|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which room is Mrs. Boyle placed?
(a) Oak Room
(b) Blue Room
(c) Rose Room
(d) Spinning Room
2. Giles and Mollie live near a:
(a) Country village
(c) Coat factory
(d) Nuclear power plant
3. What poem does Christopher recite?
(a) Lady of Shallott
(b) The North Wind Doth Blow
(c) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
(d) Hyla Brook
4. The police telephone from what region?
5. Who is the unexpected guest?
(a) Colonel Mustard
(b) Major Metcalf
(c) Christopher Wren
(d) Mr. Paravicini
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers that the phone is dead?
2. Giles asks Mollie for what kind of tool?
3. What was the last name of the foster children?
4. Mollie asks Mrs. Boyle about her former job as a:
5. On what street did the murder occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Boyle choose to stay in guest houses and hotels?
2. What do the Ralstons and other guests find unusual about Miss Casewell?
3. What prompts the conversation about socialism?
4. Who are the Corrigans and how do they related to the story?
5. What is Mrs. Lyon's alleged connection to Monkswell Manor?
6. What does Mollie intends to serve for dinner? What is Giles' response to the menu?
7. What are the two main concerns of Giles and Mollie regarding the central heating in the house?
8. How does Mrs. Boyle react to the news that Monkswell Manor has just opened?
9. How does the author describe Christopher Wren?
10. What complaint does Giles have when a new shipment of coke is delivered?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)