.
(b) Balance the ebb.
(c) Pump the water out.
(d) Haul the cargo out bag by bag.
2. What does Honblower use to temporarily patch up the damage in the ship?
(a) Wood from the railing.
(b) A sail.
(d) Pasty wet wood.
3. What does Hornblower do when he suspects the hull of the captured ship was breached?
(a) Measures the gait in the water.
(b) Sounds the well.
(c) Asks the crew of the ship.
(d) Checks for holes.
4. How many English sailors are with Hornblower after losing the Marie Galant?
5. Who is sent to help Hornblower in his position when a strange French sail is seen in the distance?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT seen by a sailor in the maintop just before the battle with a strange French ship begins?
2. How does the man Hornblower is worried about after the Papillon attack really get injured?
3. What kind of ship is the Papillon?
4. Where does the Papillon first hide from the Indefatigable?
5. How old is Simpson at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)