|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was written on the piece of paper found with Mrs. Lyon?
2. Which town did Major Metcalf's correspondence come from?
3. What is Mollie carrying down the stairs?
4. Mrs. Boyle refers to Miss Casewell as a:
5. With whom does Mollie collide on the staircase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning of the story, Christopher Wren is viewed as a strange and neurotic man. Explain Wren's appearance and the mannerisms which cause the others to think Wren is unstable. Is Wren unstable? How can one tell? Which is the strangest fact about Wren in your opinion? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Mollie and Mrs. Boyle were both involved in the Corrigan case. Compare and contrast the two women, their personalities, and their roles in the case of Longridge Farm. Which character is more appealing to you, and why?
Essay Topic 3
From the start, Giles Ralston and Christopher Wren clash. Explain why the two men do not get along. Is the animosity mutual? What might have caused it? Compare and contrast Giles and Wren.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)