|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Louella's husband?
2. Who is Horace Clark?
(a) Mary Ann's boyfriend.
(b) Bo Jo's friend.
(c) A nephew of July's neighbor.
(d) July's cousin.
3. After July moves in with the Bo Jo's family, who refuses to attend their wedding ceremony?
(a) Mrs. Greher.
(b) Mrs. Jones.
(c) Mr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Greher.
4. Who comes with Charlie to visit the newlyweds' apartment?
(d) Mary Ann.
5. What ring does July use to get married?
(a) The one from the five and dime store.
(b) A friendship ring Mary Ann had given her.
(c) Her grandmother's engagement ring.
(d) A ring from a cereal box.
6. Where do July and Bo Jo have sex for the first time?
(a) In July's bedroom.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) On a beach.
(d) In a car.
7. After hearing of the pregnancy, what does July's mother want to do with the baby?
(a) Put it up for adoption.
(b) Abort it.
(c) Name it after her grandmother.
(d) Raise it as her own child.
8. Where does Louella invite July to go?
(a) For ice cream.
(b) For tea.
(c) To a movie.
(d) For a drive.
9. What does July buy from a five and dime store that is fifty miles from her home?
(a) A bandaid.
(b) A pair of stockings.
(c) A chocolate bar.
(d) A fake wedding ring.
10. What do Bo Jo and July do three days after July tells Bo Jo of the pregnancy?
(a) They go to get July an abortion.
(b) They go to get married.
(c) They go to visit an adoption agency.
(d) They go to a school dance.
11. After July tells him of the pregnancy, how does Bo Jo assure?
(a) He says the best option is to give the baby up for adoption.
(b) He says the baby can't be his.
(c) He says he will stand by her.
(d) He says he will never be involved with the baby's life.
12. Why is July recounting the story of her teen marriage?
(a) In order to make money.
(b) To stop people from making the same mistakes.
(c) For the benefit of other teen couples.
(d) To tell her children about it.
13. Why does July want Bo Jo to get a job?
(a) So she can show her parents that Bo Jo is responsible.
(b) Because she knows he won't go to college.
(c) To pay for July's medical bills.
(d) So they can afford their own place.
14. On the way home from the wedding ceremony, what place does Bo Jo stop to call his parents?
(a) From a truck stop.
(b) From a hospital.
(c) From a gas station.
(d) From a grocery store.
15. What does July do in the bathroom at The Reef?
(a) July cries.
(b) July yells at Alice.
(c) July throws up.
(d) July changes her clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bo Jo go while July spends time with Horace?
2. Who is July's best friend?
3. What do Mr. and Mrs. Gerher give the newlyweds as a housewarming gift?
4. What do Bo Jo, his parents, and July talk about at dinner after July moves in with them?
5. What is July's brother's name?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)