|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kate feel after she had read the book?
(a) She felt like she was coming to the end of her rope.
2. Why is it interesting that Sharon and John keep the books they are reading a secret from one another?
(a) John really hates to read.
(b) John is afraid she will judge him.
(c) A lot of personal information can be learned about someone by what they read.
(d) Sharon really wants to read girlie magazines all day.
3. What is Kate fighting against?
(a) People who do not accept society.
(b) Being old and alone.
(c) Becoming a stereotypical woman of society.
(d) Getting married.
4. What does Kate doubt?
(a) That her mother will leave her personal life alone.
(b) That John will find a woman to marry.
(c) That she will marry Walter.
(d) That Mardi Gars will be fun.
5. How did Lyell die?
(a) In a trolley accident.
(b) In a fire.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) He was mugged.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kate think that Harold's wife is strange?
2. How does Sam make John feel?
3. What does Aunt Emily think of her family?
4. What don't Kate and John discuss?
5. What is Walter too busy with to attend to Kate?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)