|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lyell die?
(a) In a fire.
(b) He was mugged.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In a trolley accident.
2. Where will John have to go on business?
(a) New York City.
(b) Gulf Coast.
3. Why are Lonnie and John jealous of Duval?
(a) He went on a nice vacation.
(b) He got to die.
(c) Their parents love Duval the most.
(d) Duval is very hansome.
4. Why is everyone concerned about Kate?
(a) She is staying out late.
(b) She has not been herself lately.
(c) They have found whiskey bottles.
(d) She is hanging around the wrong crowd.
5. What is clear about Sharon?
(a) She is very smart.
(b) She will not be like other girls from John's past.
(c) She wants to marry a rich New Orleans man.
(d) She is after John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sharon's roommate's name?
2. What does John listen to as he falls asleep?
3. Why is Lonnie in a hunger strike?
4. Who did John like to be when he was a child?
5. What members of the family does John seem to best communicate with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Aunt Emily so upset about Kate, her stepdaughter?
2. What is revealed about John's family in this chapter?
3. What does John suffer from?
4. What does Kate decide to do about her therapist?
5. What does John begin to plan on his way back to the office?
6. Where does John invite Kate to go with him? What is her response?
7. How does John feel about Walter, Kate's fiance?
8. Where does John live?
9. Who does John run into after lunch with his aunt?
10. What important question does John ask Kate in this chapter?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)