|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the family act at dinner?
(a) They seem very abnormal.
(c) They try to act as if everything is normal.
(d) They act panicked.
2. What is Kate scared of?
(a) Going crazy.
(b) Being alone.
(c) Not having freedom.
(d) Fitting into society.
3. What does Lonnie conquer in death?
(b) He finds peace.
(c) His jealously of Duval's death.
(d) He is cloaked in despair.
4. What does Kate wish for for John?
(a) He love her.
(b) That he has a unique life.
(c) He stand up to Aunt Emily.
(d) He request an annullment.
5. What don't Kate and John discuss?
(a) Their upcoming marriage.
(b) She knows him well, but does not love him.
(d) Aunt Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John assure his siblings of upon Lonnie's death?
2. How does the novel end?
3. Do John and Kate marry?
4. What does John realize about his search for the meaning of his life?
5. What has John missed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does John think everyone is dead?
2. Does John enjoy seeing Harold?
3. What has happened since John last saw Kate?
4. Who has died in John's family?
5. What does Aunt Emily ask of John?
6. Why does Kate want to go to Chicago with John?
7. How does the novel end?
8. Who is waiting for John when he arrives at Aunt Emily's house?
9. What is Kate's test after Lonnie dies?
10. What does John reveal to Aunt Emily?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)