Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Giles is afraid that they will run out of what item?
2. What is wrong with the sign for the house?
3. Mollie laments that it is getting dark, even though it's what time?
4. Christopher says that he always finds policemen to be:
5. On what street did the murder occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaints does Mrs. Boyle have about the house?
2. Mollie makes frequent references to an unhappy past even though she claims to have had a happy childhood. To what is Mollie referring and how does it relate to the story?
3. What was the reason Mrs. Boyle was murdered? Was the killing justified? What could have been done to stop the crime?
4. What is Mrs. Lyon's real name? What was the note found with her body?
5. What complaint does Giles have when a new shipment of coke is delivered?
6. What nursery rhyme does Wren sing? What is Wren's opinion about nursery rhymes?
7. How does Major Metcalf respond when Mrs. Boyle complains about the accommodations?
8. Who is the unexpected guest? How does the guest arrive at the manor?
9. Why does Mrs. Boyle choose to stay in guest houses and hotels?
10. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
What are the names of the rooms at Monkswell Manor? What is the purpose of naming the rooms? What famous buildings have unusual names? Is it a practical or cultural thing to name rooms? What would you name your own room at Monkswell Manor? Explain.
From the beginning of the story, Christopher Wren is viewed as a strange and neurotic man. Explain Wren's appearance and the mannerisms which cause the others to think Wren is unstable. Is Wren unstable? How can one tell? Which is the strangest fact about Wren in your opinion? Explain.
Mollie and Giles Ralston do not employ staff at Monkswell Manor, a fact that thoroughly annoys Mrs. Boyle. Does anyone work for the Ralstons? If so, who? If not, why haven't the Ralstons hired anyone? Who handles the maintenance of the house? Who is the cook? Who is the cleaner?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)