|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the following quote from Chapter III: "The fantasy of the philosopher had come true: ____________ had become superior to men."
2. Fill in the following quote by Blue from Chapter III: "I have no interest in time or key. ________ are what I like."
3. Who does Blue sit with in the hospital and tell stories to?
(a) Steven's daughter.
(b) Blue told the stories to himself in the hospital.
(c) The narrator's nephew.
(d) Abe's son.
4. What did the narrator think is wrong with Blue's motion picture idea?
(a) No actor would play the leading role.
(b) His theology was wrong.
(c) It would be too expensive to make.
(d) There would be no place to film it.
5. Fill in the following quote by the narrator from Chapter III: "You mean every husband is a sort of ___________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Blue do at the beginning of Chapter III?
2. What are the contents of Blue's room where he is living after he gave away his money?
3. Fill in the following quote from Blue in Chapter I: "Yes, life is beautiful. What are you doing __________________?"
4. Where does Blue really get money from?
5. How old is Blue in Chapter I?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author mention that John Stuart is a Catholic?
2. How is the narrator introduced to Blue?
3. How does White make crackers and what is his purpose in doing so?
4. What does Blue mean by saying that Christ keeps humans from 'the terrible burden of infinity?"
5. Compare Blue to St. Francis of Assisi.
6. What does Blue do with his inheritance?
7. What is Blue doing when the narrator first sees him in Chapter I?
8. What does Blue mean by saying that Christ was 'humanized infinitude?"
9. What is Blue's life challenge?
10. Describe the entertainment Blue had at a party for Stevens.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)