|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sam make John feel?
(a) Sam makes John physically ill.
(b) Sad about his life.
(c) Very successful.
(d) Very happy.
2. Who does John run into after lunch (at the library)?
(a) His mother.
(b) His Aunt Emily.
(c) His cousin's wife, Nell Lovell.
(d) His brother, Lonnie.
3. Who does John visit while in Chicago?
(a) Harold Graebner.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) An ex-girlfreind, Gretchen.
(d) A family member.
4. What is John's uncle's name?
(a) Uncle James.
(b) Uncle Jules.
(c) Uncle Jacob.
(d) Uncle Jimmy.
5. Why is it interesting that Sharon and John keep the books they are reading a secret from one another?
(a) Sharon really wants to read girlie magazines all day.
(b) John really hates to read.
(c) John is afraid she will judge him.
(d) A lot of personal information can be learned about someone by what they read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Emily's letter ask of John?
2. How is Kate dressed for dinner?
3. What does Aunt Emily enjoy giving?
4. Why does Aunt Emily keep such a close eye on John?
5. How many men have proposed to Kate?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)