|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harold love John?
(a) John saved Harold's wife's life.
(b) John saved Harold's life.
(c) Because Harold saved John's life.
(d) John is really Harold's son.
2. What is Walter too busy with to attend to Kate?
(a) HIs work.
(b) The wedding.
(c) Jazz fest preperations.
(d) A Mardi Gras ball.
3. What ails John's brother, Lonnie?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He is very depressed.
(c) He is autistic.
(d) He is disabled.
4. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
(a) Her roommate is spying on her.
(b) Because she needs to meet her boyfreind.
(c) She is playing hard to get.
(d) She feels guilty about meeting John's family.
5. What time in her life did Kate feel the most freedom?
(a) Spending time with John.
(b) Spending time with her friends.
(c) Right after her first fiancee died.
(d) When she goes skiing.
6. From whom does John receive a letter?
(a) His mother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister.
(d) His lover.
7. Why is it interesting that Sharon and John keep the books they are reading a secret from one another?
(a) A lot of personal information can be learned about someone by what they read.
(b) John is afraid she will judge him.
(c) John really hates to read.
(d) Sharon really wants to read girlie magazines all day.
8. What does the reader start to understand about John?
(a) His mother loves him.
(b) He is the way he is because of his father.
(c) John is very selfish.
(d) He is too good for Kate.
9. How did Lyell die?
(a) In a fire.
(b) He was mugged.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) In a trolley accident.
10. Where does John talk Sharon into going?
(a) To Florida.
(b) To the Gulf Coast.
(c) To Arizona.
(d) Out of the country.
11. What does Kate think about his problems?
(a) She hates the way John complains.
(b) John has no problems.
(c) That John might be overlooking the most obvious answer to his problems.
(d) That they are not really problems.
12. What is Sharon's roommate's name?
13. What does John declare to Sharon?
(a) He has issues with his mother.
(b) His undying love for Sharon.
(c) He misses his Aunt Emily.
(d) That he likes Kate.
14. Why does Aunt Emily keep such a close eye on John?
(a) She does not want him to become like his father.
(b) She wants John to marry Kate.
(c) She wants John to be just like his father.
(d) She wishes John were her son.
15. What happens on the car ride?
(a) They get in a car accident.
(b) They stop and eat at a fancy resturant.
(c) They get a long really well.
(d) They have a fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. John attributes _ and _ with being a moviegoer.
2. What concerns John on the drive?
3. To whom is Kate now engaged?
4. Where will John have to go on business?
5. What community of people does John relate to?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)