Act 1, Scene 1
* Giles and Mollie Ralston are introduced as innkeepers of Monkswell Manor.
* Giles and Mollie are nervous about their new business.
* The winter weather has the couple concerned about their guests who are due to arrive soon.
* There is news of a murder on the radio.
* The first three guests to arrive are Christopher Wren, Major Metcalf, and Mrs. Boyle.
* Miss Casewell and Mr. Paravicini are the next guests to arrive.
* Mrs. Boyle complains about everything.
* Christopher Wren exhibits strange behavior.
* The guests are shown to their rooms.
* The group discusses the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon.
Act 1, Scene 2
* Mrs. Boyle continues to complain about Monkswell Manor.
* It becomes clear that no one likes Mrs. Boyle.
* Miss Casewell annoys Mrs. Boyle.
* Detective Sergeant Trotter arrives on skis.
* Christopher Wren chats with Miss Casewell.
* Mrs. Boyle doubts Wren's reputation.
* The guests are questioned by Detective Sergeant Trotter.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)