|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Paul Farmer take after meeting and examining the patient named Joe in 1999?
(a) Admits him to the hospital.
(b) Pays for his funeral.
(c) Arranges to speak to his congressman.
(d) Sends him home with his mother.
2. Who is Jean Bertrand-Aristide?
(a) Ophelia's husband.
(b) A soldier who is befriended by Paul.
(c) A priest and friend of Paul's.
(d) A reporter who writes about Zanmi Lasante.
3. What symptoms of TB did the patient named Joe exhibit in 1999?
(a) Fatigue and chest pain.
(b) Coughing up blood.
(c) High fever and cough.
(d) Rapid weigh loss and cough.
4. How is Zanmi Lasante funded?
(a) Donations to Partners in Health.
(b) Donations from a bookstore in Boston.
(c) Donations to Unicef.
(d) Donations from Doctors at Brigham and Women's.
5. Where do Paul Farmer and Jim Yong Kim get many of the drugs for their facility in Peru?
(a) The French Government.
(b) Arata Kochi.
(c) Kay Epin.
(d) Brigham and Women's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Father Jack die?
2. What is true of the cure for Tuberculosis in Haiti at the beginning of the Medicos Aventureros section?
3. What school does Paul Farmer get his medical degree from?
4. What nickname did his daughters give to Paul Farmer's father?
5. What other diseases are the patients that Paul Farmer sees in Haiti very likely to have in conjunction with Tuberculosis, according to comments in Medicos Aventureros?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rudolf Virchow important to Paul Farmer?
2. Why is the method of travel and the land around Zanmi Lasante important?
3. Based on events in Chapter Twelve, is Paul Farmer reckless or responsible?
4. Describe Jim Yong Kim.
5. What is Paul Farmer's wedding like?
6. What is the significance of the Section heading, The Tin Roofs of Cange?
7. Describe Paul Farmer's parents.
8. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
9. How do epidemiological maps give insight into the TB epidemic in Haiti?
10. Describe the irony surrounding Father Jack's death.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)