|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mollie asks Mrs. Boyle about her former job as a:
2. What is Christopher's profession?
3. Who is the first character to appear?
4. How was the victim murdered?
5. What occurrence is reported on the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
2. The snow reminds Miss Casewell of disturbing things. Describe Miss Casewell's thoughts.
3. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
4. How was the third murder prevented? How did Trotter react to his ruined plans?
5. Why was Mollie chosen as the third victim? Was Mollie at fault? What was Mollie's role in the Corrigan case?
6. What does Mollie intends to serve for dinner? What is Giles' response to the menu?
7. What are the only clues the police have in the case of the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon?
8. What is the purpose of reenacting the scene just before Mrs. Boyle was killed? Would it make more sense to reenact the crime? Explain.
9. What causes the argument over the radio?
10. Mollie makes frequent references to an unhappy past even though she claims to have had a happy childhood. To what is Mollie referring and how does it relate to the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the beginning, Mrs. Boyle is argumentative and unpleasant. Why? Is there an underlying purpose to the woman's behavior? If so, what is it? What could be done to make Mrs. Boyle more comfortable and satisfied with Monkswell Manor? How does Mollie view Mrs. Boyle? What do the guests think of Mrs. Boyle?
Essay Topic 2
It is never revealed what happened to Detective Sergeant Trotter's skis. Where were the skis put for safekeeping after Trotter arrived? Who noticed that the skis were missing? Who does Mollie suggest may have used them? Who you do think took the skis? Where might the skis have been hidden?
Essay Topic 3
When police discover the body of Maureen Lyon there is no way to know that the body would be connected to such a convoluted tale. What is the true identity of Mrs. Lyon? Why is Mrs. Lyon connected to Monkswell Manor? How do the police uncover the connection? What can be done about the ties between Monkswell Manor and the victim?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)