|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why type of psychological problem does Kate have?
(a) She has severe mood swings.
(b) She lies and does not realize it.
(c) She is severely depressed.
(d) She has a split personality.
2. What community of people does John relate to?
(d) Jewish people.
3. Who is John obsessed with at the beginning of Chapter2?
(a) His pet, Snuffles.
(b) His Aunt Emily.
(c) His mother.
(d) His secretary, Kate
4. Why does John like Mrs. Schexnaydre?
(a) She flirts with John.
(b) She expects nothing from John.
(c) She hits on him a lot.
(d) She gives him food.
5. John attributes _ and _ with being a moviegoer.
(a) malice & loneliness
(b) spirit & drive
(c) exile & injustice
(d) exile & loneliness
6. What does Lonnie understand?
(a) Kate's situation.
(b) John is sad about Duval.
(c) His mother's concerns.
(d) John's search for the meaning of life.
7. What does Sharon think of John's attentions?
(a) She does not take him seriously.
(b) She loves John.
(c) She should not reciprocate.
(d) She does not want them.
8. What do John's siblings spend the rest of the afternoon doing?
(a) playing baseball.
(c) water skiing.
9. What does the reader start to understand about John?
(a) He is the way he is because of his father.
(b) He is too good for Kate.
(c) John is very selfish.
(d) His mother loves him.
10. To whom was Kate, Jack's cousin, once engaged?
(a) Jimmy Mercer.
(b) Lyell Lovell.
(c) Grant Howard.
11. Why does Kate ask John to marry him?
(a) John wants to save Kate.
(b) He is very much in love with Kate.
(c) He figures that Kate will not hurt them.
(d) John is attracted to Kate.
12. What does John declare to Sharon?
(a) He has issues with his mother.
(b) His undying love for Sharon.
(c) He misses his Aunt Emily.
(d) That he likes Kate.
13. To whom is Kate now engaged?
14. About whom is John's aunt concerned?
15. What is Kate fighting against?
(a) Getting married.
(b) People who do not accept society.
(c) Becoming a stereotypical woman of society.
(d) Being old and alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John realize about Sharon's boyfriend?
2. What are some of Sharon's job duties?
3. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
4. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
5. What is the family eating on the trip?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)