|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Paul Farmer when he and Tracy Kidder first meet?
2. How is Zanmi Lasante funded?
(a) Donations from a bookstore in Boston.
(b) Donations from Doctors at Brigham and Women's.
(c) Donations to Unicef.
(d) Donations to Partners in Health.
3. How do Paul Farmer's colleagues consider his actions during Haiti's troubles in the early 1990s?
4. What award does Paul Farmer receive in the summer of 1993?
(a) The MacArthur Award.
(b) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) The Caldecott Award.
(d) The Turner Fellowship.
5. What is Tracy Kidder's job in 1994?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brings Partners in Health to Peru?
2. Where does Paul Farmer invite Tracy Kidder just before New Year's Day 2000?
3. Who is Didi Bertrand?
4. What does Zanmi Lasante mean?
5. What type of map does Farmer share with Kidder in the Medicos Aventureros section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rudolf Virchow important to Paul Farmer?
2. Describe Paul Farmer's appearance in the first chapter of Mountains Beyond Mountains.
3. Explain why Paul Farmer and Ophelia fight over Diet Coke in Chapter Ten.
4. Why is the method of travel and the land around Zanmi Lasante important?
5. Describe Paul Farmer's parents.
6. Why is Alexander Goldfarb reluctant to implement DOTS in Russia, in Chapter 18?
7. Describe the TB study designed by Paul Farmer in Chapter Four.
8. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
9. Describe the political climate of Haiti at the beginning of the book in 1994.
10. How do the staff and patients at Brigham & Women's react to Paul Farmer when Tracy Kidder visits in Chapter Two?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)