|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Boyle was in which town when she made her reservations at Monkswell Manor?
2. Miss Casewell says she has no use for which profession?
3. With whom does Mollie collide on the staircase?
4. What is the condition of the roads?
5. What is Major Metcalf doing at the beginning of the scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is never revealed what happened to Detective Sergeant Trotter's skis. Where were the skis put for safekeeping after Trotter arrived? Who noticed that the skis were missing? Who does Mollie suggest may have used them? Who you do think took the skis? Where might the skis have been hidden?
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Paravicini ended up at Monkswell Manor after his Rolls Royce overturned in a snowdrift. Where was Paravicini going? What is the reason for the trip? What is Trotter's opinion of Paravicini's explanation? Do you agree or disagree with Trotter's opinion of Paravicini and his activities?
Essay Topic 3
Mollie and Mrs. Boyle were both involved in the Corrigan case. Compare and contrast the two women, their personalities, and their roles in the case of Longridge Farm. Which character is more appealing to you, and why?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)