|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Uncle Jules die?
(a) Ash Wednesday.
(b) Black Friday.
(c) On Mardi Gras.
2. What does Kate feel about the request?
(c) Agitated and scared.
3. Who does John call instead of Kate?
(b) Aunt Emily.
4. What does being in New Orleans do to Kate's life?
(a) Makes her free.
(b) Traps her.
(c) Confines her to a life where things are specifically expected of her.
(d) Causes her to worry too much.
5. What does John ask Kate to ride at the end of the book?
(a) An airplane.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) A bike.
(d) The streetcar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Kate think she can change?
2. Why does John flirt with Joyce?
3. How does John respond?
4. What does John introduce Kate as at the end of the chapter?
5. Why is Kate leaving John?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kate so happy in Chicago?
2. Who does John decide to call after he is done speaking with his aunt on the phone?
3. What does John introduce Kate as at the end of his chapter?
4. Why is Aunt Emily upset with John at the beginning of the chapter?
5. Why is Kate so angry with John?
6. What does John ask Kate to deliver for him?
7. What does Aunt Emily ask of John?
8. Who has died in John's family?
9. What does the reader learn about Kate in this section?
10. How does John feel about his family at the end of the book?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)