|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John introduce Kate as at the end of the chapter?
(a) His friend.
(b) His fiancee.
(c) His love.
(d) His cousin.
2. How do the members of Aunt Emily's family react to the news about Kate?
(a) They never say what they mean.
(b) They act within the guidelines of society's restrictions.
(c) They are very rude.
(d) They are polite Southerners.
3. What relationship does Sharon have with John?
(a) They have no relationship.
(b) She has affairs with him.
(c) She has remained his secretary.
(d) She quits working for him.
4. What kind of outlook did Lonnie have?
(a) A kind soul.
(b) Smooth player.
(c) A habitual disposition.
(d) Very cranky.
5. Why is the day Aunt Emily yells at John special?
(a) It is Lonnie's brithday.
(b) It is the anniversary of her break-up.
(c) It is the day his father died.
(d) It is his birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Uncle Jules die?
2. What do the two characters have at the end of the chapter?
3. What does John ask Kate to ride at the end of the book?
4. What do prescription drugs do for Kate?
5. What does being in New Orleans do to Kate's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kate so happy in Chicago?
2. How does John treat Kate?
3. What has happened since John last saw Kate?
4. Who does John decide to call after he is done speaking with his aunt on the phone?
5. Does John enjoy seeing Harold?
6. What is Kate's test after Lonnie dies?
7. What does John introduce Kate as at the end of his chapter?
8. Has John completely abandoned his search?
9. Who has died in John's family?
10. How does John feel about his family at the end of the book?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)