|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Penalty of Failure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hornblower allow the crew of the captured vessel to do after the first night of their capture?
(a) Give their version of the conflict.
(b) Help fix the ship.
(c) Prepare and enjoy beakfast.
(d) Tell them the safest place to port the ship.
2. What does Pellew say to Hornblower after hearing about his experience with the Marie Galant?
(a) He was courageous.
(b) He was responsible.
(c) He was foolish.
(d) He was inexperienced.
3. Why is Simpson in such a black mood when Hornblower joins the Navy?
(a) He knows Hornblower is better than him.
(b) He hates British men.
(c) He failed his lieutenant's test.
(d) Hornblower's father killed Simpson's father.
4. What is being held in the storeroom of the ship that picked up Hornblower after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Black powder.
5. What does Hornblower do when he suspects the hull of the captured ship was breached?
(a) Asks the crew of the ship.
(b) Checks for holes.
(c) Measures the gait in the water.
(d) Sounds the well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Hornblower and his crew go when they abandon the first captured ship Hornblower was given command over?
2. Where does Hornblower place the crew of the first captured vessel he is given command of?
3. What is the name of the captain of the first ship Hornblower is assigned duty to in the Navy?
4. What does Hornblower hear when he goes to the cargo-hold of the first captured ship he is given command over?
5. What is Hornblower's first name?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)