|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mollie laments that it is getting dark, even though it's what time?
(a) 5:10 PM
(b) 6:30 PM
(c) 7:15 PM
(d) 4:00 PM
2. Christopher seems to be fixated with:
(a) Mrs. Boyle
(b) Big band music
(c) Nursery rhymes
3. What clue was found at the crime scene?
4. What occurrence is reported on the radio?
(a) Community festival
(d) Political coup
5. What mood of transportation does the sergeant used to get to the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the death of one of the children?
2. Which place is not among those dismissed by Miss Casewell as home?
3. What is the name of the farm?
4. What is the surname of Mollie and Giles?
5. What is the last name of the superintendent of the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Detective Sergeant Trotter discouraged from going to Monkswell Manor?
2. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
3. Mollie and Giles have a lovers' quarrel in the kitchen, witnessed in part by Paravicini. What is the cause for the quarrel? How is it resolved?
4. What is the first issue brought up by Mrs. Boyle? How does Giles reply to the complaint?
5. Why is Christopher Wren so upset when it is suggested that he might be the oldest Corrigan child? What is Wren's confession to Mollie?
6. Mollie spots the sign Giles had made for the guest house. What is wrong with the sign?
7. What are the issues the Ralstons are having with the heating system?
8. The snow reminds Miss Casewell of disturbing things. Describe Miss Casewell's thoughts.
9. Mollie makes frequent references to an unhappy past even though she claims to have had a happy childhood. To what is Mollie referring and how does it relate to the story?
10. What prompts the conversation about socialism?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)