|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the staff at Zanmi Lasante believe the cure rate for Tuberculosis is so low?
(a) Patients stop taking the medicine.
(b) The medicine sent to Haiti is tainted.
(c) Haitians are more susceptible to its effects.
(d) It is not TB that is making the people sick.
2. Where do Paul Farmer and Jim Yong Kim get many of the drugs for their facility in Peru?
(a) Brigham and Women's.
(b) Kay Epin.
(c) Arata Kochi.
(d) The French Government.
3. What organization endows Partners in Health with a $45 million grant?
(a) The World Health Organization.
(b) The Gates Foundation.
(c) Doctors without Borders.
(d) Tom White's Partners Worldwide.
4. What is dechoukaj?
(a) A voodoo cure for disease.
(b) A ceremonial meal that shows gratitude.
(c) A method of blood transfusion.
(d) The removal of all outward signs of a government.
5. What disease does Paul contract on his first visit to Cange?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who secured the future of Partners in Health by securing the $45 million endowment?
2. What is true of the cure for Tuberculosis in Haiti at the beginning of the Medicos Aventureros section?
3. Who is Arata Kochi?
4. How does Paul Farmer say he was allowed to return to Haiti after being exiled by the junta?
5. What does Paul Farmer raise money for after he sees a mother and baby die during his first visit to Cange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jim Yong Kim.
2. What is Paul Farmer's wedding like?
3. Is the DOTS treatment as described in Chapter 15 effective?
4. Explain the importance of the Peligre Dam to the people of Haiti.
5. What is the impetus for the creation of Socios en Salud?
6. What is the importance of the O for the P?
7. Is Socios en Salud successful?
8. Why is Alexander Goldfarb reluctant to implement DOTS in Russia, in Chapter 18?
9. Why does Paul Farmer give Joe a 6 pack of beer in Chapter Two?
10. Explain why Paul Farmer and Ophelia fight over Diet Coke in Chapter Ten.
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)