Act 1, Scene 1
• Giles and Mollie Ralston are introduced as innkeepers of Monkswell Manor.
• Giles and Mollie are nervous about their new business.
• The winter weather has the couple concerned about their guests who are due to arrive soon.
• There is news of a murder on the radio.
• The first three guests to arrive are Christopher Wren, Major Metcalf, and Mrs. Boyle.
• Miss Casewell and Mr. Paravicini are the next guests to arrive.
• Mrs. Boyle complains about everything.
• Christopher Wren exhibits strange behavior.
• The guests are shown to their rooms.
• The group discusses the murder of Mrs. Maureen Lyon.
Act 1, Scene 2
• Mrs. Boyle continues to complain about Monkswell Manor.
• It becomes clear that no one likes Mrs. Boyle.
• Miss Casewell annoys Mrs. Boyle.
• Detective Sergeant Trotter arrives on skis.
• Christopher Wren chats with Miss Casewell.
• Mrs. Boyle doubts Wren's reputation.
• The guests are questioned by Detective Sergeant Trotter.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)