Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not done by Mollie when she enters the house?
(a) Turns on the heat
(b) Feeds the cat
(c) Turns off the radio
(d) Takes off her hat and gloves
2. How is Mr. Parvicini's car damaged?
(a) Wrecked into a tree
(b) Overturned in the snow
(c) Smashed by a boulder
(d) Vandalized by juvenile delinquents
3. Who notices the issue with the sign?
(a) Mrs. Boyle
(d) Major Metcalf
4. Giles asks Mollie for what kind of tool?
5. What piece of furniture seems to be the most used on the set?
(c) Refectory table
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the death of one of the children?
2. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
3. How old is Major Metcalf?
4. What kind of hat does the murderer wear?
5. The police telephone from what region?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
2. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
3. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
4. What are the two main concerns of Giles and Mollie regarding the central heating in the house?
5. Mollie spots the sign Giles had made for the guest house. What is wrong with the sign?
6. What warning does Mollie receive from Mr. Paravicini? How does Mollie react?
7. Christopher Wren says the weather reminds him of a particular author and piece of literature. What are they?
8. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
9. What do the Ralstons and other guests find unusual about Miss Casewell?
10. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)