|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season does the story take place?
2. Who notices the issue with the sign?
(c) Major Metcalf
(d) Mrs. Boyle
3. Who cooks lunch for the group?
(a) Miss Casewell
(c) Mrs. Boyle
4. What was the first name of the murdered woman?
5. Mollie asks Mrs. Boyle about her former job as a:
Short Answer Questions
1. Mollie laments that it is getting dark, even though it's what time?
2. What is wrong with the sign for the house?
3. Which of the following is not done by Mollie when she enters the house?
4. What song is being whistled in the beginning of Act 1?
5. What term is used to describe Christopher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mollie chosen as the third victim? Was Mollie at fault? What was Mollie's role in the Corrigan case?
2. Who is the unexpected guest? How does the guest arrive at the manor?
3. What are Mollie's comments regarding the quality of the guests at the manor?
4. Mollie tells Mrs. Boyle about Christopher Wren's profession. What does Mollie say and how does Mrs. Boyle react?
5. Why did Georgie Corrigan assume the role of a police officer? Why not simply visit Monkswell Manor and kill Mrs. Boyle and Mollie?
6. What is the purpose of reenacting the scene just before Mrs. Boyle was killed? Would it make more sense to reenact the crime? Explain.
7. Why is Metcalf so eager to go down into the cellar? What does Metcalf find down there? What are Metcalf's theories regarding the name of the house?
8. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
9. What is Wren's opinion on Englishwomen and compliments?
10. What are the names of the guests and their corresponding room assignments?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)