|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Man Who Felt Queer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first captured ship Hornblower is given command of carrying?
2. What kind of ship is the Papillon?
(d) Ship of the line.
3. Who plans the strategic assault on the Papillon?
4. Why is Simpson in such a black mood when Hornblower joins the Navy?
(a) He hates British men.
(b) Hornblower's father killed Simpson's father.
(c) He failed his lieutenant's test.
(d) He knows Hornblower is better than him.
5. Where do Hornblower and his crew go when they abandon the first captured ship Hornblower was given command over?
(a) They use a makeshift raft.
(b) They salvage a life raft.
(c) They swim to shore.
(d) To the single rowboat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower threaten to do to men that disrupt his sailing after losing the Marie Galant?
2. What country runs the Papillon?
3. What is the general feeling aboard the first ship Hornblower has duty on in the Navy?
4. What weapon does Hornblower choose to use in his duel with Simpson?
5. Where is Hornblower supposed to take his first captured vessel?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)