|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lonnie understand?
(a) Kate's situation.
(b) John is sad about Duval.
(c) His mother's concerns.
(d) John's search for the meaning of life.
2. Why does John like to read these sorts of books?
(a) To understand the meaning of life.
(b) To see the amount of hate one group has for another.
(c) To see the love people have for others.
(d) To create a deeper meaning for his life.
3. What important question does John ask Kate?
(a) To go get some coffee.
(b) To marry Walter.
(c) To have an affair with him.
(d) He asks her to marry him.
4. Why type of psychological problem does Kate have?
(a) She lies and does not realize it.
(b) She is severely depressed.
(c) She has a split personality.
(d) She has severe mood swings.
5. Why does Kate think that Harold's wife is strange?
(a) Harold's wife is very unattractive.
(b) She is of a different social class than Kate.
(c) She does not perform the typical housewife duties that other Southern women do.
(d) She is old and mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are some of Sharon's job duties?
2. What is Walter too busy with to attend to Kate?
3. What is special about the way Lonnie and John communicate?
4. Who did John like to be when he was a child?
5. Why is Lonnie in a hunger strike?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)