|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does Christopher sing?
(a) Bye Bye Bird
(b) Little Jack Horner
(c) Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
(d) Four and Twenty Blackbirds
2. What was the last name of the foster children?
3. What mood of transportation does the sergeant used to get to the house?
4. What poem does Christopher recite?
(a) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
(b) The North Wind Doth Blow
(c) Lady of Shallott
(d) Hyla Brook
5. How is the murderer's overcoat described?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Mr. Parvicini's car damaged?
2. In which room is Mrs. Boyle placed?
3. Mrs. Boyle is annoyed by the house's lack of:
4. What delays Trotter?
5. What was the victim's real last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the real reason Miss Casewell returned to England, and more specifically, Monkswell Manor?
2. How does the author end the play? Are there any hidden meanings or metaphors in the ending the author chose?
3. Mollie tells Mrs. Boyle about Christopher Wren's profession. What does Mollie say and how does Mrs. Boyle react?
4. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
5. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
6. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
7. Monkswell Manor is a guest house operated by Giles and Mollie Ralston. Explain the exterior of the building.
8. Mollie makes frequent references to an unhappy past even though she claims to have had a happy childhood. To what is Mollie referring and how does it relate to the story?
9. How does the group learn about the murder? Where did the murder take place?
10. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)