|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do July and Bo Jo travel to the picnic?
(a) Grandma Greher.
(b) July's parents.
(c) Bo Jo's parents.
(d) Mary Ann and Alan.
2. When July returns home, what does Bo Jo accuse July of doing with Louella?
(a) Going for an abortion.
(b) Talking badly about him.
(c) Getting drunk.
(d) Shopping when they have no money.
3. Where does July's family's annual picnic take place?
(a) On Mud Island.
(b) On Cain Island.
(c) On Tybee Island.
(d) On Barrie Island.
4. Where has Louella found a singing job?
(a) At a music school.
(b) In a nightclub.
(c) In an opera.
(d) In a Broadway show.
5. Where does Louella tell July she is going?
(a) To go to college.
(b) Out of town.
(c) To stay with her parents.
(d) To Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louella support herself?
2. How many years after the main story does the epilogue take place?
3. What does Grandmother Greher read to July after Jonathan dies?
4. How do July's parents treat Bo Jo?
5. Why don't Bo Jo and July want to split up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bo Jo say to July after meeting Louella?
2. Why is Louella upset when July goes to see her after her visit to the doctor?
3. Following her argument with Bo Jo, what does July write in a letter to Horace?
4. What opportunity does July sense both sets of parents see in the death of her son?
5. How does July think Bo Jo will feel about her family's paying her doctor's bills? How does Bo Jo actually feel?
6. How is the distance between the Jones and Greher families evident at the picnic?
7. What leads to baby Jonathan's death?
8. What does July realize when she is caring for her injured brother?
9. What does Bo Jo accuse July of when she returns from visiting Louella?
10. What plan do the parents present to July and Bo Jo after their son's death?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)