|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate doubt?
(a) That she will marry Walter.
(b) That John will find a woman to marry.
(c) That her mother will leave her personal life alone.
(d) That Mardi Gars will be fun.
2. What do Kate and John have in common?
(a) Their middle nanes.
(b) Their outlook on life.
(c) Their hair color.
(d) Their birth cities.
3. How did Lyell die?
(a) In a trolley accident.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) He was mugged.
(d) In a fire.
4. Why does John like Mrs. Schexnaydre?
(a) She gives him food.
(b) She flirts with John.
(c) She expects nothing from John.
(d) She hits on him a lot.
5. What is John's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle Jacob.
(b) Uncle Jules.
(c) Uncle James.
(d) Uncle Jimmy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does feeling "better" mean to Kate?
2. What important question does John ask Kate?
3. Where does John talk Sharon into going?
4. What body part is in pain after the accident?
5. Why does Harold love John?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lonnie fasting?
2. Does Kate understand John's quest?
3. What does John begin to plan on his way back to the office?
4. What does John do in order to escape from his life?
5. What does Sharon try to establish about the trip?
6. What is John nervous about on the car ride to the Golf Coast?
7. Where does John live?
8. The novel opens with John receiving some bad news. What is it?
9. What is revealed about John's family in this chapter?
10. What does John suffer from?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)