|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stevens, what is Blue fond of?
(b) The public library.
(c) Band music.
(d) The military.
2. In what city is Blue's skyscraper?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Francisco.
3. Who was the narrator talking about when he first met Blue?
(a) John Stuart.
(b) Ray Bradford.
(c) Frank Munsey.
(d) Al Capone.
4. Which of the following is one of Blue's great passions?
(a) Assisting the elderly.
(b) Colored toy balloons.
(c) Educating the disenfranchised.
(d) Feeding the hungry.
5. In Chapter I, where does Blue go on a pilgrimage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the following quote from Blue in Chapter I: "Yes, life is beautiful. What are you doing __________________?"
2. How does Blue's idea for a motion picture end?
3. What does Blue do at the beginning of Chapter III?
4. At the beginning of Chapter III, what is Blue painting?
5. In Chapter I, how long has it been since the narrator last heard from Blue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the weakness of the IGW?
2. How does Blue make the narrator feel about his life?
3. How does White make crackers and what is his purpose in doing so?
4. What is the story Blue tells the narrator about?
5. What is the purpose of Chapter III?
6. Why does the author mention that John Stuart is a Catholic?
7. How does the narrator feel about money?
8. What is Blue's attitude about being poor?
9. What are the narrator's feelings towards Blue at the end of Chapter II?
10. Describe the people in Blue's story.
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)