|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who cooks lunch for the group?
2. What piece of furniture seems to be the most used on the set?
3. Christopher says that he always finds policemen to be:
4. How much are the guests paying to stay at the house?
5. What song is being whistled in the beginning of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the third murder prevented? How did Trotter react to his ruined plans?
2. What do the Ralstons and other guests find unusual about Miss Casewell?
3. What are the names of the guests and their corresponding room assignments?
4. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
5. What complaint does Giles have when a new shipment of coke is delivered?
6. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
7. Why does Mrs. Boyle claim that Mollie knows nothing about housework?
8. How does the group learn about the murder? Where did the murder take place?
9. Why did Georgie Corrigan assume the role of a police officer? Why not simply visit Monkswell Manor and kill Mrs. Boyle and Mollie?
10. Why does Mrs. Boyle choose to stay in guest houses and hotels?
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning of the story, Christopher Wren is viewed as a strange and neurotic man. Explain Wren's appearance and the mannerisms which cause the others to think Wren is unstable. Is Wren unstable? How can one tell? Which is the strangest fact about Wren in your opinion? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There are several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Name at least one instance pertaining to each character in the play. Explain the significance of the method in regards to the character as well as the story.
Essay Topic 3
What are the names of the rooms at Monkswell Manor? What is the purpose of naming the rooms? What famous buildings have unusual names? Is it a practical or cultural thing to name rooms? What would you name your own room at Monkswell Manor? Explain.
This section contains 1,469 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)