|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John's nickname?
2. Why does John lust after Sharon?
(a) He is a sex addict.
(b) She flirts with him all the time.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) Her normally lusts after women he hardly knows and cannot communicate with.
3. What does Aunt Emily constantly keep her eye on?
(a) Kate's whims.
(b) John's choices.
(c) John's clothes.
(d) John's hair.
4. What does Kate admit to John?
(a) She felt freed when her first fiance died.
(b) She is secretely an alcoholic.
(c) She has one the lottery.
(d) She has stollen money.
5. What does Sharon hide from John?
(a) The outfit she is wearing.
(b) Her true thoughts about him.
(c) The magazine she reads.
(d) What she is reading.
6. Why does John like Mrs. Schexnaydre?
(a) She expects nothing from John.
(b) She hits on him a lot.
(c) She flirts with John.
(d) She gives him food.
7. What is special about the way Lonnie and John communicate?
(a) They communicate beyond words.
(b) They use sign language.
(c) They are psychic.
(d) They speak pig latin.
8. What concerns John on the drive?
(a) They will have nothing to talk about.
(b) He will like her too much.
(c) She will not like him.
(d) That malaise will overtake them.
9. What is John's mother unhappy about?
(a) John's stepfather drinks too much.
(b) John is being mean to his brother.
(c) Lonnie is fasting.
(d) She did not want John to come to the fish house.
10. How did Lyell die?
(a) In a fire.
(b) In a trolley accident.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) He was mugged.
11. About whom is John's aunt concerned?
12. Why does John like to read these sorts of books?
(a) To create a deeper meaning for his life.
(b) To understand the meaning of life.
(c) To see the amount of hate one group has for another.
(d) To see the love people have for others.
13. What does Kate thinks about her therapist?
(a) She is telling Kate's secrets to others.
(b) She is attracted to her.
(c) She does not believe he is truly helping her.
(d) She is very smart.
14. What is Sharon's roommate's name?
15. What does Kate think about his problems?
(a) She hates the way John complains.
(b) That they are not really problems.
(c) John has no problems.
(d) That John might be overlooking the most obvious answer to his problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What usually doesn't last for John?
2. What ails John's brother, Lonnie?
3. What happens on the car ride?
4. Where does the family go the following morning?
5. Who does John find at his house at 3:00 a.m.?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)