|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator first sees Blue in Chapter I, what is Blue riding in?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A horse carriage.
(d) A foreign automobile.
2. What is needed to make a living on the skyscraper doable?
(a) A 24 hour elevator service.
(b) Telephone service.
(c) Rooftop custodial crew.
(d) Bird repellant.
3. How does Blue's idea for a motion picture begin?
(a) The last known Christian put to death.
(b) Christ walking on earth.
(c) Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were sitting around a table.
(d) Civilization had been killed by an asteroid.
4. Fill in the following quote by Blue from Chapter II: "Without Christ, we would be little more than ____________."
5. What would Blue believe about living in a poorhouse?
(a) It would be glorious.
(b) It would be tedious.
(c) It would be revolting.
(d) It would be an adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the following quote from Blue in Chapter I: "Yes, life is beautiful. What are you doing __________________?"
2. How does Blue describe his speech in Chapter II on religion?
3. Which of the following is one of Blue's great passions?
4. What is Blue most proud of in his living situation after he gave away his money?
5. At what time is Blue's party to start that Stevens attended?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the leaders of the IGW run the world?
2. What are the narrator and John Stuart discussing at the beginning of Chapter II?
3. What does Blue mean by saying that Christ was 'humanized infinitude?"
4. What are the narrator's feelings towards Blue at the end of Chapter II?
5. Why is it important for Blue that God was made man?
6. What happens when White completes Mass?
7. Describe what White does.
8. How does Blue make the narrator feel about his life?
9. What is Blue doing when the narrator first sees him in Chapter I?
10. What does Blue make the narrator think at the end of Chapter II?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)