|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John run into after lunch (at the library)?
(a) His brother, Lonnie.
(b) His cousin's wife, Nell Lovell.
(c) His Aunt Emily.
(d) His mother.
2. What does Aunt Emily want for John?
(a) She wants him to get a better job.
(b) She wishes he would break up with his girlfreind.
(c) She would like him to live with her.
(d) She wants him to find a wife.
3. When does Kate think people are "real" with one another?
(a) When they are the nicest.
(b) During times of depression.
(c) During illness, disaster, or death.
(d) When they are the most successful.
4. What is John's nickname?
5. What is Sharon's roommate's name?
6. What concerns John on the drive?
(a) He will like her too much.
(b) They will have nothing to talk about.
(c) She will not like him.
(d) That malaise will overtake them.
7. When John sees Sharon at the office, what does he realize?
(a) He still loves Sharon.
(b) He wants to quit his job.
(c) He misses Kate.
(d) He realizes he is no longer in love with Sharon.
8. Who does John find at his house at 3:00 a.m.?
(c) Aunt Emily.
9. Why does Kate ask John to marry him?
(a) John wants to save Kate.
(b) He is very much in love with Kate.
(c) John is attracted to Kate.
(d) He figures that Kate will not hurt them.
10. Why is the meeting going to be serious?
(a) John usually meets with this person on Tuesdays.
(b) John usually meets with this person on Wednesdays.
(c) John usually meets with this person on Fridays.
(d) John usually meets with this person on Sundays.
11. What happens on the car ride?
(a) They get a long really well.
(b) They stop and eat at a fancy resturant.
(c) They get in a car accident.
(d) They have a fight.
12. What is John's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle Jules.
(b) Uncle Jacob.
(c) Uncle Jimmy.
(d) Uncle James.
13. What does Aunt Emily constantly keep her eye on?
(a) Kate's whims.
(b) John's hair.
(c) John's choices.
(d) John's clothes.
14. How does Kate respond to John's question?
(a) She says yes right away.
(b) She asks him another question.
(c) She asks what she should do with her life.
(d) She avoids the question.
15. Why is it interesting that Sharon and John keep the books they are reading a secret from one another?
(a) John really hates to read.
(b) Sharon really wants to read girlie magazines all day.
(c) A lot of personal information can be learned about someone by what they read.
(d) John is afraid she will judge him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John declare to Sharon?
2. What does feeling "better" mean to Kate?
3. What important question does John ask Kate?
4. What does Kate thinks about her therapist?
5. What is clear about Sharon?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)