|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Major Metcalf?
(a) Senior citizen
(b) Early twenties
(c) Mid thirties
(d) Middle aged
2. Who cooks lunch for the group?
(b) Mrs. Boyle
(c) Miss Casewell
3. What is the last name of the superintendent of the police?
4. What caused the death of one of the children?
5. How is Mr. Parvicini's car damaged?
(a) Overturned in the snow
(b) Smashed by a boulder
(c) Vandalized by juvenile delinquents
(d) Wrecked into a tree
Short Answer Questions
1. What poem does Christopher recite?
2. What occurrence is reported on the radio?
3. What was the last name of the foster children?
4. Who is the first character to appear?
5. Christopher hides behind what object?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
2. Why is Christopher Wren so upset when it is suggested that he might be the oldest Corrigan child? What is Wren's confession to Mollie?
3. Why does Mrs. Boyle choose to stay in guest houses and hotels?
4. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
5. How does the author end the play? Are there any hidden meanings or metaphors in the ending the author chose?
6. Christopher Wren tells Mollie that she is not at all what he had pictured. What had Christopher expected of Mollie?
7. What complaints does Mrs. Boyle have about the house?
8. Mollie and Giles want to surprise each other with gifts for their first anniversary. What are the gifts? What are the couple's reactions?
9. Why is Metcalf so eager to go down into the cellar? What does Metcalf find down there? What are Metcalf's theories regarding the name of the house?
10. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)