|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Aunt Emily want to pass the family heritage on to?
(a) The women of the family.
(b) The men of the family.
(c) Anyone who is interested.
(d) No one, because everyone disappoints her.
2. What does John give up?
(a) His home.
(b) His search for the meaning of life.
(c) His quest for love.
(d) His search for a good job.
3. What members of the family does John seem to best communicate with?
(a) The people who seem interested in him.
(b) The outer member of the family.
(c) The ones who encourage him.
(d) People who tell him what to do.
4. What is Kate scared of?
(a) Being alone.
(b) Fitting into society.
(c) Going crazy.
(d) Not having freedom.
5. What is special about the way Lonnie and John communicate?
(a) They communicate beyond words.
(b) They are psychic.
(c) They use sign language.
(d) They speak pig latin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate think about his problems?
2. Why does Aunt Emily keep such a close eye on John?
3. Why does John go into the office early at the beginning of Chapter 2?
4. What comes from abandoning hope?
5. Why does Kate ask John to marry him?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)