|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John sees Sharon at the office, what does he realize?
(a) He wants to quit his job.
(b) He misses Kate.
(c) He realizes he is no longer in love with Sharon.
(d) He still loves Sharon.
2. What does the reader start to understand about John?
(a) He is the way he is because of his father.
(b) His mother loves him.
(c) He is too good for Kate.
(d) John is very selfish.
3. How does Kate respond to John's question?
(a) She asks him another question.
(b) She asks what she should do with her life.
(c) She avoids the question.
(d) She says yes right away.
4. How is Emily related to John?
(a) She is John's mother's sister.
(b) She is John's sister.
(c) She is John's father's sister.
(d) She is not related to him.
5. What does Kate thinks about her therapist?
(a) She is attracted to her.
(b) She is very smart.
(c) She does not believe he is truly helping her.
(d) She is telling Kate's secrets to others.
6. Who is John obsessed with at the beginning of Chapter2?
(a) His Aunt Emily.
(b) His secretary, Kate
(c) His mother.
(d) His pet, Snuffles.
7. What does John think about his mother's family?
(a) He cares for them deeply.
(b) He no longer sees any of them.
(c) He wishes he coul see them more.
(d) He believes they are too religious.
8. What is the family eating on the trip?
9. What is John's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle James.
(b) Uncle Jules.
(c) Uncle Jimmy.
(d) Uncle Jacob.
10. Why are Lonnie and John jealous of Duval?
(a) Their parents love Duval the most.
(b) Duval is very hansome.
(c) He went on a nice vacation.
(d) He got to die.
11. When John sees his family is already at the camp, how does he feel?
12. What does Aunt Emily's letter ask of John?
(a) For him to love her like a mother.
(b) For him to hurry home.
(c) For him to live with dignity and justice.
(d) For him to marry Kate.
13. What community of people does John relate to?
(a) Jewish people.
14. What is Sharon's roommate's name?
15. What does Kate think about his problems?
(a) John has no problems.
(b) That John might be overlooking the most obvious answer to his problems.
(c) That they are not really problems.
(d) She hates the way John complains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John lust after Sharon?
2. Why does John like Mrs. Schexnaydre?
3. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
4. What does John realize about Sharon's boyfriend?
5. What does John think about movies?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)