|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people does Bo Jo not call while July is in distress?
(a) Mrs. Greher.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(d) Dr. Harvey.
2. Who is paying for Louella's lodging?
(a) Louella's employer.
(b) Louella herself.
(c) Louella's parents.
(d) A married man she is having an affair with.
3. What happens while Bo Jo is on the phone with Dr. Harvey?
(a) July's vision goes blurry.
(b) July's head starts to ache.
(c) July hemorrhages.
(d) July faints.
4. Where has July just been when Alice offers her a ride home?
(a) The doctor's office.
(b) The bank.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The post office.
5. Who throws July a baby shower?
(b) Mrs. Greher.
(c) Mary Ann.
(d) Grandmother Greher.
6. After July's seeing the doctor, what state does she find Louella in?
(a) Louella is sleeping.
(b) Louella is nauseous.
(c) Louella is drunk.
(d) Louella is crying.
7. Who does July have an argument with about Bo Jo's family can attending the picnic?
(a) Mrs. Greher.
(d) Bo Jo.
8. Where does July begin to experience pain?
(a) In her belly.
(b) In her back.
(c) In her legs.
(d) In her head.
9. Who does July receive a letter from?
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) The college she hoped to attend.
10. What has Louella made an appointment to do when she visits July?
(a) See the dentist.
(b) Get an abortion.
(c) Go to marriage counseling.
(d) Give her baby up for adoption.
11. How does July describe the feeling of her baby inside her?
(a) Like being tickled by a feather.
(b) Like having a constant nervous tummy.
(c) Like a butterfly's wings.
(d) Like a warm bubbly feeling.
12. Where did Louella go when she ran away?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) New York.
(c) Atlantic City.
13. Whose wedding has July recently attended in the epilogue?
(c) Mary Ann's.
14. Who does Mrs. Gerher arrange for July to see?
(a) The best baby doctor in town.
(b) A psychiatrist.
(c) A college administrator.
(d) A marriage counsellor.
15. Who is with Bo Jo when July returns home from caring for Louella?
(b) Mary Ann.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louella feel after her appointment?
2. After growing closer to Bo Jo, what does July find hard to do?
3. What is July careful not to reveal to Louella when she comes to visit?
4. How long is July in and out of consciousness after her baby is delivered?
5. How is Alan's personality described when he comes to visit Mary Ann?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)