|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paul work when he first goes to Haiti?
(a) Dahl Croix Medical.
(b) Eye Care Haiti.
(c) Artibonte Clinique.
(d) Cange Care Haiti.
2. What amount of debt does Tom White pay for medicine taken by Paul and Jim, as noted in the Medicos Aventureros section?
3. What is true about the drug for Tuberculosis, according to Paul Farmer?
(a) It is a very forgiving drug.
(b) They must be take at regular intervals.
(c) They tend to make children even more ill.
(d) It is easy to misdose the very young and the elderly.
4. What is true of Paul Farmer when he and Tracy Kidder meet again in 1999?
(a) He is an alcoholic.
(b) He is divorced.
(c) He is an infectious disease specialist.
(d) He has recevied the Nobel Peace Prize.
5. What does Paul Farmer send to Tracy Kidder before returning to Haiti for New Year's Day 2000?
(a) A letter.
(b) A child.
(c) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Paul Farmer take after meeting and examining the patient named Joe in 1999?
2. What does Paul Farmer switch his major from when he enters Harvard Medical School?
3. What is an example of the small tokens his patients give to Dokte Paul?
4. Who provides the funding to bring Partners in Health to Peru?
5. What is MDR TB?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the DOTS treatment as described in Chapter 15 effective?
2. Describe the relative urban quiet used to describe the area in Boston where Brigham & Women's is located.
3. Describe Jim Yong Kim.
4. Describe Zanmi Lasante as first seen by Tracy Kidder in Chapter Three.
5. Describe the irony surrounding Father Jack's death.
6. What is the importance of the O for the P?
7. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
8. Is Socios en Salud successful?
9. Why is Alexander Goldfarb reluctant to implement DOTS in Russia, in Chapter 18?
10. Describe Paul Farmer's appearance in the first chapter of Mountains Beyond Mountains.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)