|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul Farmer marry?
2. What happens to the Peru branch of Partners in Health as a result of the civil war?
(a) The pharmacy is bombed.
(b) The entire facility is set on fire.
(c) Construction is halted.
(d) The facility is moved into a local church.
3. Why is Tracy Kidder in Haiti in 1994?
(a) He is a missionary.
(b) To write an article on the current regime.
(c) To visit a Haitian Army outpost.
(d) He is on vacation.
4. How old is Paul Farmer when he and Tracy Kidder first meet?
5. What does Paul Farmer raise money for after he sees a mother and baby die during his first visit to Cange?
(a) Heart rate monitors.
(b) Incubation equipment.
(c) X-ray machines.
(d) Blood transfusion equipment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paul Farmer switch his major from when he enters Harvard Medical School?
2. What does Paul Farmer give the patient Joe for Christmas?
3. Where did Paul Farmer first attend college on a full scholarship?
4. What is the name of the hospital where Paul Farmer works four months out of the year?
5. What do the people of Cange use as roofs on their homes when Paul first visits?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul Farmer give Joe a 6 pack of beer in Chapter Two?
2. Describe the relative urban quiet used to describe the area in Boston where Brigham & Women's is located.
3. Describe Paul Farmer's parents.
4. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
5. What is the impetus for the creation of Socios en Salud?
6. Why is Arata Kochi important in Mountains Beyond Mountains?
7. Describe Zanmi Lasante as first seen by Tracy Kidder in Chapter Three.
8. Is the DOTS treatment as described in Chapter 15 effective?
9. Why is Alexander Goldfarb reluctant to implement DOTS in Russia, in Chapter 18?
10. Explain why Paul Farmer and Ophelia fight over Diet Coke in Chapter Ten.
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)