|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Senora Brigada?
(a) A hospital administrator.
(b) A Peruvian scientist.
(c) A Pervuian heiress.
(d) A patient with MDR TB.
2. Why are there soldiers in Haiti in 1994?
(a) To keep peace before the new election.
(b) To maintain a military presence in a peaceful time.
(c) To support the new government from an ousted regime.
(d) To bring aid and food supplies.
3. What is DOTS?
(a) The traditional regimen for treating resistant TB.
(b) A fund raising organization based in Boston.
(c) A sister facilty to Partners in Health.
(d) Paul Farmer's recommended approach for curing TB.
4. What happens to the Peru branch of Partners in Health as a result of the civil war?
(a) The entire facility is set on fire.
(b) The facility is moved into a local church.
(c) The pharmacy is bombed.
(d) Construction is halted.
5. What disease is Paul Farmer diagnosed with after marrying in 1996?
(b) Multiple Sclerosis.
(c) MDR TB.
(d) Hepatitis A.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Didi Bertrand?
2. Where did Paul Farmer first attend college on a full scholarship?
3. Where does Paul Farmer invite Tracy Kidder just before New Year's Day 2000?
4. Where was Paul Farmer raised?
5. What job did Paul hold while living in France?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Zanmi Lasante as first seen by Tracy Kidder in Chapter Three.
2. Why is the method of travel and the land around Zanmi Lasante important?
3. Explain why Paul Farmer and Ophelia fight over Diet Coke in Chapter Ten.
4. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
5. Is Paul Farmer a person of faith, as of Chapter 9?
6. How do the staff and patients at Brigham & Women's react to Paul Farmer when Tracy Kidder visits in Chapter Two?
7. Describe Paul Farmer's appearance in the first chapter of Mountains Beyond Mountains.
8. Describe Paul Farmer's parents.
9. Explain the importance of the Peligre Dam to the people of Haiti.
10. Describe the irony surrounding Father Jack's death.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)