|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mollie asks Mrs. Boyle about her former job as a:
2. What clue was found at the crime scene?
3. How old are Giles and Mollie?
(a) Early sixties
(c) In their twenties
4. What caused the death of one of the children?
5. Giles is afraid that they will run out of what item?
(b) Suntan lotion
(c) Rock salt
Short Answer Questions
1. Mollie laments that it is getting dark, even though it's what time?
2. What piece of furniture seems to be the most used on the set?
3. Who makes rude comments about Christopher?
4. What was the victim's real last name?
5. What business are Giles and Mollie trying to establish?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Metcalf so eager to go down into the cellar? What does Metcalf find down there? What are Metcalf's theories regarding the name of the house?
2. Mollie spots the sign Giles had made for the guest house. What is wrong with the sign?
3. How does the author end the play? Are there any hidden meanings or metaphors in the ending the author chose?
4. What are Mollie's comments regarding the quality of the guests at the manor?
5. Mollie and Giles want to surprise each other with gifts for their first anniversary. What are the gifts? What are the couple's reactions?
6. Why did Georgie Corrigan assume the role of a police officer? Why not simply visit Monkswell Manor and kill Mrs. Boyle and Mollie?
7. What complaint does Giles have when a new shipment of coke is delivered?
8. What prompts the conversation about socialism?
9. What does Mollie intends to serve for dinner? What is Giles' response to the menu?
10. What is the first issue brought up by Mrs. Boyle? How does Giles reply to the complaint?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)