|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sharon hide from John?
(a) What she is reading.
(b) The magazine she reads.
(c) Her true thoughts about him.
(d) The outfit she is wearing.
2. What is special about the way Lonnie and John communicate?
(a) They use sign language.
(b) They are psychic.
(c) They speak pig latin.
(d) They communicate beyond words.
3. What does Aunt Emily's letter ask of John?
(a) For him to hurry home.
(b) For him to marry Kate.
(c) For him to love her like a mother.
(d) For him to live with dignity and justice.
4. How is Emily related to John?
(a) She is not related to him.
(b) She is John's father's sister.
(c) She is John's mother's sister.
(d) She is John's sister.
5. What does Kate doubt?
(a) That John will find a woman to marry.
(b) That Mardi Gars will be fun.
(c) That she will marry Walter.
(d) That her mother will leave her personal life alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reader think about Kate?
2. How did Lyell die?
3. Why is Lonnie in a hunger strike?
4. What happens on the car ride?
5. What community of people does John relate to?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)