|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does July prepare for Bo Jo before leaving her apartment to see Louella?
(a) A pot roast.
(b) A casserole.
(c) A sandwich.
(d) A bowl of soup.
2. Who does July receive a letter from?
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) The college she hoped to attend.
3. Who is Louella running away from?
(a) Her father-in-law.
(b) The man she is having an affair with.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her mother.
4. Where has July just been when Alice offers her a ride home?
(a) The post office.
(b) The bank.
(c) The doctor's office.
(d) The grocery store.
5. Why does Louella come to the apartment for the first time?
(a) To watch television.
(b) For lunch.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To play cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. When July finds the letter from the football coach, what does she realize?
2. How many nights a week does Louella sing?
3. Where does Louella tell July she is going?
4. What does Grandmother Greher read to July after Jonathan dies?
5. What contributes to Jonathan's greater risk of death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does July's ongoing correspondence with Horace finally come to an end?
2. What does Bo Jo say to July after meeting Louella?
3. How does Louella feel after her abortion?
4. What do Bo Jo and July decide to do since he is uncomfortable with her parents paying the doctor's bills?
5. Why is Louella in a happy mood when she comes to visit July?
6. Why is Louella upset when July goes to see her after her visit to the doctor?
7. What does Bo Jo accuse July of when she returns from visiting Louella?
8. Why does July want to invite Bo Jo to her family's annual picnic?
9. What does Mrs. Greher criticize Bo Jo for when she invites July to Sunday dinner? How does July later use this criticism against Bo Jo?
10. What leads to baby Jonathan's death?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)