|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christopher seems to be fixated with:
(b) Big band music
(c) Mrs. Boyle
(d) Nursery rhymes
2. Who is the third guest to arrive?
(a) Christopher Wren
(b) Mrs. Boyle
(c) Major Metcalf
(d) Mr. Paravicini
3. Where is Christopher left by himself?
(a) Great hall
(b) Guest cottage
(d) Train station
4. Who discovers that the phone is dead?
(a) Miss Casewell
(b) Major Metcalf
(d) Mrs. Boyle
5. Giles and Mollie live near a:
(a) Country village
(b) Coat factory
(c) Nuclear power plant
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are Giles and Mollie?
2. Who makes rude comments about Christopher?
3. How was the victim murdered?
4. What business are Giles and Mollie trying to establish?
5. Which place is not among those dismissed by Miss Casewell as home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
2. What was the reason Mrs. Boyle was murdered? Was the killing justified? What could have been done to stop the crime?
3. Mollie tells Mrs. Boyle about Christopher Wren's profession. What does Mollie say and how does Mrs. Boyle react?
4. What causes the argument over the radio?
5. What is the purpose of reenacting the scene just before Mrs. Boyle was killed? Would it make more sense to reenact the crime? Explain.
6. Miss Casewell has reasons for her secrecy regarding her background. What are they and why is it imperative to keep it a secret?
7. What is Mrs. Lyon's real name? What was the note found with her body?
8. How does the group learn about the murder? Where did the murder take place?
9. What are Mollie's comments regarding the quality of the guests at the manor?
10. What complaints does Mrs. Boyle have about the house?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)