|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who complains about the music being too loud?
(a) Major Metcalf
(b) Miss Casewell
(c) Mrs. Boyle
(d) Christopher Wren
2. Who is the third guest to arrive?
(a) Christopher Wren
(b) Major Metcalf
(c) Mr. Paravicini
(d) Mrs. Boyle
3. Who cooks lunch for the group?
(a) Miss Casewell
(c) Mrs. Boyle
4. Giles is afraid that they will run out of what item?
(a) Rock salt
(d) Suntan lotion
5. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
Short Answer Questions
1. What piece of furniture seems to be the most used on the set?
2. How much are the guests paying to stay at the house?
3. How was the victim murdered?
4. How does Christopher react when the phone goes dead?
5. What is the name of the old house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the only clues the police have in the case of the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon?
2. Christopher Wren tells Mollie that she is not at all what he had pictured. What had Christopher expected of Mollie?
3. Mollie and Giles have a lovers' quarrel in the kitchen, witnessed in part by Paravicini. What is the cause for the quarrel? How is it resolved?
4. What are Mollie's comments regarding the quality of the guests at the manor?
5. How does the author end the play? Are there any hidden meanings or metaphors in the ending the author chose?
6. Miss Caswell makes a joke about the reason the police want to visit the manor. What is it?
7. Monkswell Manor is a guest house operated by Giles and Mollie Ralston. Explain the exterior of the building.
8. How was the third murder prevented? How did Trotter react to his ruined plans?
9. How does Detective Sergeant Trotter manage to defeat the problems caused by the weather?
10. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)