|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While tending to Gory for a day, why does July feel hurt?
(a) Because Gory treats her cruelly.
(b) Because Gory has been forced to grow up before his time.
(c) Because Gory is seriously injured.
(d) Because Gory says he doesn't love July any more.
2. What is inserted into Jonathan's body to help his condition?
(a) A pin.
(b) An I.V.
(c) A tube.
(d) A pace maker.
3. What nickname does Mr. Greher call July after Jonathan dies?
4. At the picnic, for what reason do the Grehers subtly make fun of the Joneses?
(a) Arriving late.
(b) Their beat-up car.
(c) Bringing a lot of stuff with them.
(d) Dressing too casually.
5. When Mrs. Gerher invites July for dinner, what does her mother criticize Bo Jo for?
(a) His foul language.
(b) His coldness towards the Grehers.
(c) His table manners.
(d) The way he dresses.
6. What does the person who sends July a letter ask her about?
(a) Her future plans.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her favorite poets.
(d) Her pregnancy.
7. Where has Louella found a singing job?
(a) In an opera.
(b) In a Broadway show.
(c) In a nightclub.
(d) At a music school.
8. Where does July's family's annual picnic take place?
(a) On Tybee Island.
(b) On Cain Island.
(c) On Barrie Island.
(d) On Mud Island.
9. How does July think Bo Jo will feel about her parents paying for her medical bills?
10. What happens to the first draft of the response July writes to the letter she receives?
(a) She tears it.
(b) She burns it.
(c) She spills water on it.
(d) She steps on it.
11. Which of the following people does Bo Jo not call while July is in distress?
(b) Mrs. Greher.
(c) Dr. Harvey.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
12. Who is paying for Louella's lodging?
(a) Louella's employer.
(b) A married man she is having an affair with.
(c) Louella's parents.
(d) Louella herself.
13. What does July prepare for Bo Jo before leaving her apartment to see Louella?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A casserole.
(c) A pot roast.
(d) A bowl of soup.
14. Who does July receive a letter from?
(b) The college she hoped to attend.
(d) Her grandmother.
15. When July finds the letter from the football coach, what does she realize?
(a) That Bo Jo never liked football.
(b) That Bo Jo is trying to hide something from her.
(c) That it put Bo Jo in a bad mood.
(d) That Bo Jo still wants to go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louella come to the apartment for the first time?
2. What does July say in the first draft of her response to the letter?
3. Now that she will not be a mother, what do the parents think July should do?
4. What has Louella made an appointment to do when she visits July?
5. What does Mrs. Greher say she hopes Mrs. Jones has brought to the picnic?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)