|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Detective Trotter's rank?
(c) 2nd Lieutenant
2. How does Christopher react when the phone goes dead?
(a) Does nothing
(b) Tries to fix it
(d) Laughs hysterically
3. In what section of the city did the crime take place?
(a) White Chapel
4. How much are the guests paying to stay at the house?
(a) 4 dollars
(b) 7 guineas
(c) 64 pence
(d) 12 quid
5. What item does Miss Casewell bring?
(b) Walking stick
(c) MP3 player
Short Answer Questions
1. Giles and Mollie live near a:
2. Which of the following is not done by Mollie when she enters the house?
3. How is the murderer's overcoat described?
4. Giles asks Mollie for what kind of tool?
5. What is the surname of Mollie and Giles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Lyon's alleged connection to Monkswell Manor?
2. What are the names of the guests and their corresponding room assignments?
3. Why does Mrs. Boyle choose to stay in guest houses and hotels?
4. Why does Mrs. Boyle claim that Mollie knows nothing about housework?
5. What do the Ralstons and other guests find unusual about Miss Casewell?
6. Christopher Wren tells Mollie that she is not at all what he had pictured. What had Christopher expected of Mollie?
7. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
8. Christopher Wren says the weather reminds him of a particular author and piece of literature. What are they?
9. How does Major Metcalf respond when Mrs. Boyle complains about the accommodations?
10. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)