|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paul work when he first goes to Haiti?
(a) Eye Care Haiti.
(b) Dahl Croix Medical.
(c) Artibonte Clinique.
(d) Cange Care Haiti.
2. Who is Fritz Lafontant?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A migrant worker.
(c) A priest.
(d) A millionaire.
3. Why is Tracy Kidder in Haiti in 1994?
(a) To write an article on the current regime.
(b) To visit a Haitian Army outpost.
(c) He is a missionary.
(d) He is on vacation.
4. Who provides the funding to bring Partners in Health to Peru?
(a) Ophelia's father.
(b) Tom White.
(c) Didi Bertrand.
(d) Senora Brigada.
5. What does "ID" refer to when Paul Farmer refers to his patients in 1999?
(a) Inferior diabetes.
(b) Irrigational diverticulitous.
(c) Infant deaths.
(d) Infectious disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ti kay?
2. What amount of debt does Tom White pay for medicine taken by Paul and Jim, as noted in the Medicos Aventureros section?
3. What other diseases are the patients that Paul Farmer sees in Haiti very likely to have in conjunction with Tuberculosis, according to comments in Medicos Aventureros?
4. What does Paul Farmer switch his major from when he enters Harvard Medical School?
5. What happens to the Peru branch of Partners in Health as a result of the civil war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
2. Is Socios en Salud successful?
3. Why does Paul Farmer give Joe a 6 pack of beer in Chapter Two?
4. Describe Zanmi Lasante as first seen by Tracy Kidder in Chapter Three.
5. What is Paul Farmer's wedding like?
6. Why is Arata Kochi important in Mountains Beyond Mountains?
7. Why is Rudolf Virchow important to Paul Farmer?
8. Explain why Paul Farmer and Ophelia fight over Diet Coke in Chapter Ten.
9. How do the staff and patients at Brigham & Women's react to Paul Farmer when Tracy Kidder visits in Chapter Two?
10. Describe Jim Yong Kim.
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)