|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lyell die?
(a) In a trolley accident.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) In a fire.
(d) He was mugged.
2. About whom is John's aunt concerned?
3. Why is the meeting going to be serious?
(a) John usually meets with this person on Tuesdays.
(b) John usually meets with this person on Sundays.
(c) John usually meets with this person on Fridays.
(d) John usually meets with this person on Wednesdays.
4. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
(a) She feels guilty about meeting John's family.
(b) Her roommate is spying on her.
(c) Because she needs to meet her boyfreind.
(d) She is playing hard to get.
5. What does John declare to Sharon?
(a) His undying love for Sharon.
(b) He misses his Aunt Emily.
(c) That he likes Kate.
(d) He has issues with his mother.
6. What is John's mother unhappy about?
(a) John's stepfather drinks too much.
(b) John is being mean to his brother.
(c) She did not want John to come to the fish house.
(d) Lonnie is fasting.
7. What does Aunt Emily constantly keep her eye on?
(a) Kate's whims.
(b) John's choices.
(c) John's hair.
(d) John's clothes.
8. Why does John go into the office early at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) To quit his job.
(b) To do some illegal activities.
(c) To make an investment in Aerican Motors.
(d) To finish up some work.
9. What does Kate admit to John?
(a) She has stollen money.
(b) She is secretely an alcoholic.
(c) She has one the lottery.
(d) She felt freed when her first fiance died.
10. What usually doesn't last for John?
(d) Good opportunities
11. What is John's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle James.
(b) Uncle Jimmy.
(c) Uncle Jules.
(d) Uncle Jacob.
12. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
(a) They hate each other.
(b) It is easygoing, but she does not understand him.
(c) He is a "mama's boy."
(d) He does not have a mother.
13. What are some of Sharon's job duties?
(a) To run John's life.
(b) To dictate John's letters.
(c) To write a book.
(d) To file papers.
14. What is clear about Sharon?
(a) She is after John.
(b) She will not be like other girls from John's past.
(c) She wants to marry a rich New Orleans man.
(d) She is very smart.
15. What do Kate and John have in common?
(a) Their hair color.
(b) Their birth cities.
(c) Their middle nanes.
(d) Their outlook on life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns John on the drive?
2. What important question does John ask Kate?
3. Who is John closest to in his family?
4. What is the family eating on the trip?
5. When John sees Sharon at the office, what does he realize?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)