|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What community of people does John relate to?
(b) Jewish people.
2. What is Walter too busy with to attend to Kate?
(a) Jazz fest preperations.
(b) A Mardi Gras ball.
(c) The wedding.
(d) HIs work.
3. What does John think about movies?
(a) He thinks that they are amazing, but get the endings wrong.
(b) Hates when others do not appreciate movies.
(c) He is obsessed with movies.
(d) Wishes he could direct movies.
4. What does the reader start to understand about John?
(a) He is the way he is because of his father.
(b) John is very selfish.
(c) He is too good for Kate.
(d) His mother loves him.
5. What do Kate and John have in common?
(a) Their middle nanes.
(b) Their hair color.
(c) Their birth cities.
(d) Their outlook on life.
6. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
(a) He does not have a mother.
(b) They hate each other.
(c) It is easygoing, but she does not understand him.
(d) He is a "mama's boy."
7. Why does John frequently go to the movies?
(a) His girlfriend loves movies.
(b) John directs movies and needs creativity.
(c) He very much enoys the movies.
(d) He goes to escape life.
8. What ails John's brother, Lonnie?
(a) He is mean.
(b) He is very depressed.
(c) He is autistic.
(d) He is disabled.
9. What does Kate admit to John?
(a) She felt freed when her first fiance died.
(b) She has one the lottery.
(c) She has stollen money.
(d) She is secretely an alcoholic.
10. How does Kate respond to John's question?
(a) She says yes right away.
(b) She asks him another question.
(c) She avoids the question.
(d) She asks what she should do with her life.
11. Why isn't John passionate about the fact that someone saved his life?
(a) He wanted to die.
(b) He wishes that he could have saved himself.
(c) Because he cannot determine what to live for.
(d) He is not passionate about anything.
12. Why does Kate ask John to marry him?
(a) He is very much in love with Kate.
(b) John is attracted to Kate.
(c) He figures that Kate will not hurt them.
(d) John wants to save Kate.
13. What happens on the car ride?
(a) They have a fight.
(b) They get in a car accident.
(c) They get a long really well.
(d) They stop and eat at a fancy resturant.
14. What body part is in pain after the accident?
(a) His knee.
(b) His thigh.
(c) His hand.
(d) His shoulder.
15. When John sees his family is already at the camp, how does he feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of Sharon's job duties?
2. Why does John like to read these sorts of books?
3. What does the reader think about Kate?
4. Where does Walter offer to take Kate?
5. Where does John suggest they go after swimming?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)