|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other diseases are the patients that Paul Farmer sees in Haiti very likely to have in conjunction with Tuberculosis, according to comments in Medicos Aventureros?
(a) Scarlett Fever and Sepsis.
(b) Typhoid and Rheumatism.
(c) HIV and AIDS.
(d) Dysentry and Malaria.
2. What is the name of Paul Farmer's daughter?
3. Who is Didi Bertrand?
(a) The daughter of the schoolmaster in Cange.
(b) A patient with MDR TB.
(c) A member of Doctors without Borders.
(d) The founder of DOTS.
4. What is an example of the small tokens his patients give to Dokte Paul?
(a) Unpasteurized goat milk.
(b) Woven voodoo dolls.
(d) Ti Kays.
5. What happens to the Peru branch of Partners in Health as a result of the civil war?
(a) Construction is halted.
(b) The pharmacy is bombed.
(c) The facility is moved into a local church.
(d) The entire facility is set on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Paul and Father Jack first meet?
2. What is true of Paul Farmer when he and Tracy Kidder meet again in 1999?
3. What does Paul Farmer give the patient Joe for Christmas?
4. What is ti kay?
5. Who is Arata Kochi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on events in Chapter Twelve, is Paul Farmer reckless or responsible?
2. Why is the method of travel and the land around Zanmi Lasante important?
3. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
4. What is the impetus for the creation of Socios en Salud?
5. Explain why Paul Farmer rides on the Lady Gin as a child.
6. Describe Zanmi Lasante as first seen by Tracy Kidder in Chapter Three.
7. How do epidemiological maps give insight into the TB epidemic in Haiti?
8. Describe Paul Farmer's appearance in the first chapter of Mountains Beyond Mountains.
9. Describe Jim Yong Kim.
10. Why does Paul Farmer ask the Boston Globe to publish A Death in Haiti under a pen name in Chapter Eleven?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)