|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is MDR TB?
(a) Muscular diabetic tuberculosis.
(b) Muscular dystrophic tuberculosis.
(c) Multiple disease related tuberculosis.
(d) Multidrug resistant tuberculosis.
2. What does Paul Farmer send to Tracy Kidder before returning to Haiti for New Year's Day 2000?
(a) A letter.
(c) A child.
(d) A book.
3. Why is Tracy Kidder in Haiti in 1994?
(a) He is on vacation.
(b) To write an article on the current regime.
(c) To visit a Haitian Army outpost.
(d) He is a missionary.
4. What does the South Carolina church invest in for the people of Cange?
(a) Water spigots.
(b) Antibacterial soap.
(c) Wood to build out houses.
(d) Material for new roofs.
5. What amount of debt does Tom White pay for medicine taken by Paul and Jim, as noted in the Medicos Aventureros section?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Paul's mentor?
2. What nickname did his daughters give to Paul Farmer's father?
3. What does "ID" refer to when Paul Farmer refers to his patients in 1999?
4. Where does Paul Farmer invite Tracy Kidder just before New Year's Day 2000?
5. How does Paul Farmer say he was allowed to return to Haiti after being exiled by the junta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Paul Farmer mean in Chapter 25 when he says that John's family died of Haiti?
2. How do epidemiological maps give insight into the TB epidemic in Haiti?
3. Describe the TB study designed by Paul Farmer in Chapter Four.
4. Why is the method of travel and the land around Zanmi Lasante important?
5. Describe Jim Yong Kim.
6. Describe the relative urban quiet used to describe the area in Boston where Brigham & Women's is located.
7. Does Paul Farmer believe that life sucks, as noted in this second TB speech in Cuba?
8. Describe Ti Fifi.
9. How are Paul Farmer and Jim Kim different in their approaches to medicine?
10. Why is Alexander Goldfarb reluctant to implement DOTS in Russia, in Chapter 18?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)