|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why type of psychological problem does Kate have?
(a) She is severely depressed.
(b) She has a split personality.
(c) She lies and does not realize it.
(d) She has severe mood swings.
2. When does Kate think people are "real" with one another?
(a) During times of depression.
(b) When they are the most successful.
(c) During illness, disaster, or death.
(d) When they are the nicest.
3. What community of people does John relate to?
(a) Jewish people.
4. Why does Aunt Emily keep such a close eye on John?
(a) She does not want him to become like his father.
(b) She wishes John were her son.
(c) She wants John to be just like his father.
(d) She wants John to marry Kate.
5. Where does John talk Sharon into going?
(a) To Arizona.
(b) To Florida.
(c) Out of the country.
(d) To the Gulf Coast.
6. What body part is in pain after the accident?
(a) His thigh.
(b) His knee.
(c) His hand.
(d) His shoulder.
7. What does Kate admit to John?
(a) She has stollen money.
(b) She is secretely an alcoholic.
(c) She felt freed when her first fiance died.
(d) She has one the lottery.
8. How is Emily related to John?
(a) She is John's mother's sister.
(b) She is John's father's sister.
(c) She is John's sister.
(d) She is not related to him.
9. What does John think about movies?
(a) Hates when others do not appreciate movies.
(b) He is obsessed with movies.
(c) Wishes he could direct movies.
(d) He thinks that they are amazing, but get the endings wrong.
10. What ails John's brother, Lonnie?
(a) He is very depressed.
(b) He is mean.
(c) He is autistic.
(d) He is disabled.
11. About whom is John's aunt concerned?
12. Why are Lonnie and John jealous of Duval?
(a) Their parents love Duval the most.
(b) He got to die.
(c) Duval is very hansome.
(d) He went on a nice vacation.
13. To whom is Kate now engaged?
14. Where does the family go the following morning?
(b) The family goes to Catholic mass.
(c) Do artwork.
(d) To play basketball.
15. Why does Sharon hurry from the car?
(a) She feels guilty about meeting John's family.
(b) Her roommate is spying on her.
(c) Because she needs to meet her boyfreind.
(d) She is playing hard to get.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharon hide from John?
2. What do John's siblings spend the rest of the afternoon doing?
3. Why does John like to read these sorts of books?
4. What is John's nickname?
5. Where does John live?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)