|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In their life together, how does John help Kate?
(a) He loves her unconditionally.
(b) John goes to school and makes a lot of money so he can support his wife.
(c) He gives her the freedom she desires
(d) By telling her exactly what to do every day.
2. Where does Walter offer to take Kate?
(a) To a Mardi Gras ball.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To a show at the theater.
3. When does Kate think people are "real" with one another?
(a) When they are the most successful.
(b) During illness, disaster, or death.
(c) During times of depression.
(d) When they are the nicest.
4. Why is the day Aunt Emily yells at John special?
(a) It is Lonnie's brithday.
(b) It is his birthday.
(c) It is the anniversary of her break-up.
(d) It is the day his father died.
5. How does the family act at dinner?
(a) They seem very abnormal.
(b) They try to act as if everything is normal.
(d) They act panicked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John conceal from Sharon?
2. What becomes clearer about John's relationship to his mother?
3. What does John listen to as he falls asleep?
4. Why does Kate enjoy Chicago?
5. When John sees his family is already at the camp, how does he feel?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)