|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is John obsessed with at the beginning of Chapter2?
(a) His secretary, Kate
(b) His pet, Snuffles.
(c) His Aunt Emily.
(d) His mother.
2. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
(a) He does not have a mother.
(b) It is easygoing, but she does not understand him.
(c) He is a "mama's boy."
(d) They hate each other.
3. Where does the family go the following morning?
(a) The family goes to Catholic mass.
(b) To play basketball.
(c) Do artwork.
4. Why is everyone concerned about Kate?
(a) She is staying out late.
(b) She has not been herself lately.
(c) She is hanging around the wrong crowd.
(d) They have found whiskey bottles.
5. When does Kate think people are "real" with one another?
(a) When they are the nicest.
(b) During illness, disaster, or death.
(c) When they are the most successful.
(d) During times of depression.
6. Who does John run into after lunch (at the library)?
(a) His brother, Lonnie.
(b) His Aunt Emily.
(c) His cousin's wife, Nell Lovell.
(d) His mother.
7. What is Kate fighting against?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Becoming a stereotypical woman of society.
(c) People who do not accept society.
(d) Being old and alone.
8. What kind of relationship do John and Kate seem to have?
(a) John loathes Kate.
(b) They hardly speak.
(c) She secretely loves him.
(d) A complicated, but open relationship.
9. What does John realize about Sharon's boyfriend?
(a) John is attracted to him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He could be friends with him.
(d) He is not that attractive.
10. What ails John's brother, Lonnie?
(a) He is very depressed.
(b) He is autistic.
(c) He is mean.
(d) He is disabled.
11. Where does John talk Sharon into going?
(a) To the Gulf Coast.
(b) Out of the country.
(c) To Arizona.
(d) To Florida.
12. What usually doesn't last for John?
(d) Good opportunities
13. What body part is in pain after the accident?
(a) His hand.
(b) His thigh.
(c) His knee.
(d) His shoulder.
14. Why does John like to read these sorts of books?
(a) To see the love people have for others.
(b) To see the amount of hate one group has for another.
(c) To create a deeper meaning for his life.
(d) To understand the meaning of life.
15. Who did John like to be when he was a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Harold love John?
2. What ails John?
3. What are some of Sharon's job duties?
4. What is John longing to find?
5. To whom is Kate now engaged?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)