|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When July returns home, what does Bo Jo accuse July of doing with Louella?
(a) Talking badly about him.
(b) Shopping when they have no money.
(c) Going for an abortion.
(d) Getting drunk.
2. Whose wedding has July recently attended in the epilogue?
(a) Mary Ann's.
3. When Alan visits, how does he act toward Mary Ann?
4. How does July describe the feeling of her baby inside her?
(a) Like having a constant nervous tummy.
(b) Like a warm bubbly feeling.
(c) Like being tickled by a feather.
(d) Like a butterfly's wings.
5. Who is with Dr. Harvey when he tells July that Jonathan has died?
(a) Bo Jo.
(b) Grandmother Greher.
(c) A pastor.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
6. Where has July just been when Alice offers her a ride home?
(a) The doctor's office.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) The bank.
(d) The post office.
7. After July got pregnant, how does Gory feel about Bo Jo?
(a) Gory admires Bo Jo.
(b) Gory hates Bo Jo.
(c) Gory is excited to have a brother-in-law.
(d) Gory has started to like Bo Jo.
8. Who does Mrs. Gerher arrange for July to see?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A marriage counsellor.
(c) A college administrator.
(d) The best baby doctor in town.
9. After fighting with Bo Jo, what does July do?
(a) Cooks herself a meal.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Writes a letter.
(d) Paints her nails.
10. What nickname does Mr. Greher call July after Jonathan dies?
11. When Mrs. Gerher invites July for dinner, what does her mother criticize Bo Jo for?
(a) His coldness towards the Grehers.
(b) His table manners.
(c) The way he dresses.
(d) His foul language.
12. Which of the following people does Bo Jo not call while July is in distress?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Greher.
(c) Dr. Harvey.
13. Where does July begin to experience pain?
(a) In her legs.
(b) In her back.
(c) In her belly.
(d) In her head.
14. What has Louella made an appointment to do when she visits July?
(a) See the dentist.
(b) Go to marriage counseling.
(c) Give her baby up for adoption.
(d) Get an abortion.
15. What is inserted into Jonathan's body to help his condition?
(a) A tube.
(b) A pace maker.
(c) A pin.
(d) An I.V.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is paying for Louella's lodging?
2. What happens while Bo Jo is on the phone with Dr. Harvey?
3. Where does July promise to see Louella after her appointment?
4. When July finds the letter from the football coach, what does she realize?
5. How do July and Bo Jo calm Nicholas when he barges into their home?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)