|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important question does John ask Kate?
(a) He asks her to marry him.
(b) To go get some coffee.
(c) To marry Walter.
(d) To have an affair with him.
2. What ails John's brother, Lonnie?
(a) He is very depressed.
(b) He is disabled.
(c) He is autistic.
(d) He is mean.
3. What time does John wake up?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 12:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
4. What does John listen to as he falls asleep?
(a) His neighbors fighting.
(b) This I Believe - a radio show.
(c) His favorite songs.
(d) An audiobook.
5. What is Walter too busy with to attend to Kate?
(a) A Mardi Gras ball.
(b) HIs work.
(c) Jazz fest preperations.
(d) The wedding.
6. Why is the meeting going to be serious?
(a) John usually meets with this person on Wednesdays.
(b) John usually meets with this person on Tuesdays.
(c) John usually meets with this person on Fridays.
(d) John usually meets with this person on Sundays.
7. What usually doesn't last for John?
(b) Good opportunities
8. How did Lyell die?
(a) He was mugged.
(b) In a fire.
(c) In a trolley accident.
(d) In a car accident.
9. What concerns John on the drive?
(a) That malaise will overtake them.
(b) She will not like him.
(c) They will have nothing to talk about.
(d) He will like her too much.
10. Why type of psychological problem does Kate have?
(a) She is severely depressed.
(b) She has severe mood swings.
(c) She lies and does not realize it.
(d) She has a split personality.
11. Why does Kate ask John to marry him?
(a) He figures that Kate will not hurt them.
(b) John wants to save Kate.
(c) He is very much in love with Kate.
(d) John is attracted to Kate.
12. What does feeling "better" mean to Kate?
(a) Having a good meal.
(b) It feels like she is not on the brink of abyss.
(c) Going dancing.
(d) Being happy.
13. Who did John like to be when he was a child?
14. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) He does not have a mother.
(c) It is easygoing, but she does not understand him.
(d) He is a "mama's boy."
15. What members of the family does John seem to best communicate with?
(a) People who tell him what to do.
(b) The people who seem interested in him.
(c) The outer member of the family.
(d) The ones who encourage him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John understand about the plight of this group?
2. Where does John talk Sharon into going?
3. What is John's mother unhappy about?
4. How does Kate respond to John's question?
5. What does Kate thinks about her therapist?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)