|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John go into the office early at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) To finish up some work.
(b) To quit his job.
(c) To do some illegal activities.
(d) To make an investment in Aerican Motors.
2. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
(a) She is playing hard to get.
(b) Because she needs to meet her boyfreind.
(c) She feels guilty about meeting John's family.
(d) Her roommate is spying on her.
3. What does John conceal from Sharon?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he is stalking her.
(c) That he has a girlfiend.
(d) The novel he is reading.
4. What community of people does John relate to?
(c) Jewish people.
5. What kind of relationship do John and Kate seem to have?
(a) A complicated, but open relationship.
(b) She secretely loves him.
(c) They hardly speak.
(d) John loathes Kate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ails John's brother, Lonnie?
2. What does John declare to Sharon?
3. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
4. What does John understand about the plight of this group?
5. Who is John closest to in his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes clear about John and Kate's relationship?
2. What is John nervous about on the car ride to the Golf Coast?
3. What does John do in order to escape from his life?
4. The novel opens with John receiving some bad news. What is it?
5. What important decision does John make that turns out to be a good idea?
6. Where does John invite Kate to go with him? What is her response?
7. What occurs on the ride to the Gulf Coast?
8. Where does John ask Sharon to go with him?
9. Who does John run into after lunch with his aunt?
10. What does John suffer from?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)