|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the plaque that Mrs. Jones gives to the newlyweds say?
(a) "Bless This Mess."
(b) "Home Sweet Home."
(c) "The Joneses."
(d) "God Bless This Home."
2. Where does Bo Jo plan to go after high school?
(a) An Ivy League school.
(b) A local state university.
(c) A technical school.
(d) A private prep school.
3. After July moves in with the Bo Jo's family, who refuses to attend their wedding ceremony?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Mrs. Greher.
(d) Mr. Greher.
4. What opinion does July's grandmother have of July's marriage?
(a) That it is a mistake.
(b) That it is ideal.
(c) That it is loveless.
(d) That it is silly.
5. How does July feel when she sees her grandmother at her wedding ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does July get to a town fifty miles away?
2. Why does July's mother insist on a proper marriage ceremony?
3. What job does July's father offer Bo Jo?
4. How does July feel when Bo Jo accepts the apartment and job?
5. Where does Grandmother Greher live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What enrages Mr. Jones enough that he calls and yells at Mr. Greher?
2. In what manner does Bo Jo tell his parents of his marriage, and how do they react?
3. Who wants to throw a celebration for Bo Jo and July's marriage? How does this person feel when the offer is rejected?
4. How is July affected mentally and physically by her night with Bo Jo at the beach?
5. How does Bo Jo react when July tells him that she is pregnant?
6. Who is Horace Clark, and why does July spend time with him?
7. How are Bo Jo and July greeted when they arrive at the Jones' house?
8. How do July's parents react to her marriage?
9. What worry does Mary Ann confide to July about her boyfriend Alan?
10. Before the pregnancy, what were July's and Bo Jo's plans for the future?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)