|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the third guest to arrive?
(a) Major Metcalf
(b) Mr. Paravicini
(c) Christopher Wren
(d) Mrs. Boyle
2. In which room is Mrs. Boyle placed?
(a) Blue Room
(b) Spinning Room
(c) Oak Room
(d) Rose Room
3. Christopher seems to be fixated with:
(b) Mrs. Boyle
(c) Big band music
(d) Nursery rhymes
4. On what street did the murder occur?
5. Which word is used to describe Mrs. Boyle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
2. What business are Giles and Mollie trying to establish?
3. What poem does Christopher recite?
4. How is the murderer's overcoat described?
5. Mollie laments that it is getting dark, even though it's what time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Christopher Wren says the weather reminds him of a particular author and piece of literature. What are they?
2. What causes the argument over the radio?
3. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
4. How does Major Metcalf respond when Mrs. Boyle complains about the accommodations?
5. What is Mrs. Lyon's alleged connection to Monkswell Manor?
6. How does the author end the play? Are there any hidden meanings or metaphors in the ending the author chose?
7. What item did Giles go looking for at the dump? What hindered the search?
8. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
9. What was the reason Mrs. Boyle was murdered? Was the killing justified? What could have been done to stop the crime?
10. Why does Detective Sergeant Trotter believe that someone at the manor may be in danger?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)