Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not done by Mollie when she enters the house?
2. How is Mr. Parvicini's car damaged?
3. Who notices the issue with the sign?
4. Giles asks Mollie for what kind of tool?
5. What piece of furniture seems to be the most used on the set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
2. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
3. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
4. What are the two main concerns of Giles and Mollie regarding the central heating in the house?
5. Mollie spots the sign Giles had made for the guest house. What is wrong with the sign?
6. What warning does Mollie receive from Mr. Paravicini? How does Mollie react?
7. Christopher Wren says the weather reminds him of a particular author and piece of literature. What are they?
8. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
9. What do the Ralstons and other guests find unusual about Miss Casewell?
10. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
Essay Topic 1
What are the names of the rooms at Monkswell Manor? What is the purpose of naming the rooms? What famous buildings have unusual names? Is it a practical or cultural thing to name rooms? What would you name your own room at Monkswell Manor? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Everyone at Monkswell Manor is surprised when Detective Sergeant Trotter arrives on skis. What is Trotter's explanation? Why does everyone find it odd? Does anyone attempt to confirm Trotter's story? How would you react in the same scenario? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
It is easy for Trotter to place doubts in Mollie's head regarding the identity of the killer. Why? What does Trotter say that upsets Mollie? Who does Mollie suspect? Why? Is Trotter's style of interrogation the same for everyone? Do the others react like Mollie? Explain.
This section contains 1,510 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)