|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John seem to hate about New Orleans?
(b) The hot weather.
(c) The society.
(d) Mardi Gras.
2. How does the family act at dinner?
(a) They seem very abnormal.
(b) They try to act as if everything is normal.
(c) They act panicked.
3. Who has also asked Kate to marry him?
4. What settles once Kate leaves?
5. What has John missed?
(a) His talks with Lonnie.
(b) HIs special time with Kate.
(c) An opportunity to explain himself.
(d) His closeness with his aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kate so angry with John?
2. What makes the couple go back to Louisiana?
3. Who makes a large purchase from John?
4. Does John ever get a chance to stand up to Aunt Emily?
5. What does Kate deliver to John's business associates?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John flirt with Joyce?
2. What is Kate's test after Lonnie dies?
3. What has happened since John last saw Kate?
4. How does John feel about his family at the end of the book?
5. What ruins the trip?
6. Who does John decide to call after he is done speaking with his aunt on the phone?
7. What does Kate think the worst that can happen to John is?
8. Why does Kate want to go to Chicago with John?
9. How does the epilogue begin?
10. Who is waiting for John when he arrives at Aunt Emily's house?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)