|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Trotter hear in the house?
2. Where does Mrs. Boyle frequently sit?
(a) Rocking chair
3. Mrs. Boyle objects to which item of Wren's clothing?
4. What causes Mrs. Boyle to leave the room?
(a) Loud music
(b) Drafty floor
5. What adjective does Wren used to describe Sergeant Trotter?
6. What animals are kept at Monkswell Manor?
7. Mrs. Boyle has sold what piece of property?
(a) Writing desk
(d) Book collection
8. What was the make up of the children?
(a) Four girls
(b) Three boys, two girls
(c) Two girls, one boy
(d) One boy, one girl
9. What topic holds no interest for Miss Casewell?
10. Giles complained about the quality of what item?
(d) Snow removal
11. The other guests think Wren may have arrived from what other location?
(a) New York
(b) Boarding house
12. What does Mollie serve for lunch?
(a) Corned Beef
(b) Roasted lamb
(c) Kidney pie
13. Where did the nylons come from?
14. What is the condition of the roads?
15. With whom does Mollie collide on the staircase?
(a) Miss Casewell
(c) Mrs. Boyle
(d) Sergeant Trotter
Short Answer Questions
1. What was written on the piece of paper found with Mrs. Lyon?
2. What term does Mrs. Boyle use to describe the police interview?
3. In what room are the pipes frozen?
4. It is briefly assumed that Miss Casewell practices what profession?
5. According to the nursery rhyme, what is the farmer's wife's weapon?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)