|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Christopher's profession?
(b) Shoe salesman
(c) Train conductor
(d) He is unemployed
2. In which room is Mrs. Boyle placed?
(a) Oak Room
(b) Blue Room
(c) Rose Room
(d) Spinning Room
3. What kind of look does Mrs. Boyle give to Christopher?
4. Christopher says that he always finds policemen to be:
5. Mrs. Boyle is annoyed by the house's lack of:
(b) Eligible men
(c) A proper view
(d) Hot water
6. What is the surname of Mollie and Giles?
7. Which word is used to describe Mrs. Boyle?
8. Who notices the issue with the sign?
(b) Major Metcalf
(c) Mrs. Boyle
9. Giles is afraid that they will run out of what item?
(a) Rock salt
(d) Suntan lotion
10. How does Christopher react when the phone goes dead?
(b) Laughs hysterically
(c) Tries to fix it
(d) Does nothing
11. What is Detective Trotter's rank?
(b) 2nd Lieutenant
12. What is the name of the old house?
(a) Monkswell Manor
(d) Green Gables
13. What was the victim's real last name?
14. What poem does Christopher recite?
(a) Lady of Shallott
(b) Hyla Brook
(c) The North Wind Doth Blow
(d) I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
15. Why does Mollie doubt the sergeant's rank?
(a) Mollie knows all of the police except him
(b) He looks too young
(c) Giles saw him panhandling on the street
(d) His clothes are too shabby
Short Answer Questions
1. On what street did the murder occur?
2. What is the last name of the superintendent of the police?
3. The police telephone from what region?
4. Who complains about the music being too loud?
5. Who makes rude comments about Christopher?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)