|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Paul's mentor?
(a) Michel Bourgeoius.
(b) Rudolf Virchow.
(c) Peter Penberthy.
(d) Pierre Lafountain.
2. What organization supports the creation of generic version of TB drugs, beside the World Health Organization, according to the Medicos Aventureros section?
(a) Internation Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease.
(b) The Catholic Church.
(d) Doctors without Borders.
3. What amount of debt does Tom White pay for medicine taken by Paul and Jim, as noted in the Medicos Aventureros section?
4. Who funds Kay Epin?
(a) Ophelia's father.
(b) Jim Yong Kim.
(d) Tom White.
5. How does Father Jack die?
(a) A car accident.
(c) Colon Cancer.
(d) MDR TB.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Paul Farmer when he and Tracy Kidder first meet?
2. What happens to the Peru branch of Partners in Health as a result of the civil war?
3. What disease is Paul Farmer diagnosed with after marrying in 1996?
4. What is the name of Paul's thesis?
5. Who discovers that many patents on TB drugs are expired and argues for the creation of generic versions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Zanmi Lasante as first seen by Tracy Kidder in Chapter Three.
2. Is Socios en Salud successful?
3. Describe the WLs and AMC that Paul, Jim, and Ophelia discuss in Chapter Ten.
4. Why does Ophelia Dahl refuse to marry Paul Farmer?
5. What is Paul Farmer's wedding like?
6. Describe the irony surrounding Father Jack's death.
7. Explain the importance of the Peligre Dam to the people of Haiti.
8. Based on events in Chapter Twelve, is Paul Farmer reckless or responsible?
9. Why is the method of travel and the land around Zanmi Lasante important?
10. Why is Alexander Goldfarb reluctant to implement DOTS in Russia, in Chapter 18?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)