|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the junta suspected of doing in Mirebalais in the first section of the story labeled Dokte Paul?
(a) Blocking aid and food supplies.
(b) Beheading an official.
(c) Bombing a church.
(d) Burning a school.
2. What other diseases are the patients that Paul Farmer sees in Haiti very likely to have in conjunction with Tuberculosis, according to comments in Medicos Aventureros?
(a) HIV and AIDS.
(b) Dysentry and Malaria.
(c) Typhoid and Rheumatism.
(d) Scarlett Fever and Sepsis.
3. Why does the staff at Zanmi Lasante believe the cure rate for Tuberculosis is so low?
(a) The medicine sent to Haiti is tainted.
(b) Patients stop taking the medicine.
(c) It is not TB that is making the people sick.
(d) Haitians are more susceptible to its effects.
4. Who arranges for Paul Farmer and his wife to vacation in France while he is recovering from his illness?
(b) Didi Bertrand.
(c) Fritz Lafontant.
(d) Alex Goldfab.
5. What is true of the cure for Tuberculosis in Haiti at the beginning of the Medicos Aventureros section?
(a) The government has intercepted the shipment.
(b) It is not the correct type of drug for this strain of illness.
(c) It's not available anywhere in the country.
(d) It's only available in city hospitals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Paul return to Haiti in September of 1991?
2. How is Paul's knee shattered in 1988?
3. Who brings Partners in Health to Peru?
4. What is DOTS?
5. What does Zanmi Lasante mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Paul Farmer rides on the Lady Gin as a child.
2. Does Paul Farmer treat Jim Kim with respect?
3. What is the importance of the O for the P?
4. How does the death of John Wilnot affect Zanmi Lasante?
5. Describe the AIDS sanatorium in Cuba.
6. Why is Rudolf Virchow important to Paul Farmer?
7. Is Socios en Salud successful?
8. Morally speaking, should all people attempt to follow Paul Farmer's example?
9. Describe Carol and Serena's ride to Port-au-Prince to look for a medevac and a helicopter.
10. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)