|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the following quote from the end of the novel: "Why are all of us here and not ________."
(d) The Lord.
2. What is the narrator's goal in life?
(a) To right the world's wrongs.
(b) To heal the sick.
(c) To make a great deal of money.
(d) To bring the gospel to the poor.
3. In one of Blue's letters, Blue writes, "Life gives you ______________."
(a) Lemons and it is up to you to make lemonade.
(b) A taste of the imagination.
(c) The ability to read, not to think.
(d) Pretty much what you give it.
4. Fill in the following quote by Blue in Chapter VI: "It is because I have been so happy that I am so ______________."
5. According to Blue, what is an interpretation of the faith in medieval Europe?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blue eat at the restaurant with the narrator in Chapter VI?
2. What gives Blue courage at the beginning of Chapter VI?
3. In Blue's second letter, all of the following are words Blue describes as words men put on shields except:
4. What does Blue think is the narrator's best virtue is?
5. Fill in the following quotation by Blue in Chapter VI: "Once heroes built fortresses against the Mongol and the Saracen; now they must build fortresses against _____________."
Short Essay Questions
1. Could Blue be described as cautious? Which letter speaks to this?
2. What is the narrator's response to Blue's death?
3. What does Blue give the narrator at the end of Chapter VI?
4. What is the first letter about and what does it say about Blue?
5. What values of Blue's do the eighth, ninth and tenth letters defend?
6. Do you think Blue is a real person?
7. Would you consider Blue to be a deep thinker?
8. Who are the "Spies of God?"
9. What is the setting of Chapter VI?
10. What job does Blue take in Chapter VII?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)