|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones"?
2. What does Mary Ann worry has been too easy for her and her boyfriend to do?
3. What kind of night is it at The Reef?
4. What grade is Mary Ann's boyfriend in?
5. What is The Reef?
Short Essay Questions
1. Right after moving into their new apartment, how does Bo Jo hurt July's feelings?
2. What enrages Mr. Jones enough that he calls and yells at Mr. Greher?
3. Who is Horace Clark, and why does July spend time with him?
4. Why do July and Bo Jo go to a hotel room on their first night as husband and wife?
5. What does July's grandmother give her after the wedding ceremony?
6. Who wants to throw a celebration for Bo Jo and July's marriage? How does this person feel when the offer is rejected?
7. How does Bo Jo react when July tells him that she is pregnant?
8. What worry does Mary Ann confide to July about her boyfriend Alan?
9. Why does July go to a town that is fifty miles away?
10. What is it like when Bo Jo and July are able to spend some time with their old gang of friends again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the relationship between July and her parents, as well as the relationship between Bo Jo and his parents. Do their relationships suffer because of the pregnancy and marriage? If so, how? What is the relationship like between July and Bo Jo's parents?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret the subplots of the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." Describe the Louella-Nicholas subplot. Describe the Mary Ann-Alan subplot. How do these subplots parallel July's own relationship with Bo Jo?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze July's character growth throughout the novel. What causes her to grow as a character? In what ways does she grow?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)