|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the following quote from Chapter III: "The fantasy of the philosopher had come true: ____________ had become superior to men."
2. In Blue's idea for a motion picture, what is punishable by death?
(a) The reading of the New Testament.
(b) Growing crops.
(c) The cultivation of decorative growth.
(d) Attending a church service.
3. Fill in the following quote from Chapter I: " I have more ____________ than anyone alive."
(a) Checking accounts.
4. How does the narrator get down from the skyscraper in Chapter II?
(a) He sprints down the stairs as fast as he can.
(b) He rides the elevator.
(c) He jumps using a human kite.
(d) He walks down the stairs.
5. Who does the narrator compare Blue to?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(c) Hans Christian Andersen.
(d) Shel Silverstein.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is needed to make a living on the skyscraper doable?
2. What does Blue argue for the abolition of?
3. What does No. 2,757,311 do on top of the large tower?
4. Which of the following is one of Blue's great passions?
5. When the narrator returns to Blue at the end of Chapter I, what does he see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the narrator and John Stuart discussing at the beginning of Chapter II?
2. What does the narrator think of Blue's theology in the story he told in Chapter III?
3. What is the story Blue tells the narrator about?
4. Why is it important for Blue that God was made man?
5. What is Blue's attitude about being poor?
6. What does Blue make the narrator think at the end of Chapter II?
7. What is the weakness of the IGW?
8. What is Blue doing in Chapter III on top of the skyscraper?
9. Where does Blue travel to in Chapter I?
10. What is the purpose of Chapter III?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)