|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does July have to fight back tears on the night before her wedding?
(a) July doesn't want to get married.
(b) July's mother finds out about her pregnancy.
(c) July knows it will never be the same with her siblings again.
(d) July's siblings treat her cruelly.
2. Where do July and Bo Jo have sex for the first time?
(a) In a car.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In July's bedroom.
(d) On a beach.
3. After moving into their apartment, why does Bo Jo tell July he is going out?
(a) To return something to a friend.
(b) To study.
(c) To hang out.
(d) To see a movie.
4. What does Bo Jo buy for July to wear following the ceremony?
(a) A hair clip.
(b) A new ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) An orchid.
5. What lie do July and Bo Jo tell the justice of the peace?
(a) That they have their parents' permission.
(b) That July is not pregnant.
(c) That they are underage.
(d) That they had never been married before.
6. What does the note say that Bo Jo slips July in study hall?
(a) That he has gotten a baseball scholarship.
(b) That he has gotten a soccer scholarship.
(c) That he has gotten a hockey scholarship.
(d) That he has gotten a football scholarship.
7. After moving into their apartment, what does July do when Bo Jo doesn't ask her to go out with him?
(a) Breaks a plate.
(b) Slaps him in the face.
(c) Calls her mother.
(d) Slams the door in his face.
8. Why does July want Bo Jo to get a job?
(a) To pay for July's medical bills.
(b) So they can afford their own place.
(c) Because she knows he won't go to college.
(d) So she can show her parents that Bo Jo is responsible.
9. How does Mr. Jones greet Bo Jo and July when they arrive at Bo Jo's house to stay?
10. After telling him about the pregnancy, what does July accuse Bo Jo of?
(a) Thinking the baby isn't his.
(b) Wanting to leave her.
(c) Thinking that July is lying.
(d) Getting her pregnant on purpose.
11. While arguing, what does Bo Jo say he and July need to start doing?
(a) Saving money.
(b) Acting like normal teenagers.
(c) Eating better food.
(d) Sleeping separately.
12. What did Louella give up for marriage?
(a) Her dream of becoming a stewardess.
(b) Her dream of becoming a surgeon.
(c) Her dream of becoming a veterinarian.
(d) Her dream of becoming a Broadway star.
13. What do July and her siblings do together on the night before July's wedding?
(a) They make cookies.
(b) They play board games.
(c) They go bowling.
(d) They watch a movie.
14. Why do Bo Jo and July stay in a hotel room after telling July's parents of her marriage?
(a) Bo Jo and July want some time alone together.
(b) July does not feel comfortable in her own home.
(c) Bo Jo's parents have kicked him out.
(d) July's parents have kicked her out.
15. What does July do in the bathroom at The Reef?
(a) July cries.
(b) July changes her clothes.
(c) July yells at Alice.
(d) July throws up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood at the wedding ceremony?
2. How does Mrs. Jones greet Bo Jo and July when they arrive at Bo Jo's house to stay?
3. How is the justice of the peace described?
4. Why do July and Bo Jo sleep at Bo Jo's parents' house on their second night as newlyweds?
5. What kind of night is it at The Reef?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)