|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the surname of Mollie and Giles?
2. Who complains about the music being too loud?
3. Giles is afraid that they will run out of what item?
4. What piece of furniture seems to be the most used on the set?
5. On what street did the murder occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts the conversation about socialism?
2. What warning does Mollie receive from Mr. Paravicini? How does Mollie react?
3. Mollie tells Mrs. Boyle about Christopher Wren's profession. What does Mollie say and how does Mrs. Boyle react?
4. Why was Mollie chosen as the third victim? Was Mollie at fault? What was Mollie's role in the Corrigan case?
5. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
6. How does Detective Sergeant Trotter manage to defeat the problems caused by the weather?
7. What complaint does Giles have when a new shipment of coke is delivered?
8. What are the two main concerns of Giles and Mollie regarding the central heating in the house?
9. What is Wren's opinion on Englishwomen and compliments?
10. What are the only clues the police have in the case of the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon?
Essay Topic 1
Christopher Wren is obsessed with nursery rhymes. What is the obsession? What is Wren's explanation of why he enjoys nursery rhymes? Which is Wren's favorite? Which is your favorite? "Three Blind Mice" is rumored to be about what famous execution? Who was responsible for the execution?
Essay Topic 2
There are several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Name at least one instance pertaining to each character in the play. Explain the significance of the method in regards to the character as well as the story.
Essay Topic 3
When police discover the body of Maureen Lyon there is no way to know that the body would be connected to such a convoluted tale. What is the true identity of Mrs. Lyon? Why is Mrs. Lyon connected to Monkswell Manor? How do the police uncover the connection? What can be done about the ties between Monkswell Manor and the victim?
This section contains 1,527 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)