|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the unexpected guest?
(a) Colonel Mustard
(b) Mr. Paravicini
(c) Major Metcalf
(d) Christopher Wren
2. Which word is used to describe Mrs. Boyle?
3. What song does Christopher sing?
(a) Bye Bye Bird
(b) Little Jack Horner
(c) Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater
(d) Four and Twenty Blackbirds
4. Who is the first character to appear?
(d) Mrs. Boyle
5. The police telephone from what region?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Christopher left by himself?
2. Who notices the issue with the sign?
3. What occurrence is reported on the radio?
4. What is Detective Trotter's rank?
5. What caused the death of one of the children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the only clues the police have in the case of the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon?
2. Trotter finally manages to get some information from Miss Casewell. How long has Miss Casewell been in England? Where was she staying before she returned to the United Kingdom?
3. Mollie spots the sign Giles had made for the guest house. What is wrong with the sign?
4. Why did Georgie Corrigan assume the role of a police officer? Why not simply visit Monkswell Manor and kill Mrs. Boyle and Mollie?
5. Mollie and Giles have a lovers' quarrel in the kitchen, witnessed in part by Paravicini. What is the cause for the quarrel? How is it resolved?
6. What nursery rhyme does Wren sing? What is Wren's opinion about nursery rhymes?
7. Why does Mrs. Boyle claim that Mollie knows nothing about housework?
8. What are Wren's thoughts about policemen?
9. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
10. Monkswell Manor is a guest house operated by Giles and Mollie Ralston. Explain the exterior of the building.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)