|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Man Who Felt Queer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the boat does Hornblower confine the French men to after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) The harbor.
(b) The starboard.
(c) The bow.
(d) The port.
2. What does Hornblower threaten to do to men that disrupt his sailing after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Arrest them.
(c) Put them in charge.
(d) Throw them overboard.
3. Where is Hornblower supposed to take his first captured vessel?
(a) The central naval port.
(b) The nearest trading port.
(c) The dock in the channel.
(d) The nearest English port.
4. What is Hornblower's duty in the planned capture of the Papillon?
(a) Taking out the captain of the Papillon.
(b) Setting the topsails.
(c) Guiding the Indefatigable through the fog.
(d) Distracting the Papillon's crew.
5. What is Hornblower accused of while playing the game that the sailors play while Hornblower is on shore for the first time since joining the Navy?
(a) Distracting the others.
(b) Losing on purpose.
(c) Not knowing the rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wins the game that the sailors play while Hornblower is on shore for the first time since joining the Navy?
2. Where is the damage done to the captured ship that Hornblower is in charge of?
3. What weapon does Hornblower choose to use in his duel with Simpson?
4. Where is Hornblower drifting after losing the Marie Galant?
5. Who does Hornblower place second in command to himself during the attack on the Papillon?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)