|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the contents of Blue's room where he is living after he gave away his money?
(a) A bed, a chair, and an oil stove.
(b) A couch, a table, and a refrigerator.
(c) A love seat, a coffee table, and a coffee maker.
(d) A recliner, a desk, and a dishwasher.
2. Who does the narrator compare Blue to?
(a) Charles Dickens.
(b) Hans Christian Andersen.
(d) Shel Silverstein.
3. When Blue first received his inheritance, what does he do with his money?
(a) Purchased twenty foreign automobiles.
(b) Put it in a box.
(c) Put it in the bank.
(d) Bought four palatial houses.
4. When the narrator first sees Blue in Chapter I, what is Blue riding in?
(a) A foreign automobile.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A horse carriage.
(d) A taxi.
5. When the narrator returns to Blue at the end of Chapter I, what does he see?
(a) Blue sleeping on his couch.
(b) Blue talking on the phone.
(c) Blue cooking in his kitchen.
(d) Blue praying before a black cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the following quote from Chapter I: " I have more ____________ than anyone alive."
2. Fill in the following quote by Blue in Chapter 1: "My dear boy, it makes no difference what you want or _______________"
3. In Chapter I, where does the narrator first run into Blue?
4. In Chapter I, what advice does the narrator want to give Blue?
5. In England, who does Blue visit the important places in the life of?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)