|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of hat does the murderer wear?
2. What is the name of the farm?
(a) Double R Ranch
(b) Smithson's Orchard
3. What is the name of the old house?
(a) Green Gables
(b) Monkswell Manor
4. What is the last name of the superintendent of the police?
5. The police telephone from what region?
Short Answer Questions
1. Christopher seems to be fixated with:
2. How was the victim murdered?
3. Who is the third guest to arrive?
4. Where is Christopher left by himself?
5. What term is used to describe Christopher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Giles accuse Mollie of having an affair with Christopher Wren? How does Mollie react?
2. What are the only clues the police have in the case of the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon?
3. How does the author end the play? Are there any hidden meanings or metaphors in the ending the author chose?
4. What are Wren's thoughts about policemen?
5. What was the reason Mrs. Boyle was murdered? Was the killing justified? What could have been done to stop the crime?
6. What nursery rhyme does Wren sing? What is Wren's opinion about nursery rhymes?
7. Mollie tells Mrs. Boyle about Christopher Wren's profession. What does Mollie say and how does Mrs. Boyle react?
8. What are the issues the Ralstons are having with the heating system?
9. How does the repeated questioning of Detective Sergeant Trotter affect Mollie? How does it affect Giles?
10. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)