|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Christopher left by himself?
(a) Great hall
(c) Train station
(d) Guest cottage
2. What poem does Christopher recite?
(a) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
(b) Hyla Brook
(c) Lady of Shallott
(d) The North Wind Doth Blow
3. How is Mr. Parvicini's car damaged?
(a) Vandalized by juvenile delinquents
(b) Wrecked into a tree
(c) Overturned in the snow
(d) Smashed by a boulder
4. What mood of transportation does the sergeant used to get to the house?
5. What is the name of the farm?
(a) Double R Ranch
(c) Smithson's Orchard
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word is used to describe Mrs. Boyle?
2. Who is the unexpected guest?
3. What delays Trotter?
4. Christopher hides behind what object?
5. Christopher seems to be fixated with:
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Mollie chosen as the third victim? Was Mollie at fault? What was Mollie's role in the Corrigan case?
2. How does the repeated questioning of Detective Sergeant Trotter affect Mollie? How does it affect Giles?
3. What is the content of the conversation between Mrs. Boyle and Major Metcalf?
4. Why does Detective Sergeant Trotter believe that someone at the manor may be in danger?
5. Why is Christopher Wren so upset when it is suggested that he might be the oldest Corrigan child? What is Wren's confession to Mollie?
6. What is the first issue brought up by Mrs. Boyle? How does Giles reply to the complaint?
7. What complaints does Mrs. Boyle have about the house?
8. How does Georgie react when confronted by Kathy? How does Kathy prove her identity?
9. What are the only clues the police have in the case of the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon?
10. How does the group learn about the murder? Where did the murder take place?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)