|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stevens, what is Blue fond of?
2. Who was the narrator talking with when he first met Blue?
3. How does Blue's idea for a motion picture end?
4. How much money does Blue really have?
5. What is needed to make a living on the skyscraper doable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Blue's attitude about being poor?
2. What does Blue mean by saying that Christ keeps humans from 'the terrible burden of infinity?"
3. Why does the author mention that John Stuart is a Catholic?
4. Compare Blue to St. Francis of Assisi.
5. What is Blue doing in Chapter III on top of the skyscraper?
6. Why is it important for Blue that God was made man?
7. What does Blue mean by saying that Christ was 'humanized infinitude?"
8. Describe the people in Blue's story.
9. What is the purpose of Chapter III?
10. How do the leaders of the IGW run the world?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chapter VI ends with Blue giving the narrator a card that reads "The cross is the gift God gives his friends." Analyze this card, where it came from and what meaning it has for Blue and the narrator.
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a literary device used to give meaning to an object beyond the obvious. Analyzes a symbol used in "Mr. Blue." Include a description of the symbol and how it is used in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In Blue's story in Chapter III, all Christians had been exterminated. The world ends when White performs Mass and God destroys the world and makes it anew. Analyze Blue's philosophy of religion as revealed in the story in Chapter III.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)