|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John run into after lunch (at the library)?
(a) His Aunt Emily.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin's wife, Nell Lovell.
(d) His brother, Lonnie.
2. What usually doesn't last for John?
(d) Good opportunities
3. What is Kate fighting against?
(a) Becoming a stereotypical woman of society.
(b) Being old and alone.
(c) People who do not accept society.
(d) Getting married.
4. What does John listen to as he falls asleep?
(a) His favorite songs.
(b) His neighbors fighting.
(c) An audiobook.
(d) This I Believe - a radio show.
5. Where will John have to go on business?
(b) New York City.
(c) Gulf Coast.
6. What is Sharon's roommate's name?
7. Why does John frequently go to the movies?
(a) His girlfriend loves movies.
(b) John directs movies and needs creativity.
(c) He goes to escape life.
(d) He very much enoys the movies.
8. What indicates a close relationship between John and his aunt?
(a) Their daily phone calls.
(b) Their daily text messages.
(c) The secrets she tells John
(d) Their letters and visits.
9. When John sees Sharon at the office, what does he realize?
(a) He misses Kate.
(b) He realizes he is no longer in love with Sharon.
(c) He wants to quit his job.
(d) He still loves Sharon.
10. What does feeling "better" mean to Kate?
(a) Going dancing.
(b) Having a good meal.
(c) It feels like she is not on the brink of abyss.
(d) Being happy.
11. What is clear about Sharon?
(a) She will not be like other girls from John's past.
(b) She wants to marry a rich New Orleans man.
(c) She is very smart.
(d) She is after John.
12. Why does Harold love John?
(a) Because Harold saved John's life.
(b) John is really Harold's son.
(c) John saved Harold's life.
(d) John saved Harold's wife's life.
13. Why are Lonnie and John jealous of Duval?
(a) He went on a nice vacation.
(b) Duval is very hansome.
(c) Their parents love Duval the most.
(d) He got to die.
14. What is special about the way Lonnie and John communicate?
(a) They use sign language.
(b) They are psychic.
(c) They communicate beyond words.
(d) They speak pig latin.
15. When does Kate think people are "real" with one another?
(a) During times of depression.
(b) When they are the most successful.
(c) During illness, disaster, or death.
(d) When they are the nicest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ails John?
2. Why does John lust after Sharon?
3. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
4. Why does John like to read these sorts of books?
5. Where does John suggest they go after swimming?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)