|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Penalty of Failure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower threaten to do to men that disrupt his sailing after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Arrest them.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Put them in charge.
(d) Throw them overboard.
2. What is the name of the ship that Hornblower's first captain orders him to transfer to?
3. What does Hornblower hear when he goes to the cargo-hold of the first captured ship he is given command over?
(a) Scurrying feet.
(b) Muffled cries.
(c) Strange popping noises.
4. Where does the French captain want Hornblower to sail after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) The nearest port.
(b) A French port.
(c) The Isle of Elba.
(d) The trading post.
5. Where is Hornblower drifting after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Bay of Biscay.
(b) Straits of Gibraltar.
(c) The English Channel.
(d) Bay of Dolphins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower do when he sees the Indefatigable coming towards the ship that picked him up after losing the Marie Galant?
2. Which part of the boat does Hornblower confine the French men to after losing the Marie Galant?
3. What does Hornblower have the crew do to try and save the captured ship before evacuating it as a lost cause?
4. Where does Hornblower plan to sail after losing the Marie Galant?
5. What does Pellew say to Hornblower after hearing about his experience with the Marie Galant?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)