|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bo Jo and July's marriage announced?
(a) In the Jones' family newsletter.
(b) In the school paper.
(c) In the newspaper.
(d) On the radio.
2. How is the owner of garage apartment described?
(a) As a old crone.
(b) As a lady of leisure.
(c) As a maiden aunt.
(d) As a spinster.
3. How does July feel when Bo Jo accepts the apartment and job?
4. After moving into their apartment, where does Bo Jo say he is going?
(a) To the beach.
(b) To the library.
(c) To the school.
(d) To a coffee shop.
5. Why does July's mother insist on a proper marriage ceremony?
(a) To save face.
(b) To show off to the neighbors.
(c) Because it will be fun.
(d) Because otherwise she thinks the marriage is doomed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bo Jo not dare do while staying with July at his parents' house?
2. Where does Bo Jo plan to go after high school?
3. What does Mr. Jones think Bo Jo should be wearing when he comes home?
4. What does July learn over dinner at her grandmother's home?
5. What do July and her siblings do together on the night before July's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Jones teach July in the two weeks before she and Bo Jo are to move out?
2. Why does July go to a town that is fifty miles away?
3. In what manner does Bo Jo tell his parents of his marriage, and how do they react?
4. What is it like when Bo Jo and July are able to spend some time with their old gang of friends again?
5. Why does Mrs. Jones refuse to attend Bo Jo and July's wedding ceremony?
6. What happens one night when July and Bo Jo go to the beach alone together?
7. What does Bo Jo tell July while in study hall? Why is this news important to him?
8. Who is Horace Clark, and why does July spend time with him?
9. In the visit between Mrs. Jones and Mrs. Greher, what indicates to July that some progress has been made in their relationship?
10. What details are given about July's marriage ceremony to Bo Jo?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)