|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After growing closer to Bo Jo, what does July find hard to do?
2. After the baby's death, what does Bo Jo tell July he had found?
3. How does Bo Jo feel about the Grehers' offer to pay for July's doctor bills?
4. Which of the following people does Bo Jo not call while July is in distress?
5. Where does July promise to see Louella after her appointment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances of baby Jonathan's delivery?
2. What plan do Bo Jo and July have in order to stay married?
3. Why is Louella in a happy mood when she comes to visit July?
4. Why don't Bo Jo and July want to get a divorce?
5. Why is Louella upset when July goes to see her after her visit to the doctor?
6. How does Louella feel after her abortion?
7. What does Bo Jo say to July after meeting Louella?
8. What leads to baby Jonathan's death?
9. What does July realize when she is caring for her injured brother?
10. What opportunity does July sense both sets of parents see in the death of her son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the issue of abortion in 1960s American and how abortion is depicted in the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones". What is the public opinion of abortion during the 1960s in America? How is it depicted in the novel? What do the principle characters think of abortion? Why might Head include Louella's abortion; what message might she have sent?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze July's character growth throughout the novel. What causes her to grow as a character? In what ways does she grow?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the subplots of the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." Describe the Louella-Nicholas subplot. Describe the Mary Ann-Alan subplot. How do these subplots parallel July's own relationship with Bo Jo?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)