|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Hornblower and the Examination for Lieutenant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse is given by the man Hornblower is worried about after the attack on the Papillon?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(d) Rat bites.
2. What is being held in the storeroom of the ship that picked up Hornblower after losing the Marie Galant?
(d) Black powder.
3. Where is Hornblower drifting after losing the Marie Galant?
(a) Bay of Dolphins.
(b) Bay of Biscay.
(c) Straits of Gibraltar.
(d) The English Channel.
4. How many men from the examination room will be selected as lieutenants?
5. What is the name of the ship that finds Hornblower after he loses the Marie Galant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank do the men on the board of examiners hold?
2. What does Hornblower spend his time doing while on board the ship that finds him after losing the Marie Galant?
3. What does Pellew say to Hornblower after hearing about his experience with the Marie Galant?
4. Where does the French captain want Hornblower to sail after losing the Marie Galant?
5. What was the ship that finds Hornblower after he loses the Marie Galant designed to do?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)