|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The other guests think Wren may have arrived from what other location?
(c) New York
(d) Boarding house
2. What does Mollie promised to cook later in the day?
3. What was the make up of the children?
(a) Three boys, two girls
(b) One boy, one girl
(c) Two girls, one boy
(d) Four girls
4. Trotter is attempting to prevent what act?
5. According to Mrs. Boyle, when should the housework be completed?
(a) After bedtime
(b) Before tea
(c) In the early morning
(d) Before lunch
6. What was not on the breakfast menu?
(b) Scrambled eggs
7. Wren is credited with building what famous landmark?
(a) St. Paul's Cathedral
(b) Buckingham Palace
(c) Big Ben
(d) Westminster Abbey
8. Giles complained about the quality of what item?
(a) Snow removal
9. Where was the hotel where Miss Casewell was staying?
10. According to Major Metcalf, which animal would be delighted?
11. What game does Mrs. Boyle want to play?
(b) Hide and seek
12. How many of the children died?
13. What is Mollie carrying down the stairs?
(b) Fireplace poker
14. It is illegal for Mollie to turn away any:
(c) Hungry people
(d) Homeless people
15. What is another name for a scarf?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does Wren used to describe Sergeant Trotter?
2. What topic holds no interest for Miss Casewell?
3. How deep are the snow drifts?
4. According to the nursery rhyme, what is the farmer's wife's weapon?
5. Where does Mrs. Boyle frequently sit?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)