|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is briefly assumed that Miss Casewell practices what profession?
2. Mrs. Boyle objects to which item of Wren's clothing?
3. Wren is credited with building what famous landmark?
4. What color does Miss Casewell used to describe herself?
5. What game does Mrs. Boyle want to play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christopher Wren is obsessed with nursery rhymes. What is the obsession? What is Wren's explanation of why he enjoys nursery rhymes? Which is Wren's favorite? Which is your favorite? "Three Blind Mice" is rumored to be about what famous execution? Who was responsible for the execution?
Essay Topic 2
There are various metaphors used throughout the play. Explain the metaphors and their purpose for the following items: skis, pie, nursery rhymes, snow, secrecy.
Essay Topic 3
It is easy for Trotter to place doubts in Mollie's head regarding the identity of the killer. Why? What does Trotter say that upsets Mollie? Who does Mollie suspect? Why? Is Trotter's style of interrogation the same for everyone? Do the others react like Mollie? Explain.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)