|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people does Bo Jo not call while July is in distress?
(a) Dr. Harvey.
(c) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Mrs. Greher.
2. What does the person who sends July a letter ask her about?
(a) Her pregnancy.
(b) Her future plans.
(c) Her favorite poets.
(d) Her marriage.
3. Where does July's family's annual picnic take place?
(a) On Mud Island.
(b) On Cain Island.
(c) On Barrie Island.
(d) On Tybee Island.
4. What does July accuse Alice of?
(a) Calling July a nasty name.
(b) Spreading gossip about Bo Jo.
(c) Looking down on July.
(d) Messing around with Bo Jo.
5. What does July name her son?
6. After Alan's visit, what is Louella's mood like when she visits July.
(a) Louella is nervous.
(b) Louella is depressed.
(c) Louella is happy.
(d) Louella is calm.
7. What contributes to Jonathan's greater risk of death?
(a) He has a high fever.
(b) He was delivered prematurely.
(c) The hospital is not equiped to deal with his condition.
(d) His mother is young.
8. What is the name of the doctor July goes to?
(a) Dr. Hilton.
(b) Dr. Harvey.
(c) Dr. Horton.
(d) Dr. Hargraves.
9. Who does July receive a letter from?
(a) The college she hoped to attend.
(b) Her grandmother.
10. When does July feel uncomfortable around Bo Jo?
(a) When either of their families is involved.
(b) When he is around his friends.
(c) When he watches football on television.
(d) When he starts to talk about going to college.
11. Who is with Bo Jo when July returns home from caring for Louella?
(d) Mary Ann.
12. What does Mrs. Greher say she hopes Mrs. Jones has brought to the picnic?
(a) Strawberry shortcake.
(b) Homemade lemonade.
(c) Fried Chicken.
(d) Banana muffins.
13. Where does July see her baby when she awakes?
(a) In a cradle.
(b) In her mother's arms.
(c) In Bo Jo's arms.
(d) In an incubator.
14. What does Bo Jo say July should do instead of meeting with Louella?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Learn to cook.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Sew clothes for the baby.
15. At the picnic, for what reason do the Grehers subtly make fun of the Joneses?
(a) Bringing a lot of stuff with them.
(b) Dressing too casually.
(c) Their beat-up car.
(d) Arriving late.
Short Answer Questions
1. When July finds the letter from the football coach, what does she realize?
2. Where has Louella found a singing job?
3. Who does July have an argument with about Bo Jo's family can attending the picnic?
4. After revealing that she is pregnant, what does Louella ask July?
5. What is inserted into Jonathan's body to help his condition?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)