|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time in her life did Kate feel the most freedom?
(a) When she goes skiing.
(b) Spending time with her friends.
(c) Right after her first fiancee died.
(d) Spending time with John.
2. Who is John obsessed with at the beginning of Chapter2?
(a) His Aunt Emily.
(b) His pet, Snuffles.
(c) His secretary, Kate
(d) His mother.
3. What usually doesn't last for John?
(b) Good opportunities
4. What does Kate doubt?
(a) That John will find a woman to marry.
(b) That Mardi Gars will be fun.
(c) That her mother will leave her personal life alone.
(d) That she will marry Walter.
5. What does John decide to undertake on his bus ride to Elysian Fields?
(a) The possibility of a search for meaning.
(b) Getting a new girlfriend.
(c) Getting ice cream with his family.
(d) Going for pasta for dinner.
6. What happens on the car ride?
(a) They have a fight.
(b) They stop and eat at a fancy resturant.
(c) They get a long really well.
(d) They get in a car accident.
7. What does John think about movies?
(a) He thinks that they are amazing, but get the endings wrong.
(b) He is obsessed with movies.
(c) Wishes he could direct movies.
(d) Hates when others do not appreciate movies.
8. Why is Lonnie in a hunger strike?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He wishes to gain a lot of weight.
(c) He wants to lose weight.
(d) He thinks it will help him feel better about the deat of Duval.
9. What is Walter too busy with to attend to Kate?
(a) Jazz fest preperations.
(b) A Mardi Gras ball.
(c) The wedding.
(d) HIs work.
10. What does Aunt Emily want for John?
(a) She wishes he would break up with his girlfreind.
(b) She wants him to get a better job.
(c) She would like him to live with her.
(d) She wants him to find a wife.
11. When John sees Sharon at the office, what does he realize?
(a) He misses Kate.
(b) He realizes he is no longer in love with Sharon.
(c) He still loves Sharon.
(d) He wants to quit his job.
12. What important question does John ask Kate?
(a) To have an affair with him.
(b) He asks her to marry him.
(c) To go get some coffee.
(d) To marry Walter.
13. To whom is Kate now engaged?
14. John attributes _ and _ with being a moviegoer.
(a) malice & loneliness
(b) exile & injustice
(c) exile & loneliness
(d) spirit & drive
15. About whom is John's aunt concerned?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kate think people are "real" with one another?
2. What indicates a close relationship between John and his aunt?
3. What time does John wake up?
4. Where does John live?
5. Who is John closest to in his family?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)