|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christopher says that he always finds policemen to be:
2. In what section of the city did the crime take place?
(d) White Chapel
3. What is the last name of the superintendent of the police?
4. In which room is Mrs. Boyle placed?
(a) Oak Room
(b) Blue Room
(c) Spinning Room
(d) Rose Room
5. What was the victim's real last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
2. Who is the unexpected guest?
3. Who is the third guest to arrive?
4. What is the surname of Mollie and Giles?
5. Where is Christopher left by himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Wren's opinion on Englishwomen and compliments?
2. Who is the unexpected guest? How does the guest arrive at the manor?
3. Miss Caswell makes a joke about the reason the police want to visit the manor. What is it?
4. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
5. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
6. Why is Metcalf so eager to go down into the cellar? What does Metcalf find down there? What are Metcalf's theories regarding the name of the house?
7. Why does Detective Sergeant Trotter believe that someone at the manor may be in danger?
8. What are the issues the Ralstons are having with the heating system?
9. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
10. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)