|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is MDR TB?
(a) Multiple disease related tuberculosis.
(b) Muscular dystrophic tuberculosis.
(c) Multidrug resistant tuberculosis.
(d) Muscular diabetic tuberculosis.
2. What is the name of the clinic founded by Paul Farmer in Haiti?
(a) Junta Haiti.
(b) Zanmi Lasante.
(c) Ti Kay Dokte.
(d) Artibonte Clinic.
3. Who discovers that many patents on TB drugs are expired and argues for the creation of generic versions?
(a) Paul Farmer.
(b) Arata Kochi.
(c) Jim Yong Kim.
4. Who is Ophelia Dahl?
(a) The administrator of a hospital in Haiti.
(b) A rich daughter of a famous actress.
(c) A reporter in Boston.
(d) Tom White's sister.
5. Who is Mamito married to?
(a) Baby Doc Duvalier.
(b) Fritz Lafontant.
(c) Jim Yong Kim.
(d) Tom White.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true about the drug for Tuberculosis, according to Paul Farmer?
2. Where does Paul work when he first goes to Haiti?
3. Who secured the future of Partners in Health by securing the $45 million endowment?
4. Who is the most substantial donor of Zanmi Lasante?
5. How do Paul Farmer's colleagues consider his actions during Haiti's troubles in the early 1990s?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Paul Farmer's wedding like?
2. What is the impetus for the creation of Socios en Salud?
3. Describe Paul Farmer's appearance in the first chapter of Mountains Beyond Mountains.
4. Based on events in Chapter Twelve, is Paul Farmer reckless or responsible?
5. Is Paul Farmer a person of faith, as of Chapter 9?
6. Why does Paul Farmer give Joe a 6 pack of beer in Chapter Two?
7. Explain how the author observes Paul Farmer beginning each day in Chapter Three.
8. Why is the method of travel and the land around Zanmi Lasante important?
9. Describe the WLs and AMC that Paul, Jim, and Ophelia discuss in Chapter Ten.
10. What is the importance of the O for the P?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)