|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's profession?
(a) He is unemployed
(b) Shoe salesman
(d) Train conductor
2. Who notices the issue with the sign?
(b) Major Metcalf
(c) Mrs. Boyle
3. Who discovers that the phone is dead?
(b) Miss Casewell
(c) Major Metcalf
(d) Mrs. Boyle
4. Mollie laments that it is getting dark, even though it's what time?
(a) 4:00 PM
(b) 6:30 PM
(c) 7:15 PM
(d) 5:10 PM
5. Mr. Parvicini jokes that he could be, which of the following?
(b) Circus clown
(c) Undercover detective
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of hat does the murderer wear?
2. Why does Mollie doubt the sergeant's rank?
3. Who is the third guest to arrive?
4. During what season does the story take place?
5. What poem does Christopher recite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the content of the conversation between Mrs. Boyle and Major Metcalf?
2. Why does Mrs. Boyle claim that Mollie knows nothing about housework?
3. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
4. What does Mollie intends to serve for dinner? What is Giles' response to the menu?
5. How does the author end the play? Are there any hidden meanings or metaphors in the ending the author chose?
6. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
7. What was the reason Mrs. Boyle was murdered? Was the killing justified? What could have been done to stop the crime?
8. How does the group learn about the murder? Where did the murder take place?
9. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
10. How does Detective Sergeant Trotter manage to defeat the problems caused by the weather?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)