|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does July say in the first draft of her response to the letter?
2. Why does July return to the garage apartment?
3. Following the baby's death, what does July realize the parents want her and Bo Jo to do?
4. What is inserted into Jonathan's body to help his condition?
5. Why doesn't Louella want to have a baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why don't Bo Jo and July want to get a divorce?
2. What plan do Bo Jo and July have in order to stay married?
3. How does Louella feel after her abortion?
4. Why does July begin to find it hard to carry on her correspondence with Horace?
5. What do Bo Jo and July decide to do since he is uncomfortable with her parents paying the doctor's bills?
6. What does Bo Jo say to July after meeting Louella?
7. What plan do the parents present to July and Bo Jo after their son's death?
8. How do the different members of the Greher and Jones families deal with the death of baby Jonathan?
9. Why is Louella in a happy mood when she comes to visit July?
10. What does July hear about Nicholas weeks after Louella leaves town?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflicts in the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." What are the four types of conflicts? What are some examples of conflict in the novel? How do these conflicts affect the characters, particularly the protagonist July?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of choices in the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." What choices is July forced to make. Does she feel that she made the right choices? Do her parents make any choices for her?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Head's use of symbolism in the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? What do these symbols represent?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)