|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do July's parents tell her to limit her time with Bo Jo?
(a) Because Bo Jo has a reputation for getting into trouble.
(b) So she can concentrate on her studies.
(c) Because they will have to break up in the autumn.
(d) So she doesn't end up 'in a rut'.
2. What kind of night is it at The Reef?
(a) Half-price night.
(b) High school seniors night.
(c) Karaoke night.
(d) Open mic night.
3. What does the note say that Bo Jo slips July in study hall?
(a) That he has gotten a football scholarship.
(b) That he has gotten a baseball scholarship.
(c) That he has gotten a hockey scholarship.
(d) That he has gotten a soccer scholarship.
4. What does Bo Jo think of abortion?
(a) He thinks it's a good option.
(b) He thinks it's only a last resort option.
(c) He thinks it is not morally right.
(d) He doesn't know what it is.
5. What job does July's father offer Bo Jo?
(a) A job in a company mail room.
(b) A job as a gardener.
(c) A job at his bank.
(d) A job at a gas station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Jones upset that July doesn't know how to do?
2. What is July's brother's name?
3. How do Bo Jo's parents react to the news?
4. What opinion does July's grandmother have of July's marriage?
5. Why do Bo Jo and July stay in a hotel room after telling July's parents of her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the visit between Mrs. Jones and Mrs. Greher, what indicates to July that some progress has been made in their relationship?
2. What details are given about July's marriage ceremony to Bo Jo?
3. How does July spend the evening before her marriage ceremony?
4. Who wants to throw a celebration for Bo Jo and July's marriage? How does this person feel when the offer is rejected?
5. Why does July go to a town that is fifty miles away?
6. What happens one night when July and Bo Jo go to the beach alone together?
7. What do Bo Jo and July argue about when Bo Jo comes back from The Coffee Pot to have lunch?
8. Right after moving into their new apartment, how does Bo Jo hurt July's feelings?
9. What does Bo Jo tell July while in study hall? Why is this news important to him?
10. Who is Horace Clark, and why does July spend time with him?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)