|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Detective Trotter's rank?
(b) 2nd Lieutenant
2. On what street did the murder occur?
3. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
4. What is wrong with the sign for the house?
(a) Too small
(b) Wrong color
(c) Too large
5. Who is the first character to appear?
(b) Mrs. Boyle
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the victim's real last name?
2. What is the surname of Mollie and Giles?
3. How was the victim murdered?
4. Who is the unexpected guest?
5. During what season does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Miss Casewell has reasons for her secrecy regarding her background. What are they and why is it imperative to keep it a secret?
2. What causes the argument over the radio?
3. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
4. How does the repeated questioning of Detective Sergeant Trotter affect Mollie? How does it affect Giles?
5. Christopher Wren says the weather reminds him of a particular author and piece of literature. What are they?
6. What are the only clues the police have in the case of the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon?
7. Monkswell Manor is a guest house operated by Giles and Mollie Ralston. Explain the exterior of the building.
8. What complaints does Mrs. Boyle have about the house?
9. Christopher Wren tells Mollie that she is not at all what he had pictured. What had Christopher expected of Mollie?
10. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)