|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Kate dressed for dinner?
(a) Like she is going to a funeral.
(b) Very casually.
(c) She looks awful.
(d) She is very dressed up and looks amazing.
2. What settles once Kate leaves?
3. How does the family act at dinner?
(a) They try to act as if everything is normal.
(b) They act panicked.
(d) They seem very abnormal.
4. How is this ironic?
(a) For so long, Kate said she wanted freedom.
(b) John wants nothing to do with Kate.
(c) Kate longs to be controlled.
(d) John wishes to control no one.
5. Where is the streetcar located?
(a) Magazine St.
(c) Gentility St.
(d) St. Charles.
6. Where will John go to appease his aunt?
(a) Medical school.
(b) Joins the Army.
(c) Law school.
7. What has John missed?
(a) His closeness with his aunt.
(b) An opportunity to explain himself.
(c) His talks with Lonnie.
(d) HIs special time with Kate.
8. Why does Kate think marriage is a bad idea?
(a) They don't know each other enough.
(b) She does not love John.
(c) She thinks she will want a divorce.
(d) They know each other too well.
9. What does Kate wish for for John?
(a) That he has a unique life.
(b) He request an annullment.
(c) He love her.
(d) He stand up to Aunt Emily.
10. Why does Kate enjoy Chicago?
(a) It is a bigger city than New Orleans.
(b) She knows people there.
(c) It has nice weather.
(d) She is in a city where no one knows her.
11. Who is reluctant to talk about anything religious?
(d) John's entire family.
12. What does John give Kate in this chapter?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A ring.
(c) The freedom that she thinks she wants.
13. Do John and Kate marry?
(c) As the novel ends they are only engaged.
(d) John marries Sharon.
14. To John, what has settled everywhere after John's showdown with Aunt Emily?
15. What does John assure his siblings of upon Lonnie's death?
(a) John will take care of all of them.
(b) That he is water-skiing in heaven.
(c) Lonnie is not really dead.
(d) Lonnie is rotting in hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does John ever get a chance to stand up to Aunt Emily?
2. How does Aunt Emily feel about John at the end of the chapter?
3. Why is Kate so angry with John?
4. In their life together, how does John help Kate?
5. How many men have proposed to Kate?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)