|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Cargo of Rice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the first captured ship Hornblower is given command over when he and the crew abandon the ship?
(a) It lights on fire.
(b) It is fired on by French cannons.
(c) It pops apart at the seams.
(d) It sinks.
2. What are the ships carrying loads of contraband goods called?
(a) Prize ships.
(b) Merchant vessels.
(c) Risk Inherent vessels.
(d) Trade embargos.
3. What does Hornblower have the crew do to try and save the captured ship before evacuating it as a lost cause?
(a) Haul the cargo out bag by bag.
(b) Balance the ebb.
(c) Patch the hole.
(d) Pump the water out.
4. What is the first captured ship Hornblower is given command of carrying?
5. What does Hornblower do when he suspects the hull of the captured ship was breached?
(a) Measures the gait in the water.
(b) Checks for holes.
(c) Asks the crew of the ship.
(d) Sounds the well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general feeling aboard the first ship Hornblower has duty on in the Navy?
2. Who wins the game that the sailors play while Hornblower is on shore for the first time since joining the Navy?
3. Who loses the game that the sailors play while Hornblower is on shore for the first time since joining the Navy?
4. Where do Hornblower and his crew go when they abandon the first captured ship Hornblower was given command over?
5. What weapon does Hornblower choose to use in his duel with Simpson?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)