|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Miss Casewell used to describe herself?
2. What legal document did Giles procure?
3. What does Mollie promised to cook later in the day?
4. According to Mrs. Boyle England has:
5. Mrs. Boyle was in which town when she made her reservations at Monkswell Manor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The tune to "Three Blind Mice" is used throughout the story. What references are connected to the tune? Why is the tune so upsetting to Mollie? Why is it so well liked by Paravicini and Wren? What is your opinion of the tune? Of the rhyme? Is the tune/rhyme appropriate for the play?
Essay Topic 2
There are various metaphors used throughout the play. Explain the metaphors and their purpose for the following items: skis, pie, nursery rhymes, snow, secrecy.
Essay Topic 3
From the start, Giles Ralston and Christopher Wren clash. Explain why the two men do not get along. Is the animosity mutual? What might have caused it? Compare and contrast Giles and Wren.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)