|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does July's mother insist on a proper marriage ceremony?
(a) To save face.
(b) Because otherwise she thinks the marriage is doomed.
(c) Because it will be fun.
(d) To show off to the neighbors.
2. What is not written on the gift July is given after her wedding?
(b) Eternal vigilance.
3. What do Bo Jo and July argue about when Bo Jo comes back for lunch?
(a) About when they should go to the doctor.
(b) About whether to go to the movies.
(c) About Bo Jo flirting with other girls.
(d) About what groceries to buy.
4. How much does July's father offer to pay Bo Jo for working for him?
(a) Twenty-five dollars a week.
(b) One hundred dollars a week.
(c) One hundred and fifty dollars a week.
(d) Fifty dollars a week.
5. What do July and Bo Jo discuss after having sex?
(a) Whether they should break up.
(b) Whether they should go on a trip together.
(c) Whether they should meet each other's parents.
(d) Whether they should get married.
6. How does July feel when she sees her grandmother at her wedding ceremony?
7. What does the note say that Bo Jo slips July in study hall?
(a) That he has gotten a soccer scholarship.
(b) That he has gotten a baseball scholarship.
(c) That he has gotten a football scholarship.
(d) That he has gotten a hockey scholarship.
8. What does Bo Jo think of abortion?
(a) He doesn't know what it is.
(b) He thinks it's only a last resort option.
(c) He thinks it's a good option.
(d) He thinks it is not morally right.
9. After moving into their apartment, where does Bo Jo say he is going?
(a) To a coffee shop.
(b) To the beach.
(c) To the school.
(d) To the library.
10. What does Bo Jo not dare do while staying with July at his parents' house?
(a) Look his father in the eye.
(b) Mention anything about the baby.
(c) Give July a kiss.
(d) Share a room with July.
11. What does Louella's husband do?
(a) He is a garbage collector.
(b) He is a gas station attendant.
(c) He is a piano teacher.
(d) He is a horse breeder.
12. Who sings at The Reef?
(d) Bo Jo.
13. Where does July tell her family she is going on the day of her wedding?
(a) To a fair.
(b) On a day-long picnic.
(c) Shopping with her friends.
(d) On a school field trip.
14. What do Bo Jo, his parents, and July talk about at dinner after July moves in with them?
(c) The wedding the next day.
15. What do July and her siblings do together on the night before July's wedding?
(a) They play board games.
(b) They make cookies.
(c) They watch a movie.
(d) They go bowling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do July, Bo Jo, and their two old friends return to the apartment to drink?
2. What does July's grandmother give to her after the wedding ceremony?
3. Why is July recounting the story of her teen marriage?
4. Why do July's parents tell her to limit her time with Bo Jo?
5. After moving into their apartment, what does July do when Bo Jo doesn't ask her to go out with him?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)