|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zanmi Lasante mean?
(a) Health for Haitians.
(b) Partners in Health.
(c) Free Health Services.
(d) One world, united.
2. Where does Father Jack die?
3. What is the name of the clinic founded by Paul Farmer in Haiti?
(a) Zanmi Lasante.
(b) Junta Haiti.
(c) Artibonte Clinic.
(d) Ti Kay Dokte.
4. Where do Paul and Father Jack first meet?
(b) Brigham and Women's.
(c) Zanmi Lasante.
(d) A church in Boston.
5. What is true about the drug for Tuberculosis, according to Paul Farmer?
(a) They tend to make children even more ill.
(b) It is a very forgiving drug.
(c) It is easy to misdose the very young and the elderly.
(d) They must be take at regular intervals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of Tom White?
2. What is the average lifespan in Haiti, according to the first section of the novel?
3. Why did the people that Paul Farmer work with in Haiti lose their farms?
4. What is an example of the small tokens his patients give to Dokte Paul?
5. What happens in Haitian politics in 1990?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relative urban quiet used to describe the area in Boston where Brigham & Women's is located.
2. Describe Paul Farmer's appearance in the first chapter of Mountains Beyond Mountains.
3. Why does Paul Farmer give Joe a 6 pack of beer in Chapter Two?
4. Describe Jim Yong Kim.
5. Describe the WLs and AMC that Paul, Jim, and Ophelia discuss in Chapter Ten.
6. Explain why Paul Farmer and Ophelia fight over Diet Coke in Chapter Ten.
7. Based on events in Chapter Twelve, is Paul Farmer reckless or responsible?
8. Describe Zanmi Lasante as first seen by Tracy Kidder in Chapter Three.
9. What is the impetus for the creation of Socios en Salud?
10. What is the importance of the O for the P?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)