|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Cargo of Rice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Hornblower sets about repairing on board his first captured vessel?
(a) The hull.
(b) The forecastle.
(c) The topmast.
(d) The rigging.
2. What does Hornblower have the crew do to try and save the captured ship before evacuating it as a lost cause?
(a) Balance the ebb.
(b) Pump the water out.
(c) Haul the cargo out bag by bag.
(d) Patch the hole.
3. Which of the following is NOT a man assigned to Hornblower's crew to take the captured ship to shore?
4. What does Simpson refuse to do to avoid a duel with Hornblower?
(a) Call Hornblower by his proper name.
(c) Act kindly.
(d) Give back Hornblower's stolen goods.
5. What is the general feeling aboard the first ship Hornblower has duty on in the Navy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hornblower hear when he goes to the cargo-hold of the first captured ship he is given command over?
2. What is the name of the captain of the first ship Hornblower is assigned duty to in the Navy?
3. What is the name of the first captured ship Hornblower is assigned to take to shore?
4. Where is Hornblower supposed to take his first captured vessel?
5. What are crews called that take captured vessels into port?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)