Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John go into the office early at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) To make an investment in Aerican Motors.
(b) To quit his job.
(c) To finish up some work.
(d) To do some illegal activities.
2. What time does John wake up?
(a) 12:00 p.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 5:00 a.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
3. Why is it interesting that Sharon and John keep the books they are reading a secret from one another?
(a) John is afraid she will judge him.
(b) John really hates to read.
(c) Sharon really wants to read girlie magazines all day.
(d) A lot of personal information can be learned about someone by what they read.
4. What concerns John on the drive?
(a) They will have nothing to talk about.
(b) She will not like him.
(c) That malaise will overtake them.
(d) He will like her too much.
5. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
(a) He is a "mama's boy."
(b) It is easygoing, but she does not understand him.
(c) They hate each other.
(d) He does not have a mother.
6. Where does the family go the following morning?
(b) Do artwork.
(c) To play basketball.
(d) The family goes to Catholic mass.
7. Why isn't John passionate about the fact that someone saved his life?
(a) He is not passionate about anything.
(b) He wishes that he could have saved himself.
(c) Because he cannot determine what to live for.
(d) He wanted to die.
8. How did Lyell die?
(a) In a trolley accident.
(b) In a fire.
(c) He was mugged.
(d) In a car accident.
9. What time in her life did Kate feel the most freedom?
(a) Spending time with her friends.
(b) When she goes skiing.
(c) Right after her first fiancee died.
(d) Spending time with John.
10. What is Sharon quick to establish before they leave for the trip?
(a) The Jack is her boss.
(b) That she wants to be romantic with John.
(c) She is ready to dabble with trouble.
(d) She is a good girl that does not want to get in trouble.
11. Why does Aunt Emily keep such a close eye on John?
(a) She wants John to marry Kate.
(b) She wishes John were her son.
(c) She wants John to be just like his father.
(d) She does not want him to become like his father.
12. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
(a) She feels guilty about meeting John's family.
(b) Because she needs to meet her boyfreind.
(c) Her roommate is spying on her.
(d) She is playing hard to get.
13. How is Emily related to John?
(a) She is John's sister.
(b) She is not related to him.
(c) She is John's mother's sister.
(d) She is John's father's sister.
14. Why does John frequently go to the movies?
(a) He very much enoys the movies.
(b) John directs movies and needs creativity.
(c) He goes to escape life.
(d) His girlfriend loves movies.
15. Where will John have to go on business?
(a) New York City.
(b) Gulf Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Emily constantly keep her eye on?
2. What is John's uncle's name?
3. What does John conceal from Sharon?
4. What do John's siblings spend the rest of the afternoon doing?
5. What does Sharon think of John's attentions?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)