|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
2. Who discovers that the phone is dead?
3. What item does Mollie carry down the hallway?
4. Who makes rude comments about Christopher?
5. In which room is Mrs. Boyle placed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the third murder prevented? How did Trotter react to his ruined plans?
2. What is the real reason Miss Casewell returned to England, and more specifically, Monkswell Manor?
3. How does Major Metcalf respond when Mrs. Boyle complains about the accommodations?
4. Miss Caswell makes a joke about the reason the police want to visit the manor. What is it?
5. What complaints does Mrs. Boyle have about the house?
6. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
7. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
8. Mollie and Giles want to surprise each other with gifts for their first anniversary. What are the gifts? What are the couple's reactions?
9. What does Mollie intends to serve for dinner? What is Giles' response to the menu?
10. What is the first issue brought up by Mrs. Boyle? How does Giles reply to the complaint?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The tune to "Three Blind Mice" is used throughout the story. What references are connected to the tune? Why is the tune so upsetting to Mollie? Why is it so well liked by Paravicini and Wren? What is your opinion of the tune? Of the rhyme? Is the tune/rhyme appropriate for the play?
Essay Topic 2
From the start, Giles Ralston and Christopher Wren clash. Explain why the two men do not get along. Is the animosity mutual? What might have caused it? Compare and contrast Giles and Wren.
Essay Topic 3
It had been approximately nine years since the Longridge Farm case was tried. Explain Mrs. Boyle's role in the case. What happened to the foster parents? If it had been less than ten years since the children last saw each other, why didn't Kathy and Georgie recognize one another? What prompted the recognition?
This section contains 1,466 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)