|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louella have one day when she comes to July's door?
2. Where does July promise to see Louella after her appointment?
3. How does Louella support herself?
4. After Alan's visit, what is Louella's mood like when she visits July.
5. Following the baby's death, what does July realize the parents want her and Bo Jo to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does July realize was the real reason Bo Jo was in a bad mood when she returned from visiting Louella?
2. What plan do Bo Jo and July have in order to stay married?
3. Following her argument with Bo Jo, what does July write in a letter to Horace?
4. What does Bo Jo accuse July of when she returns from visiting Louella?
5. Why does July want to invite Bo Jo to her family's annual picnic?
6. How do the different members of the Greher and Jones families deal with the death of baby Jonathan?
7. Why don't Bo Jo and July want to get a divorce?
8. Why does July begin to find it hard to carry on her correspondence with Horace?
9. What opportunity does July sense both sets of parents see in the death of her son?
10. Who sends July a letter, and what does she initially plan to send as a response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Bo Jo and July. Why do they decide to get married? How does the reality of being married and pregnant as teenagers affect their relationship? Are they able to overcome the struggles associated with the pregnancy and teen marriage? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the subplots of the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." Describe the Louella-Nicholas subplot. Describe the Mary Ann-Alan subplot. How do these subplots parallel July's own relationship with Bo Jo?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of marriage in the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." Why do July and Bo Jo decide to marry? How do their parents react to the news of their marriage? In your opinion, was getting married at such a young age the right choice to make?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)