|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John longing to find?
(a) A new family.
(b) True Friends.
(c) Love and wine.
(d) Meaning and purpose in his life.
2. What does Sharon hide from John?
(a) The magazine she reads.
(b) The outfit she is wearing.
(c) What she is reading.
(d) Her true thoughts about him.
3. What ails John?
(c) A queasy stomach.
(d) A woman who broke his heart.
4. What is Walter too busy with to attend to Kate?
(a) The wedding.
(b) Jazz fest preperations.
(c) A Mardi Gras ball.
(d) HIs work.
5. What are some of Sharon's job duties?
(a) To run John's life.
(b) To file papers.
(c) To write a book.
(d) To dictate John's letters.
6. Why does John lust after Sharon?
(a) Her normally lusts after women he hardly knows and cannot communicate with.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She flirts with him all the time.
(d) He is a sex addict.
7. To whom is Kate now engaged?
8. What important question does John ask Kate?
(a) To go get some coffee.
(b) To marry Walter.
(c) To have an affair with him.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
9. Why isn't John passionate about the fact that someone saved his life?
(a) He is not passionate about anything.
(b) He wishes that he could have saved himself.
(c) Because he cannot determine what to live for.
(d) He wanted to die.
10. What do John's siblings spend the rest of the afternoon doing?
(a) water skiing.
(b) playing baseball.
11. What is John's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle James.
(b) Uncle Jules.
(c) Uncle Jacob.
(d) Uncle Jimmy.
12. What does Kate think about his problems?
(a) She hates the way John complains.
(b) That John might be overlooking the most obvious answer to his problems.
(c) That they are not really problems.
(d) John has no problems.
13. Why is the meeting going to be serious?
(a) John usually meets with this person on Tuesdays.
(b) John usually meets with this person on Fridays.
(c) John usually meets with this person on Sundays.
(d) John usually meets with this person on Wednesdays.
14. Where does Walter offer to take Kate?
(a) To a show at the theater.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To a Mardi Gras ball.
(d) Out to dinner.
15. What happens on the car ride?
(a) They get in a car accident.
(b) They have a fight.
(c) They get a long really well.
(d) They stop and eat at a fancy resturant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John realize about Sharon's boyfriend?
2. When John sees his family is already at the camp, how does he feel?
3. Why does John frequently go to the movies?
4. What indicates a close relationship between John and his aunt?
5. What does John listen to as he falls asleep?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)