|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonnie understand?
(a) John's search for the meaning of life.
(b) Kate's situation.
(c) His mother's concerns.
(d) John is sad about Duval.
2. What does John like to read at the library?
(b) Romance novels.
(c) Extreme political periodicals.
(d) The classics.
3. What does Aunt Emily constantly keep her eye on?
(a) Kate's whims.
(b) John's choices.
(c) John's hair.
(d) John's clothes.
4. What community of people does John relate to?
(d) Jewish people.
5. How does Kate respond to John's question?
(a) She avoids the question.
(b) She says yes right away.
(c) She asks him another question.
(d) She asks what she should do with her life.
6. Where does Walter offer to take Kate?
(a) To a Mardi Gras ball.
(b) To a show at the theater.
(c) To the movies.
(d) Out to dinner.
7. Why does Harold love John?
(a) Because Harold saved John's life.
(b) John saved Harold's life.
(c) John saved Harold's wife's life.
(d) John is really Harold's son.
8. What do Kate and John have in common?
(a) Their birth cities.
(b) Their hair color.
(c) Their outlook on life.
(d) Their middle nanes.
9. What does John listen to as he falls asleep?
(a) This I Believe - a radio show.
(b) An audiobook.
(c) His neighbors fighting.
(d) His favorite songs.
10. Why does John like Mrs. Schexnaydre?
(a) She expects nothing from John.
(b) She flirts with John.
(c) She gives him food.
(d) She hits on him a lot.
11. What does Sharon hide from John?
(a) The magazine she reads.
(b) What she is reading.
(c) The outfit she is wearing.
(d) Her true thoughts about him.
12. What ails John?
(a) A queasy stomach.
(c) A woman who broke his heart.
13. What is John's nickname?
14. Where does John talk Sharon into going?
(a) To Florida.
(b) To Arizona.
(c) To the Gulf Coast.
(d) Out of the country.
15. What time in her life did Kate feel the most freedom?
(a) Spending time with her friends.
(b) When she goes skiing.
(c) Spending time with John.
(d) Right after her first fiancee died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did John like to be when he was a child?
2. What does Kate doubt?
3. John attributes _ and _ with being a moviegoer.
4. What important question does John ask Kate?
5. Where does John live?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)