|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps a group of Cangeois to draft a petition for electricity to President Aristide?
(a) Serena Koenig.
(b) Didi Farmer.
(c) Ti Fifi.
(d) Tracy Kidder.
2. How is Paul involved with the TB projects in Peru and Russia in the late 1990s?
(a) He runs both projects.
(b) He is an advisor.
(c) He is not; both are independent of Partners in Health.
(d) He is a fundraiser only.
3. By what year do mathematical models predict HIV infections will reach 100 million?
4. Who does Paul Farmer say that the women of Haiti caught HIV from?
(a) Their husbands.
(b) Soldiers and truck drivers.
(d) Politicians and poachers.
5. What religion does the book say that Paul Farmer struggled with?
(a) Evangelical Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul Farmer borrow money from to pay for the 2002 expansion while waiting for the Global Fund money to arrive?
2. Who guarantees Paul Farmer's 2002 expansion loan?
3. What happens to the prices of second line antibiotics after World Health Organization's new policies for MDR-TB in 2002?
4. Who manages the construction of a second operating room for Zanmi Lasante in 2002?
5. What expansion does Paul Farmer begin in the summer of 2002?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul Farmer mean in Chapter 25 when he says that John's family died of Haiti?
2. Explain the connection between the Open Society Institute and Partners in Health.
3. Morally speaking, should all people attempt to follow Paul Farmer's example?
4. Does Jim Kim think that Paul Farmer is a good role model?
5. How are Paul Farmer and Jim Kim different in their approaches to medicine?
6. What is Ophelia's opinion of Paul's personality?
7. How does the political climate in Haiti affect attempts to improve the health of its citizens?
8. Why are Paul Farmer and Alex Goldfarb successful in their attempts to make significant changes?
9. Why is Paul Farmer a supporter of President Aristede?
10. Does Paul Farmer treat Jim Kim with respect?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)