|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
2. How is Mr. Parvicini's car damaged?
(a) Wrecked into a tree
(b) Smashed by a boulder
(c) Vandalized by juvenile delinquents
(d) Overturned in the snow
3. How old are Giles and Mollie?
(a) In their twenties
(c) Early sixties
4. What is Detective Trotter's rank?
(a) 2nd Lieutenant
5. Mrs. Boyle is annoyed by the house's lack of:
(a) A proper view
(b) Eligible men
(c) Hot water
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Mollie carry down the hallway?
2. Which word is used to describe Mrs. Boyle?
3. What occurrence is reported on the radio?
4. Giles asks Mollie for what kind of tool?
5. During what season does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reason Mrs. Boyle was murdered? Was the killing justified? What could have been done to stop the crime?
2. What are Wren's thoughts about policemen?
3. What is the final determination regarding Mr. Paravicini and his reason for being in the neighborhood when the snow hit?
4. What is the first issue brought up by Mrs. Boyle? How does Giles reply to the complaint?
5. What is the purpose of reenacting the scene just before Mrs. Boyle was killed? Would it make more sense to reenact the crime? Explain.
6. Why does Detective Sergeant Trotter believe that someone at the manor may be in danger?
7. Why was Mollie chosen as the third victim? Was Mollie at fault? What was Mollie's role in the Corrigan case?
8. What prompts the conversation about socialism?
9. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
10. What is Mrs. Lyon's alleged connection to Monkswell Manor?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)