|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inserted into Jonathan's body to help his condition?
(a) An I.V.
(b) A pin.
(c) A pace maker.
(d) A tube.
2. At the picnic, for what reason do the Grehers subtly make fun of the Joneses?
(a) Dressing too casually.
(b) Arriving late.
(c) Bringing a lot of stuff with them.
(d) Their beat-up car.
3. Who does July have an argument with about Bo Jo's family can attending the picnic?
(a) Bo Jo.
(b) Mrs. Greher.
4. How does July describe the feeling of her baby inside her?
(a) Like being tickled by a feather.
(b) Like a butterfly's wings.
(c) Like a warm bubbly feeling.
(d) Like having a constant nervous tummy.
5. When Mrs. Gerher invites July for dinner, what does her mother criticize Bo Jo for?
(a) His table manners.
(b) His coldness towards the Grehers.
(c) His foul language.
(d) The way he dresses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louella do before revealing her news to July?
2. Where has Louella found a singing job?
3. Where does July's family's annual picnic take place?
4. How long is July in and out of consciousness after her baby is delivered?
5. What nickname does Mr. Greher call July after Jonathan dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does July realize was the real reason Bo Jo was in a bad mood when she returned from visiting Louella?
2. Why does July want to invite Bo Jo to her family's annual picnic?
3. What does July realize when she is caring for her injured brother?
4. What does Louella tell July in the letter that she sends her?
5. How does Louella feel after her abortion?
6. How is the distance between the Jones and Greher families evident at the picnic?
7. What does Bo Jo say to July after meeting Louella?
8. What opportunity does July sense both sets of parents see in the death of her son?
9. Why is Louella upset when July goes to see her after her visit to the doctor?
10. How does July think Bo Jo will feel about her family's paying her doctor's bills? How does Bo Jo actually feel?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)