|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Christopher left by himself?
2. What is Christopher's profession?
3. Mollie laments that it is getting dark, even though it's what time?
4. What was the first name of the murdered woman?
5. Who is the first character to appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
2. Why was Mollie chosen as the third victim? Was Mollie at fault? What was Mollie's role in the Corrigan case?
3. What are the names of the guests and their corresponding room assignments?
4. What is the real reason Miss Casewell returned to England, and more specifically, Monkswell Manor?
5. What is the first issue brought up by Mrs. Boyle? How does Giles reply to the complaint?
6. What was the reason Mrs. Boyle was murdered? Was the killing justified? What could have been done to stop the crime?
7. Mollie makes frequent references to an unhappy past even though she claims to have had a happy childhood. To what is Mollie referring and how does it relate to the story?
8. What are the two main concerns of Giles and Mollie regarding the central heating in the house?
9. How does Major Metcalf respond when Mrs. Boyle complains about the accommodations?
10. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Miss Casewell is very mysterious about her whereabouts and her origin. Explain. Where was Miss Casewell born? Where had she been living prior to her return to England? What is Miss Casewell's true identity? Why is Miss Casewell at Monkswell Manor?
Essay Topic 2
Christopher Wren is obsessed with nursery rhymes. What is the obsession? What is Wren's explanation of why he enjoys nursery rhymes? Which is Wren's favorite? Which is your favorite? "Three Blind Mice" is rumored to be about what famous execution? Who was responsible for the execution?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the story, Georgie is caught before Mollie is killed. What might have happened if Metcalf and the others had come in a minute or two later? How is Georgie handled? Who takes Georgie from the room? What might happen to Georgie regarding the murder of Mrs. Boyle? Do you think Mollie would press charges? Explain.
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)