|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do July's parents tell her to limit her time with Bo Jo?
(a) Because they will have to break up in the autumn.
(b) Because Bo Jo has a reputation for getting into trouble.
(c) So she doesn't end up 'in a rut'.
(d) So she can concentrate on her studies.
2. After hearing of the pregnancy, what does July's mother want to do with the baby?
(a) Name it after her grandmother.
(b) Raise it as her own child.
(c) Put it up for adoption.
(d) Abort it.
3. Where does Louella invite July to go?
(a) To a movie.
(b) For tea.
(c) For a drive.
(d) For ice cream.
4. What ring does July use to get married?
(a) The one from the five and dime store.
(b) Her grandmother's engagement ring.
(c) A ring from a cereal box.
(d) A friendship ring Mary Ann had given her.
5. What confidence of July's, shocks Mary Ann?
(a) That July and Bo Jo don't love each other.
(b) That July and Bo Jo feel more like siblings.
(c) That July and Bo Jo hate Mary Ann's boyfriend.
(d) That July and Bo Jo never had sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Horace Clark?
2. What does July do in the bathroom at The Reef?
3. Why does July want Bo Jo to get a job?
4. What is Mrs. Jones upset that July doesn't know how to do?
5. Why does July dislike Alice Helms?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Horace Clark, and why does July spend time with him?
2. In what manner does Bo Jo tell his parents of his marriage, and how do they react?
3. What does Mrs. Jones teach July in the two weeks before she and Bo Jo are to move out?
4. Why does Mrs. Jones refuse to attend Bo Jo and July's wedding ceremony?
5. How do July's parents react to her marriage?
6. What worry does Mary Ann confide to July about her boyfriend Alan?
7. Why does July go to a town that is fifty miles away?
8. Why do Bo Jo, July, and their friends go to The Reef? How does July feel while there?
9. How does Bo Jo react when July tells him that she is pregnant?
10. What enrages Mr. Jones enough that he calls and yells at Mr. Greher?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)