|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first name of the murdered woman?
2. What term is used to describe Christopher?
(a) Deceptively clever
(b) Mentally unhinged
(c) Socially inept
(d) Pathological liar
3. Mr. Parvicini jokes that he could be, which of the following?
(a) Undercover detective
(b) Circus clown
4. Christopher hides behind what object?
(a) Coat rack
5. What is Christopher's profession?
(b) Train conductor
(c) He is unemployed
(d) Shoe salesman
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mollie doubt the sergeant's rank?
2. Who is the first character to appear?
3. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
4. Christopher says that he always finds policemen to be:
5. What is wrong with the sign for the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the only clues the police have in the case of the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon?
2. It is revealed that Major Metcalf is also using an alias. Who is Metcalf really? Where is the real Major Metcalf? Is there a real Major Metcalf?
3. Why does Giles accuse Mollie of having an affair with Christopher Wren? How does Mollie react?
4. What do the Ralstons and other guests find unusual about Miss Casewell?
5. The snow reminds Miss Casewell of disturbing things. Describe Miss Casewell's thoughts.
6. Miss Caswell makes a joke about the reason the police want to visit the manor. What is it?
7. What is Mrs. Lyon's real name? What was the note found with her body?
8. Mollie tells Mrs. Boyle about Christopher Wren's profession. What does Mollie say and how does Mrs. Boyle react?
9. What is the purpose of reenacting the scene just before Mrs. Boyle was killed? Would it make more sense to reenact the crime? Explain.
10. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)