|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul Farmer give the patient Joe for Christmas?
(c) A headstone.
2. Who is Julianna DeWolf?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A nun.
(d) Paul's first love.
3. Why is Paul Farmer frustrated when he first meets Tracy Kidder?
(a) Missionaries ignore Hatian beliefs.
(b) The military presence is preventing him from helping Haitians.
(c) The American idea of aid won't help Haitians.
(d) The American Media doesn't understand the problems of Haiti.
4. Where do Paul and Father Jack first meet?
(a) Brigham and Women's.
(b) A church in Boston.
(c) Zanmi Lasante.
5. Who arranges for Paul Farmer and his wife to vacation in France while he is recovering from his illness?
(a) Alex Goldfab.
(b) Didi Bertrand.
(d) Fritz Lafontant.
6. Who secured the future of Partners in Health by securing the $45 million endowment?
(a) Paul Farmer.
(b) Jim Yong Kim.
(c) Tracy Kidder.
7. Who is Alex Goldfarb?
(a) A Doctor with the World Health Organization.
(b) A Russian microbiologist.
(c) Tom White's representative.
(d) The schoolmaster in Cange.
8. What symptoms of TB did the patient named Joe exhibit in 1999?
(a) High fever and cough.
(b) Coughing up blood.
(c) Rapid weigh loss and cough.
(d) Fatigue and chest pain.
9. What does Paul Farmer send to Tracy Kidder before returning to Haiti for New Year's Day 2000?
(a) A book.
(b) A child.
(d) A letter.
10. How does Paul Farmer say he was allowed to return to Haiti after being exiled by the junta?
(b) The new regime invited him to return.
(c) A bribe.
(d) He carries a false passport.
11. Who is Arata Kochi?
(a) The head of the Gates Foundation's TB Program.
(b) The head of the World Health Organization's TB program.
(c) A college friend of Paul's who teaches in France.
(d) A fundraiser at a hospital in Paris.
12. Why does the staff at Zanmi Lasante believe the cure rate for Tuberculosis is so low?
(a) The medicine sent to Haiti is tainted.
(b) Patients stop taking the medicine.
(c) It is not TB that is making the people sick.
(d) Haitians are more susceptible to its effects.
13. What type of map does Farmer share with Kidder in the Medicos Aventureros section?
(a) A handdrawn map.
(b) A topographic map.
(c) A resource map.
(d) An epidemiological map.
14. What is true about the drug for Tuberculosis, according to Paul Farmer?
(a) They tend to make children even more ill.
(b) They must be take at regular intervals.
(c) It is a very forgiving drug.
(d) It is easy to misdose the very young and the elderly.
15. What are the names of Paul Farmer's parents?
(a) Ginny and Paul.
(b) Sue and Peter.
(c) Georgia and Tom.
(d) Delilah and Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the South Carolina church invest in for the people of Cange?
2. Where does Father Jack die?
3. What do Alex Goldfarb and Jim Yong Kim argue about at the 1998 Boston Conference?
4. What is the junta suspected of doing in Mirebalais in the first section of the story labeled Dokte Paul?
5. Who does Paul Farmer marry?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)