Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which town did Major Metcalf's correspondence come from?
2. According to Mrs. Boyle England has:
3. According to Major Metcalf, which animal would be delighted?
4. What color does Miss Casewell used to describe herself?
5. What term does Mrs. Boyle use regarding Wren's reputation?
Essay Topic 1
There are various metaphors used throughout the play. Explain the metaphors and their purpose for the following items: skis, pie, nursery rhymes, snow, secrecy.
Essay Topic 2
From the beginning of the story, Christopher Wren is viewed as a strange and neurotic man. Explain Wren's appearance and the mannerisms which cause the others to think Wren is unstable. Is Wren unstable? How can one tell? Which is the strangest fact about Wren in your opinion? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Mollie and Giles Ralston do not employ staff at Monkswell Manor, a fact that thoroughly annoys Mrs. Boyle. Does anyone work for the Ralstons? If so, who? If not, why haven't the Ralstons hired anyone? Who handles the maintenance of the house? Who is the cook? Who is the cleaner?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)