|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does July's family hold an annual picnic?
(a) On Independence Day.
(b) On Mother's Day.
(c) On the Easter weekend.
(d) On Labor Day.
2. How long is July in and out of consciousness after her baby is delivered?
(a) For one day.
(b) For ten hours.
(c) For three days.
(d) For one week.
3. Where does July begin to experience pain?
(a) In her back.
(b) In her legs.
(c) In her head.
(d) In her belly.
4. Why does Louella come to the apartment for the first time?
(a) To watch television.
(b) For lunch.
(c) For dinner.
(d) To play cards.
5. When Mrs. Gerher invites July for dinner, what does her mother criticize Bo Jo for?
(a) The way he dresses.
(b) His table manners.
(c) His foul language.
(d) His coldness towards the Grehers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does July receive a letter from?
2. What has Louella made an appointment to do when she visits July?
3. While tending to Gory for a day, why does July feel hurt?
4. After learning the baby has died, how does July feel?
5. What does the person who sends July a letter ask her about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does July realize when she is caring for her injured brother?
2. What does July realize was the real reason Bo Jo was in a bad mood when she returned from visiting Louella?
3. What does Mrs. Greher criticize Bo Jo for when she invites July to Sunday dinner? How does July later use this criticism against Bo Jo?
4. How does July's ongoing correspondence with Horace finally come to an end?
5. What does Bo Jo say to July after meeting Louella?
6. Why is July envious when she sees Alan and Mary Ann together?
7. What leads to baby Jonathan's death?
8. What opportunity does July sense both sets of parents see in the death of her son?
9. What does Louella tell July in the letter that she sends her?
10. Why does July begin to find it hard to carry on her correspondence with Horace?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)