|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What symptoms of TB did the patient named Joe exhibit in 1999?
(a) Fatigue and chest pain.
(b) High fever and cough.
(c) Coughing up blood.
(d) Rapid weigh loss and cough.
2. What disease does Paul contract on his first visit to Cange?
3. What is ti kay?
(a) A small boat.
(b) A good luck ornament.
(c) A small house.
(d) The Haitian word for medicine.
4. Where does Paul Farmer invite Tracy Kidder just before New Year's Day 2000?
(a) To Haiti.
(b) To Coffee.
(c) To his home.
(d) To a fundraising event.
5. What action does Paul Farmer take after meeting and examining the patient named Joe in 1999?
(a) Arranges to speak to his congressman.
(b) Sends him home with his mother.
(c) Admits him to the hospital.
(d) Pays for his funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Father Jack die?
2. What type of map does Farmer share with Kidder in the Medicos Aventureros section?
3. Where does Paul Farmer first encounter Haitian people?
4. What does Paul Farmer raise money for after he sees a mother and baby die during his first visit to Cange?
5. What happens in Haitian politics in 1990?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Paul Farmer's appearance in the first chapter of Mountains Beyond Mountains.
2. How does the death of John Wilnot affect Zanmi Lasante?
3. What is the importance of the O for the P?
4. What is Paul Farmer's wedding like?
5. What does Paul Farmer mean in Chapter 25 when he says that John's family died of Haiti?
6. Is Socios en Salud successful?
7. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
8. Why is Arata Kochi important in Mountains Beyond Mountains?
9. Describe Jim Yong Kim.
10. How are Paul Farmer and Jim Kim different in their approaches to medicine?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)