|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the college football practices scheduled to begin?
2. After revealing that she is pregnant, what does Louella ask July?
(a) Whether July will go see a doctor with her.
(b) Whether July has ever been pregnant.
(c) Whether she knows an abortion doctor.
(d) Whether there are any orphanages nearby.
3. What is the main point of Bo Jo's plan to stay married?
(a) He and July will have to pretend to date other people.
(b) He and July will have to live apart for a while.
(c) He and July will have to move to another state.
(d) He and July will have to save up a lot of money.
4. How does July feel about staying married to Bo Jo in the epilogue?
(a) She has only just begun to think it was a mistake.
(b) She says she is sad that her parents cannot accept it.
(c) She has no regrets.
(d) She says it was foolish but has worked out well.
5. Who is Louella running away from?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father-in-law.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The man she is having an affair with.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the baby's death, what does Bo Jo tell July he had found?
2. Who does July have an argument with about Bo Jo's family can attending the picnic?
3. Why does Louella come to the apartment for the first time?
4. What does July accuse Alice of?
5. How old was July when her father last called her by her nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does July realize was the real reason Bo Jo was in a bad mood when she returned from visiting Louella?
2. Following her argument with Bo Jo, what does July write in a letter to Horace?
3. Why is July envious when she sees Alan and Mary Ann together?
4. Why is Louella upset when July goes to see her after her visit to the doctor?
5. What plan do Bo Jo and July have in order to stay married?
6. What leads to baby Jonathan's death?
7. Who offers July a ride home from the post office? What does July accuse this person of?
8. How is the distance between the Jones and Greher families evident at the picnic?
9. What does Louella tell July when she shows up at her door with a suitcase in hand?
10. What does Bo Jo say to July after meeting Louella?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)