|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the victim murdered?
2. What song does Christopher sing?
(a) Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
(b) Four and Twenty Blackbirds
(c) Little Jack Horner
(d) Bye Bye Bird
3. Who complains about the music being too loud?
(a) Miss Casewell
(b) Mrs. Boyle
(c) Christopher Wren
(d) Major Metcalf
4. What is the name of the farm?
(a) Double R Ranch
(d) Smithson's Orchard
5. Which word is used to describe Mrs. Boyle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the third guest to arrive?
2. Which place is not among those dismissed by Miss Casewell as home?
3. How old are Giles and Mollie?
4. What was the first name of the murdered woman?
5. What is the name of the old house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the argument over the radio?
2. What nursery rhyme does Wren sing? What is Wren's opinion about nursery rhymes?
3. Monkswell Manor is a guest house operated by Giles and Mollie Ralston. Explain the exterior of the building.
4. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
5. What are Wren's thoughts about policemen?
6. What was the reason Mrs. Boyle was murdered? Was the killing justified? What could have been done to stop the crime?
7. How does the repeated questioning of Detective Sergeant Trotter affect Mollie? How does it affect Giles?
8. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
9. What item did Giles go looking for at the dump? What hindered the search?
10. Christopher Wren says the weather reminds him of a particular author and piece of literature. What are they?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)