|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do July and Bo Jo argue about while crossing the state line?
2. What is the name of Louella's husband?
3. Where does Bo Jo plan to go after high school?
4. Why does July have to fight back tears on the night before her wedding?
5. What accusation does Mrs. Jones make against July's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Jones teach July in the two weeks before she and Bo Jo are to move out?
2. Where are Bo Jo and July invited to go to dinner together? What does July learn about during the dinner?
3. Why does July want Bo Jo to get a job?
4. In what manner does Bo Jo tell his parents of his marriage, and how do they react?
5. What worry does Mary Ann confide to July about her boyfriend Alan?
6. Why does Mrs. Jones refuse to attend Bo Jo and July's wedding ceremony?
7. How do July's parents react to her marriage?
8. What enrages Mr. Jones enough that he calls and yells at Mr. Greher?
9. Why does Bo Jo refuse July's father's job offer?
10. Who wants to throw a celebration for Bo Jo and July's marriage? How does this person feel when the offer is rejected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." Is family important to July? How does her family influence her decision-making and her relationship with Bo Jo? How does Bo Jo's family influence him? How does July's family take the news of her pregnancy and marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and interpret at least three of the secondary characters of the novel. What sort of relationships do these characters have with the protagonist of the novel? Do they have a significant role in the novel? Why or why not? Do these characters influence July in any aspect?
Essay Topic 3
What struggles did July face throughout the novel? What caused these struggles for her? How did she overcome them?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)