|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will John go to appease his aunt?
(a) Medical school.
(c) Joins the Army.
(d) Law school.
2. What does John assure his siblings of upon Lonnie's death?
(a) John will take care of all of them.
(b) That he is water-skiing in heaven.
(c) Lonnie is rotting in hell.
(d) Lonnie is not really dead.
3. Why does Kate enjoy Chicago?
(a) She is in a city where no one knows her.
(b) It is a bigger city than New Orleans.
(c) She knows people there.
(d) It has nice weather.
4. Who does Aunt Emily call after Kate takes pills?
(b) Uncle Jules.
(c) Dr Minx.
5. Why does John see everyone as dead?
(a) He wishes he could die.
(b) HIs family dies in a car accident.
(c) Because Kate is dead.
(d) Everyone is leading a prescribed life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the couple go back to Louisiana?
2. What nickname is John called by his friend?
3. What does John introduce Kate as at the end of the chapter?
4. What relationship does Sharon have with John?
5. How many men have proposed to Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Kate in this section?
2. What does Kate think the worst that can happen to John is?
3. What does John ask Kate to deliver for him?
4. What does Aunt Emily ask of John?
5. How does Kate react to the test?
6. How does John feel about his family at the end of the book?
7. How does John treat Kate?
8. What does the reader learn about Aunt Emily?
9. Who has died in John's family?
10. What ruins the trip?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)