|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John flirt with?
2. Why is it appropriate that John and Kate don't sit down to dinner?
(a) No one wants them to come to dinner.
(b) They are not true members of society.
(c) They are being ignored by everyone.
(d) They want to break the rules.
3. What does John understand about the plight of this group?
(a) The persecution they face.
(b) He thinks they are too privileged.
(c) He cannot commeserate with them.
(d) The acceptance they get from other groups.
4. To whom was Kate, Jack's cousin, once engaged?
(a) Jimmy Mercer.
(c) Lyell Lovell.
(d) Grant Howard.
5. Why does John see everyone as dead?
(a) He wishes he could die.
(b) HIs family dies in a car accident.
(c) Everyone is leading a prescribed life.
(d) Because Kate is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate think is the worst thing that can happen?
2. What is John's uncle's name?
3. Why are Lonnie and John jealous of Duval?
4. Why is Aunt Emily mad at John?
5. What does John decide to undertake on his bus ride to Elysian Fields?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)