|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indicates a close relationship between John and his aunt?
(a) The secrets she tells John
(b) Their daily phone calls.
(c) Their daily text messages.
(d) Their letters and visits.
2. Why does John go into the office early at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) To make an investment in Aerican Motors.
(b) To do some illegal activities.
(c) To quit his job.
(d) To finish up some work.
3. Why is Lonnie in a hunger strike?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He thinks it will help him feel better about the deat of Duval.
(c) He wishes to gain a lot of weight.
(d) He wants to lose weight.
4. Where does the family go the following morning?
(a) To play basketball.
(c) The family goes to Catholic mass.
(d) Do artwork.
5. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
(a) It is easygoing, but she does not understand him.
(b) He does not have a mother.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) He is a "mama's boy."
6. What do John's siblings spend the rest of the afternoon doing?
(b) playing baseball.
(c) water skiing.
7. What does Sharon think of John's attentions?
(a) She should not reciprocate.
(b) She loves John.
(c) She does not take him seriously.
(d) She does not want them.
8. What does John decide to undertake on his bus ride to Elysian Fields?
(a) The possibility of a search for meaning.
(b) Getting ice cream with his family.
(c) Getting a new girlfriend.
(d) Going for pasta for dinner.
9. What is the family eating on the trip?
10. What members of the family does John seem to best communicate with?
(a) People who tell him what to do.
(b) The people who seem interested in him.
(c) The outer member of the family.
(d) The ones who encourage him.
11. What does Kate doubt?
(a) That Mardi Gars will be fun.
(b) That John will find a woman to marry.
(c) That she will marry Walter.
(d) That her mother will leave her personal life alone.
12. What time does John wake up?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 12:00 p.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
13. What happens on the car ride?
(a) They have a fight.
(b) They get a long really well.
(c) They stop and eat at a fancy resturant.
(d) They get in a car accident.
14. Why does John frequently go to the movies?
(a) He goes to escape life.
(b) John directs movies and needs creativity.
(c) His girlfriend loves movies.
(d) He very much enoys the movies.
15. Why type of psychological problem does Kate have?
(a) She has severe mood swings.
(b) She has a split personality.
(c) She is severely depressed.
(d) She lies and does not realize it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John like Mrs. Schexnaydre?
2. From whom does John receive a letter?
3. Where does John suggest they go after swimming?
4. What kind of relationship do John and Kate seem to have?
5. What does Kate think about his problems?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)