|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who funds Kay Epin?
(a) Jim Yong Kim.
(b) Ophelia's father.
(c) Tom White.
2. Where does Paul Farmer first encounter Haitian people?
(a) Where he helps to pick citrus.
(b) From his grandmother.
(c) From his Aunt Lillian.
(d) On his first visit to Cange.
3. What does the South Carolina church invest in for the people of Cange?
(a) Antibacterial soap.
(b) Wood to build out houses.
(c) Material for new roofs.
(d) Water spigots.
4. What organization endows Partners in Health with a $45 million grant?
(a) Tom White's Partners Worldwide.
(b) The World Health Organization.
(c) The Gates Foundation.
(d) Doctors without Borders.
5. Who is Senora Brigada?
(a) A hospital administrator.
(b) A patient with MDR TB.
(c) A Pervuian heiress.
(d) A Peruvian scientist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in Haitian politics in 1990?
2. Where does Paul Farmer invite Tracy Kidder just before New Year's Day 2000?
3. What is true of the cure for Tuberculosis in Haiti at the beginning of the Medicos Aventureros section?
4. Who is Didi Bertrand?
5. What is dechoukaj?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ophelia Dahl refuse to marry Paul Farmer?
2. Explain why Paul Farmer rides on the Lady Gin as a child.
3. What is Paul Farmer's wedding like?
4. Describe the WLs and AMC that Paul, Jim, and Ophelia discuss in Chapter Ten.
5. How do epidemiological maps give insight into the TB epidemic in Haiti?
6. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
7. Is Paul Farmer a person of faith, as of Chapter 9?
8. What is the importance of the O for the P?
9. Why does Paul Farmer give Joe a 6 pack of beer in Chapter Two?
10. Why is Alexander Goldfarb reluctant to implement DOTS in Russia, in Chapter 18?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)