|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the death of one of the children?
2. What item does Mollie carry down the hallway?
3. What poem does Christopher recite?
4. What was the victim's real last name?
5. Who complains about the music being too loud?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Metcalf so eager to go down into the cellar? What does Metcalf find down there? What are Metcalf's theories regarding the name of the house?
2. What complaints does Mrs. Boyle have about the house?
3. How does the group learn about the murder? Where did the murder take place?
4. What causes the argument over the radio?
5. What prompts the conversation about socialism?
6. What are the names of the guests and their corresponding room assignments?
7. Why is Detective Sergeant Trotter discouraged from going to Monkswell Manor?
8. Mollie tells Mrs. Boyle about Christopher Wren's profession. What does Mollie say and how does Mrs. Boyle react?
9. Why does Giles accuse Mollie of having an affair with Christopher Wren? How does Mollie react?
10. The snow reminds Miss Casewell of disturbing things. Describe Miss Casewell's thoughts.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
From the start, Giles Ralston and Christopher Wren clash. Explain why the two men do not get along. Is the animosity mutual? What might have caused it? Compare and contrast Giles and Wren.
Essay Topic 2
It had been approximately nine years since the Longridge Farm case was tried. Explain Mrs. Boyle's role in the case. What happened to the foster parents? If it had been less than ten years since the children last saw each other, why didn't Kathy and Georgie recognize one another? What prompted the recognition?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Paravicini ended up at Monkswell Manor after his Rolls Royce overturned in a snowdrift. Where was Paravicini going? What is the reason for the trip? What is Trotter's opinion of Paravicini's explanation? Do you agree or disagree with Trotter's opinion of Paravicini and his activities?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)