|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it interesting that Sharon and John keep the books they are reading a secret from one another?
(a) John really hates to read.
(b) A lot of personal information can be learned about someone by what they read.
(c) John is afraid she will judge him.
(d) Sharon really wants to read girlie magazines all day.
2. What does John think about movies?
(a) He is obsessed with movies.
(b) Hates when others do not appreciate movies.
(c) He thinks that they are amazing, but get the endings wrong.
(d) Wishes he could direct movies.
3. What does Sharon think of John's attentions?
(a) She loves John.
(b) She should not reciprocate.
(c) She does not want them.
(d) She does not take him seriously.
4. What does Aunt Emily's letter ask of John?
(a) For him to marry Kate.
(b) For him to love her like a mother.
(c) For him to live with dignity and justice.
(d) For him to hurry home.
5. What members of the family does John seem to best communicate with?
(a) The people who seem interested in him.
(b) The outer member of the family.
(c) The ones who encourage him.
(d) People who tell him what to do.
6. What does John understand about the plight of this group?
(a) He thinks they are too privileged.
(b) He cannot commeserate with them.
(c) The acceptance they get from other groups.
(d) The persecution they face.
7. What is John's nickname?
8. Why is Lonnie in a hunger strike?
(a) He wants to die.
(b) He thinks it will help him feel better about the deat of Duval.
(c) He wants to lose weight.
(d) He wishes to gain a lot of weight.
9. What is clear about Sharon?
(a) She wants to marry a rich New Orleans man.
(b) She is after John.
(c) She will not be like other girls from John's past.
(d) She is very smart.
10. What do John's siblings spend the rest of the afternoon doing?
(b) water skiing.
(d) playing baseball.
11. Who did John like to be when he was a child?
12. What does Aunt Emily want for John?
(a) She wants him to find a wife.
(b) She wants him to get a better job.
(c) She would like him to live with her.
(d) She wishes he would break up with his girlfreind.
13. Why is the meeting going to be serious?
(a) John usually meets with this person on Sundays.
(b) John usually meets with this person on Fridays.
(c) John usually meets with this person on Tuesdays.
(d) John usually meets with this person on Wednesdays.
14. What is the family eating on the trip?
15. What does Kate think about his problems?
(a) That John might be overlooking the most obvious answer to his problems.
(b) John has no problems.
(c) That they are not really problems.
(d) She hates the way John complains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns John on the drive?
2. What does the reader think about Kate?
3. Why is everyone concerned about Kate?
4. What does Kate thinks about her therapist?
5. To whom is Kate now engaged?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)