|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Kate now engaged?
2. What ails John's brother, Lonnie?
(a) He is autistic.
(b) He is very depressed.
(c) He is mean.
(d) He is disabled.
3. What ails John?
(a) A woman who broke his heart.
(d) A queasy stomach.
4. What happens on the car ride?
(a) They get a long really well.
(b) They have a fight.
(c) They get in a car accident.
(d) They stop and eat at a fancy resturant.
5. Where does John talk Sharon into going?
(a) To Florida.
(b) Out of the country.
(c) To Arizona.
(d) To the Gulf Coast.
6. What are some of Sharon's job duties?
(a) To write a book.
(b) To file papers.
(c) To dictate John's letters.
(d) To run John's life.
7. Why isn't John passionate about the fact that someone saved his life?
(a) He wishes that he could have saved himself.
(b) He wanted to die.
(c) Because he cannot determine what to live for.
(d) He is not passionate about anything.
8. What concerns John on the drive?
(a) They will have nothing to talk about.
(b) He will like her too much.
(c) That malaise will overtake them.
(d) She will not like him.
9. To whom was Kate, Jack's cousin, once engaged?
(a) Grant Howard.
(b) Lyell Lovell.
(c) Jimmy Mercer.
10. What time in her life did Kate feel the most freedom?
(a) When she goes skiing.
(b) Spending time with her friends.
(c) Spending time with John.
(d) Right after her first fiancee died.
11. What is Sharon quick to establish before they leave for the trip?
(a) She is a good girl that does not want to get in trouble.
(b) The Jack is her boss.
(c) She is ready to dabble with trouble.
(d) That she wants to be romantic with John.
12. What does John think about movies?
(a) He is obsessed with movies.
(b) Hates when others do not appreciate movies.
(c) Wishes he could direct movies.
(d) He thinks that they are amazing, but get the endings wrong.
13. What does Aunt Emily want for John?
(a) She wants him to get a better job.
(b) She would like him to live with her.
(c) She wants him to find a wife.
(d) She wishes he would break up with his girlfreind.
14. Where does Walter offer to take Kate?
(a) To a Mardi Gras ball.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To a show at the theater.
(d) To the movies.
15. Why does Kate ask John to marry him?
(a) John wants to save Kate.
(b) John is attracted to Kate.
(c) He is very much in love with Kate.
(d) He figures that Kate will not hurt them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is everyone concerned about Kate?
2. What does John like to read at the library?
3. What community of people does John relate to?
4. What does John realize about Sharon's boyfriend?
5. What does John decide to undertake on his bus ride to Elysian Fields?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)