|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling him about the pregnancy, what does July accuse Bo Jo of?
2. What job does July's father offer Bo Jo?
3. What does Mrs. Jones teach July before she and Bo Jo move into their own apartment?
4. What kind of apartment does July's mother find for Bo Jo and July?
5. Why doesn't Bo Jo wait until he sees his parents to tell them about his marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens one night when July and Bo Jo go to the beach alone together?
2. Why does Mrs. Jones refuse to attend Bo Jo and July's wedding ceremony?
3. Why does Mrs. Jones feel embarrassed by her house warming gift for Bo Jo and July?
4. Who is Horace Clark, and why does July spend time with him?
5. Why do July and Bo Jo go to a hotel room on their first night as husband and wife?
6. What worry does Mary Ann confide to July about her boyfriend Alan?
7. What is it like when Bo Jo and July are able to spend some time with their old gang of friends again?
8. What does Bo Jo tell July while in study hall? Why is this news important to him?
9. What does July learn about Louella Consuela after seeing her at the supermarket?
10. Why does Bo Jo refuse July's father's job offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of deception in the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." Who deceives whom and why? July often deceives others in the novel, but is she a deceitful character? Why or why not? Why does she feel that she has to deceive her loved ones, particularly at the beginning of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the conclusion of the novel "Mr and Mrs Bo Jo Jones." How does the novel conclude? Is it a happy ending for July? Why or why not? Is the ending believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Bo Jo and July. Why do they decide to get married? How does the reality of being married and pregnant as teenagers affect their relationship? Are they able to overcome the struggles associated with the pregnancy and teen marriage? If so, how?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)