Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not done by Mollie when she enters the house?
2. How is Mr. Parvicini's car damaged?
3. Who notices the issue with the sign?
4. Giles asks Mollie for what kind of tool?
5. What piece of furniture seems to be the most used on the set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
2. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
3. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
4. What are the two main concerns of Giles and Mollie regarding the central heating in the house?
5. Mollie spots the sign Giles had made for the guest house. What is wrong with the sign?
6. What warning does Mollie receive from Mr. Paravicini? How does Mollie react?
7. Christopher Wren says the weather reminds him of a particular author and piece of literature. What are they?
8. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
9. What do the Ralstons and other guests find unusual about Miss Casewell?
10. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
Essay Topic 1
Mr. Paravicini warns Mollie that she is too trusting and needs to be more careful. Why does Paravicini say that to Mollie? To what is Paravicini referring? What examples does Paravicini give? Do you agree or disagree with Paravicini's comments and suggestions? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the story, Georgie is caught before Mollie is killed. What might have happened if Metcalf and the others had come in a minute or two later? How is Georgie handled? Who takes Georgie from the room? What might happen to Georgie regarding the murder of Mrs. Boyle? Do you think Mollie would press charges? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
From the beginning of the story, Christopher Wren is viewed as a strange and neurotic man. Explain Wren's appearance and the mannerisms which cause the others to think Wren is unstable. Is Wren unstable? How can one tell? Which is the strangest fact about Wren in your opinion? Explain.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)