|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not done by Mollie when she enters the house?
2. Where is Christopher left by himself?
3. Who notices the issue with the sign?
4. What kind of hat does the murderer wear?
5. Who makes rude comments about Christopher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the argument over the radio?
2. What is the content of the conversation between Mrs. Boyle and Major Metcalf?
3. Why was Mollie chosen as the third victim? Was Mollie at fault? What was Mollie's role in the Corrigan case?
4. What item did Giles go looking for at the dump? What hindered the search?
5. It is revealed that Major Metcalf is also using an alias. Who is Metcalf really? Where is the real Major Metcalf? Is there a real Major Metcalf?
6. How was the third murder prevented? How did Trotter react to his ruined plans?
7. What complaint does Giles have when a new shipment of coke is delivered?
8. Why is Christopher Wren so upset when it is suggested that he might be the oldest Corrigan child? What is Wren's confession to Mollie?
9. How does Major Metcalf respond when Mrs. Boyle complains about the accommodations?
10. What warning is issued to the radio listeners?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is easy for Trotter to place doubts in Mollie's head regarding the identity of the killer. Why? What does Trotter say that upsets Mollie? Who does Mollie suspect? Why? Is Trotter's style of interrogation the same for everyone? Do the others react like Mollie? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Mr. Paravicini warns Mollie that she is too trusting and needs to be more careful. Why does Paravicini say that to Mollie? To what is Paravicini referring? What examples does Paravicini give? Do you agree or disagree with Paravicini's comments and suggestions? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Mollie and Giles Ralston do not employ staff at Monkswell Manor, a fact that thoroughly annoys Mrs. Boyle. Does anyone work for the Ralstons? If so, who? If not, why haven't the Ralstons hired anyone? Who handles the maintenance of the house? Who is the cook? Who is the cleaner?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)