|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After growing closer to Bo Jo, what does July find hard to do?
(a) Listen to her mother disparaging Bo Jo.
(b) Talk to other boys.
(c) Write letters to Horace.
(d) Spend time away from Bo Jo.
2. What does Louella have one day when she comes to July's door?
(a) A pie.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A baby carriage.
(d) A wrapped gift.
3. How do July's parents treat Bo Jo?
(a) Like he is their own son.
(b) Like he is stupid.
(c) Like he is invisible.
(d) Like he is a criminal.
4. What does July name her son?
5. When Alan visits, how does he act toward Mary Ann?
6. What nickname does Mr. Greher call July after Jonathan dies?
7. How does Bo Jo feel about the Grehers' offer to pay for July's doctor bills?
(a) That the Grehers are meddling.
(b) That the Grehers are up to something.
(c) That the Grehers are generous.
(d) That the Grehers are trying to control him.
8. Why don't Bo Jo and July want to split up?
(a) Because divorce is against their religion.
(b) Because they would have to move back in with their parents.
(c) Because they mean a lot to one another.
(d) Because it would please their parents.
9. What does July prepare for Bo Jo before leaving her apartment to see Louella?
(a) A bowl of soup.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A casserole.
(d) A pot roast.
10. Where does July begin to experience pain?
(a) In her legs.
(b) In her back.
(c) In her belly.
(d) In her head.
11. How is Alan's personality described when he comes to visit Mary Ann?
(a) As polite.
(b) As jolly.
(c) As depressed.
(d) As reserved.
12. How does July describe the feeling of her baby inside her?
(a) Like a warm bubbly feeling.
(b) Like being tickled by a feather.
(c) Like a butterfly's wings.
(d) Like having a constant nervous tummy.
13. When July finds the letter from the football coach, what does she realize?
(a) That Bo Jo still wants to go to college.
(b) That Bo Jo never liked football.
(c) That it put Bo Jo in a bad mood.
(d) That Bo Jo is trying to hide something from her.
14. Who is with Dr. Harvey when he tells July that Jonathan has died?
(a) Grandmother Greher.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) Bo Jo.
(d) A pastor.
15. Following the baby's death, what does July realize the parents want her and Bo Jo to do?
(a) Stay married.
(b) Move back in with the Joneses.
(c) Try to have another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Bo Jo is on the phone with Dr. Harvey?
2. Where has Louella found a singing job?
3. Who throws July a baby shower?
4. Where does July's family's annual picnic take place?
5. How does July think Bo Jo will feel about her parents paying for her medical bills?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)