|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
(a) Her roommate is spying on her.
(b) She is playing hard to get.
(c) She feels guilty about meeting John's family.
(d) Because she needs to meet her boyfreind.
2. When John sees Sharon at the office, what does he realize?
(a) He wants to quit his job.
(b) He misses Kate.
(c) He realizes he is no longer in love with Sharon.
(d) He still loves Sharon.
3. About whom is John's aunt concerned?
4. What do John's siblings spend the rest of the afternoon doing?
(b) water skiing.
(d) playing baseball.
5. What time in her life did Kate feel the most freedom?
(a) Right after her first fiancee died.
(b) Spending time with her friends.
(c) Spending time with John.
(d) When she goes skiing.
6. Why does John frequently go to the movies?
(a) His girlfriend loves movies.
(b) He goes to escape life.
(c) He very much enoys the movies.
(d) John directs movies and needs creativity.
7. Why is Lonnie in a hunger strike?
(a) He wants to lose weight.
(b) He wants to die.
(c) He thinks it will help him feel better about the deat of Duval.
(d) He wishes to gain a lot of weight.
8. What does John's mother say about John?
(a) "You are so much like Lonnie."
(b) "You are so like your father and yet so different."
(c) "You are so like your aunt."
(d) "You are nothing like your father."
9. What does John declare to Sharon?
(a) That he likes Kate.
(b) He misses his Aunt Emily.
(c) He has issues with his mother.
(d) His undying love for Sharon.
10. What is Sharon's roommate's name?
11. What usually doesn't last for John?
(d) Good opportunities
12. What does feeling "better" mean to Kate?
(a) Being happy.
(b) Going dancing.
(c) It feels like she is not on the brink of abyss.
(d) Having a good meal.
13. Why type of psychological problem does Kate have?
(a) She is severely depressed.
(b) She has severe mood swings.
(c) She has a split personality.
(d) She lies and does not realize it.
14. What indicates a close relationship between John and his aunt?
(a) Their daily text messages.
(b) Their letters and visits.
(c) The secrets she tells John
(d) Their daily phone calls.
15. What is Kate fighting against?
(a) Being old and alone.
(b) Becoming a stereotypical woman of society.
(c) Getting married.
(d) People who do not accept society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's mother unhappy about?
2. To whom is Kate now engaged?
3. Why is it interesting that Sharon and John keep the books they are reading a secret from one another?
4. What is special about the way Lonnie and John communicate?
5. When John sees his family is already at the camp, how does he feel?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)