|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is John obsessed with at the beginning of Chapter2?
2. How does Kate respond to John's question?
3. Where does Walter offer to take Kate?
4. What usually doesn't last for John?
5. What is John's uncle's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does John live?
2. What important question does John ask Kate in this chapter?
3. Does John have anything in common with his mother?
4. Who has Kate started seeing to help with her depression?
5. What does John suffer from?
6. What does Kate decide to do about her therapist?
7. What does Sharon try to establish about the trip?
8. What does Kate reveal to John about her happiest day?
9. Where do the two decide to go once at the Gulf Coast and why is John surprised when they arrive?
10. Who does John feel that he has fallen in love with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1. Compare Harold's wife to a typical Southern housewife. How do their actions and behaviors differ from one another?
2. Why is Kate so put out by Harold's wife?
3. Because Kate constantly looks to find her freedom from New Orleans society, is it interesting that Kate is shocked by Harold's wife's actions?
Essay Topic 2
While the women in John's life obviously make demands of him, the men seem to impose little on John. What is the deeper connection between John and the following characters:
- John's father
Essay Topic 3
1. John and Lonnie have a special way of communicating with one another that no one else understands. How do the two brothers communicate with one another?
2. How do movies play apart in the relationship that the brothers share? Explain why Lonnie might to relate to movies the way John does.
3. Why is death a focus in their relationship?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)