|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Jack die?
(b) MDR TB.
(c) Colon Cancer.
(d) A car accident.
2. Where does Father Jack die?
3. Where did Paul Farmer first attend college on a full scholarship?
(a) Duke University.
(b) Notre Dame.
(c) Boston College.
(d) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
4. Why doesn't Paul return to Haiti in September of 1991?
(a) His paralysis keeps him in Boston.
(b) His Boston based business is failing.
(c) The government denies him access.
(d) His father is sick and dying.
5. How does Paul Farmer say he was allowed to return to Haiti after being exiled by the junta?
(b) He carries a false passport.
(c) The new regime invited him to return.
(d) A bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul work when he first goes to Haiti?
2. What organization supports the creation of generic version of TB drugs, beside the World Health Organization, according to the Medicos Aventureros section?
3. What does Paul Farmer invent that is attributed to inspiration from his daughter?
4. Who secured the future of Partners in Health by securing the $45 million endowment?
5. What other diseases are the patients that Paul Farmer sees in Haiti very likely to have in conjunction with Tuberculosis, according to comments in Medicos Aventureros?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul Farmer ask the Boston Globe to publish A Death in Haiti under a pen name in Chapter Eleven?
2. Is the DOTS treatment as described in Chapter 15 effective?
3. Describe the WLs and AMC that Paul, Jim, and Ophelia discuss in Chapter Ten.
4. Is Socios en Salud successful?
5. Why is Arata Kochi important in Mountains Beyond Mountains?
6. What is the significance of the Section heading, The Tin Roofs of Cange?
7. How do epidemiological maps give insight into the TB epidemic in Haiti?
8. Why does Paul Farmer give Joe a 6 pack of beer in Chapter Two?
9. What is the impetus for the creation of Socios en Salud?
10. Why is Alexander Goldfarb reluctant to implement DOTS in Russia, in Chapter 18?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)