|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't John passionate about the fact that someone saved his life?
(a) Because he cannot determine what to live for.
(b) He is not passionate about anything.
(c) He wanted to die.
(d) He wishes that he could have saved himself.
2. What do Kate and John have in common?
(a) Their birth cities.
(b) Their hair color.
(c) Their middle nanes.
(d) Their outlook on life.
3. Why is it interesting that Sharon and John keep the books they are reading a secret from one another?
(a) John is afraid she will judge him.
(b) A lot of personal information can be learned about someone by what they read.
(c) John really hates to read.
(d) Sharon really wants to read girlie magazines all day.
4. John attributes _ and _ with being a moviegoer.
(a) exile & loneliness
(b) malice & loneliness
(c) exile & injustice
(d) spirit & drive
5. What does Kate think about his problems?
(a) That they are not really problems.
(b) She hates the way John complains.
(c) That John might be overlooking the most obvious answer to his problems.
(d) John has no problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What usually doesn't last for John?
2. What does being in New Orleans do to Kate's life?
3. Why does Aunt Emily keep such a close eye on John?
4. What is Sharon quick to establish before they leave for the trip?
5. How is Kate dressed for dinner?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)