Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not done by Mollie when she enters the house?
2. How is Mr. Parvicini's car damaged?
3. Who notices the issue with the sign?
4. Giles asks Mollie for what kind of tool?
5. What piece of furniture seems to be the most used on the set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
2. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
3. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
4. What are the two main concerns of Giles and Mollie regarding the central heating in the house?
5. Mollie spots the sign Giles had made for the guest house. What is wrong with the sign?
6. What warning does Mollie receive from Mr. Paravicini? How does Mollie react?
7. Christopher Wren says the weather reminds him of a particular author and piece of literature. What are they?
8. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
9. What do the Ralstons and other guests find unusual about Miss Casewell?
10. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
Mr. Paravicini ended up at Monkswell Manor after his Rolls Royce overturned in a snowdrift. Where was Paravicini going? What is the reason for the trip? What is Trotter's opinion of Paravicini's explanation? Do you agree or disagree with Trotter's opinion of Paravicini and his activities?
Christopher Wren is obsessed with nursery rhymes. What is the obsession? What is Wren's explanation of why he enjoys nursery rhymes? Which is Wren's favorite? Which is your favorite? "Three Blind Mice" is rumored to be about what famous execution? Who was responsible for the execution?
From the start, Giles Ralston and Christopher Wren clash. Explain why the two men do not get along. Is the animosity mutual? What might have caused it? Compare and contrast Giles and Wren.
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)