|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christopher seems to be fixated with:
(a) Big band music
(c) Nursery rhymes
(d) Mrs. Boyle
2. What poem does Christopher recite?
(a) Hyla Brook
(b) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
(c) Lady of Shallott
(d) The North Wind Doth Blow
3. What is the last name of the superintendent of the police?
4. What song does Christopher sing?
(a) Little Jack Horner
(b) Bye Bye Bird
(c) Four and Twenty Blackbirds
(d) Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
5. Who notices the issue with the sign?
(b) Mrs. Boyle
(d) Major Metcalf
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue was found at the crime scene?
2. How is the murderer's overcoat described?
3. How much are the guests paying to stay at the house?
4. What was the victim's real last name?
5. In what section of the city did the crime take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
2. Why does Mrs. Boyle choose to stay in guest houses and hotels?
3. What complaint does Giles have when a new shipment of coke is delivered?
4. What is the content of the conversation between Mrs. Boyle and Major Metcalf?
5. Mollie spots the sign Giles had made for the guest house. What is wrong with the sign?
6. Miss Caswell makes a joke about the reason the police want to visit the manor. What is it?
7. Why was Mollie chosen as the third victim? Was Mollie at fault? What was Mollie's role in the Corrigan case?
8. Why do Mollie and Giles make separate trips to London? Why is it important to keep it a secret?
9. How does Detective Sergeant Trotter manage to defeat the problems caused by the weather?
10. How does the author end the play? Are there any hidden meanings or metaphors in the ending the author chose?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)