|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Boyle was in which town when she made her reservations at Monkswell Manor?
2. On the radio the announcer is speaking about which emotion?
3. What is Mrs. Boyle doing at the beginning of the scene?
4. What is supposedly wrong with the oldest child?
5. What was not on the breakfast menu?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is easy for Trotter to place doubts in Mollie's head regarding the identity of the killer. Why? What does Trotter say that upsets Mollie? Who does Mollie suspect? Why? Is Trotter's style of interrogation the same for everyone? Do the others react like Mollie? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Miss Casewell is very mysterious about her whereabouts and her origin. Explain. Where was Miss Casewell born? Where had she been living prior to her return to England? What is Miss Casewell's true identity? Why is Miss Casewell at Monkswell Manor?
Essay Topic 3
The tune to "Three Blind Mice" is used throughout the story. What references are connected to the tune? Why is the tune so upsetting to Mollie? Why is it so well liked by Paravicini and Wren? What is your opinion of the tune? Of the rhyme? Is the tune/rhyme appropriate for the play?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)