|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Mr. and Mrs. Gerher give the newlyweds as a housewarming gift?
(a) A bedroom suite.
(b) A television.
(c) A VCR.
(d) A set of pots and pans.
2. After telling him about the pregnancy, what does July accuse Bo Jo of?
(a) Thinking the baby isn't his.
(b) Getting her pregnant on purpose.
(c) Thinking that July is lying.
(d) Wanting to leave her.
3. Why does Bo Jo turn down July's father's offer?
(a) Bo Jo wants to finish high school.
(b) Bo Jo wants July to get a job instead.
(c) Bo Jo doesn't want Mr. Greher's help.
(d) Bo Jo wants to find something that will pay better.
4. What accusation does Mrs. Jones make against July's mother?
(a) Trying to keep her son out of college.
(b) Making disparaging remarks about Bo Jo.
(c) Being sinful.
(d) Encouraging her daughter to get pregnant.
5. What is the mood at the wedding ceremony?
6. What is Mr. Jones angered to see Bo Jo wearing?
(a) His letterman jacket.
(b) A shirt Mrs. Greher bought for him.
(c) His banker's outfit.
(d) A shirt which says "World's Best Dad."
7. Why does July's mother insist on a proper marriage ceremony?
(a) Because otherwise she thinks the marriage is doomed.
(b) To show off to the neighbors.
(c) Because it will be fun.
(d) To save face.
8. After arguing with Bo Jo, what happens to July in the bathroom?
(a) She falls asleep in the bath.
(b) She gets sick.
(c) She feels dizzy.
(d) She cries.
9. What does the plaque that Mrs. Jones gives to the newlyweds say?
(a) "God Bless This Home."
(b) "Bless This Mess."
(c) "Home Sweet Home."
(d) "The Joneses."
10. How is the justice of the peace described?
(a) As a little old man.
(b) As serious looking man.
(c) As a kindly gentleman.
(d) As a refined middle-aged woman.
11. After July moves in with the Bo Jo's family, who refuses to attend their wedding ceremony?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Greher.
(c) Mrs. Greher.
(d) Mrs. Jones.
12. Who is Horace Clark?
(a) July's cousin.
(b) Mary Ann's boyfriend.
(c) Bo Jo's friend.
(d) A nephew of July's neighbor.
13. How does Mrs. Jones greet Bo Jo and July when they arrive at Bo Jo's house to stay?
14. Where is Bo Jo and July's marriage announced?
(a) On the radio.
(b) In the newspaper.
(c) In the school paper.
(d) In the Jones' family newsletter.
15. Why is July recounting the story of her teen marriage?
(a) For the benefit of other teen couples.
(b) To tell her children about it.
(c) To stop people from making the same mistakes.
(d) In order to make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does July get to a town fifty miles away?
2. How does Mr. Jones greet Bo Jo and July when they arrive at Bo Jo's house to stay?
3. What does July's grandmother give to her after the wedding ceremony?
4. What does Louella's husband do?
5. What does Mrs. Jones teach July before she and Bo Jo move into their own apartment?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)