|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the victim's real last name?
2. Christopher seems to be fixated with:
3. What item does Mollie carry down the hallway?
4. What was the first name of the murdered woman?
5. Mr. Parvicini jokes that he could be, which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. It is revealed that Major Metcalf is also using an alias. Who is Metcalf really? Where is the real Major Metcalf? Is there a real Major Metcalf?
2. What warning does Mollie receive from Mr. Paravicini? How does Mollie react?
3. What is Mrs. Lyon's alleged connection to Monkswell Manor?
4. What nursery rhyme does Wren sing? What is Wren's opinion about nursery rhymes?
5. Who is the unexpected guest? How does the guest arrive at the manor?
6. Christopher Wren tells Mollie that she is not at all what he had pictured. What had Christopher expected of Mollie?
7. Mollie tells Mrs. Boyle about Christopher Wren's profession. What does Mollie say and how does Mrs. Boyle react?
8. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
9. What is Mrs. Lyon's real name? What was the note found with her body?
10. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the story, Georgie is caught before Mollie is killed. What might have happened if Metcalf and the others had come in a minute or two later? How is Georgie handled? Who takes Georgie from the room? What might happen to Georgie regarding the murder of Mrs. Boyle? Do you think Mollie would press charges? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Mollie and Mrs. Boyle were both involved in the Corrigan case. Compare and contrast the two women, their personalities, and their roles in the case of Longridge Farm. Which character is more appealing to you, and why?
Essay Topic 3
What are the names of the rooms at Monkswell Manor? What is the purpose of naming the rooms? What famous buildings have unusual names? Is it a practical or cultural thing to name rooms? What would you name your own room at Monkswell Manor? Explain.
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)