|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Blue's motion picture, how are individuals known?
2. What is Blue's response to Stevens saying the owner of the skyscraper would kick him off if he knew he was there?
3. At what time is Blue's party to start that Stevens attended?
4. Which of the following best describes Blue's physical description:
5. Fill in the following quote from Chapter I: "Or perhaps his order was life and the world his _____________."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it important for Blue that God was made man?
2. What does Blue do with his inheritance?
3. What is Blue's life challenge?
4. How is the narrator introduced to Blue?
5. What is the purpose of Chapter III?
6. Describe Blue's living arrangements in Chapter II.
7. What does Blue mean by saying that Christ was 'humanized infinitude?"
8. How does Blue make the narrator feel about his life?
9. What is the weakness of the IGW?
10. What is Blue doing in Chapter III on top of the skyscraper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Blue's story in Chapter III, people have become slaves to technology with only six people running the world. This provides insight into Blue's feelings about how humans interact with technology and his fear of becoming too dependent. Analyze Blue's attitudes on technology as revealed in his story in Chapter III. What is the positive impact technology has on people in Blue's story? What is the negative impact technology has on people in Blue's story?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Blue is guided by deep Christian values. Explore these values and how they affect how Mr. Blue lives his life.
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a literary device used to give meaning to an object beyond the obvious. Analyzes a symbol used in "Mr. Blue." Include a description of the symbol and how it is used in the novel.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)