|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By how much does the cost of TB drugs decrease by the year 2000?
2. Where do Paul and Father Jack first meet?
(a) Brigham and Women's.
(c) A church in Boston.
(d) Zanmi Lasante.
3. What is the name of Paul's thesis?
(a) Contamination in Cange.
(b) Prevention and Poverty.
(c) Infection Disease, Poverty and Prevention.
(d) AIDS and Accusation.
4. What is wrong with the patient named Joe that Dr. Farmer learns about in 1999?
(a) He has digestive problems.
(b) He is HIV posititve and an addict.
(c) His lungs are not fully formed.
(d) He is a diabetic.
5. Where did Paul Farmer first attend college on a full scholarship?
(a) Duke University.
(b) Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
(c) Boston College.
(d) Notre Dame.
6. Who is Arata Kochi?
(a) A fundraiser at a hospital in Paris.
(b) A college friend of Paul's who teaches in France.
(c) The head of the World Health Organization's TB program.
(d) The head of the Gates Foundation's TB Program.
7. What is MDR TB?
(a) Muscular diabetic tuberculosis.
(b) Multidrug resistant tuberculosis.
(c) Muscular dystrophic tuberculosis.
(d) Multiple disease related tuberculosis.
8. What happens to the Peru branch of Partners in Health as a result of the civil war?
(a) The pharmacy is bombed.
(b) The entire facility is set on fire.
(c) The facility is moved into a local church.
(d) Construction is halted.
9. What is the name of the Partners in Health facility in Peru?
(a) Amigos para Salud.
(b) Medico Soluciones Peru.
(c) Soluciones Sanitarias.
(d) Socios en Salud.
10. What does the South Carolina church invest in for the people of Cange?
(a) Antibacterial soap.
(b) Wood to build out houses.
(c) Material for new roofs.
(d) Water spigots.
11. What other diseases are the patients that Paul Farmer sees in Haiti very likely to have in conjunction with Tuberculosis, according to comments in Medicos Aventureros?
(a) Scarlett Fever and Sepsis.
(b) Typhoid and Rheumatism.
(c) Dysentry and Malaria.
(d) HIV and AIDS.
12. How old is Paul Farmer when he and Tracy Kidder first meet?
13. Who arranges for Paul Farmer and his wife to vacation in France while he is recovering from his illness?
(a) Alex Goldfab.
(b) Didi Bertrand.
(c) Fritz Lafontant.
14. Where does Paul Farmer invite Tracy Kidder just before New Year's Day 2000?
(a) To a fundraising event.
(b) To his home.
(c) To Coffee.
(d) To Haiti.
15. What are the names of Paul Farmer's parents?
(a) Georgia and Tom.
(b) Delilah and Hugo.
(c) Sue and Peter.
(d) Ginny and Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school does Paul Farmer get his medical degree from?
2. Who is Ophelia Dahl?
3. Who is Jean Bertrand-Aristide?
4. Where do Paul Farmer and Jim Yong Kim get many of the drugs for their facility in Peru?
5. What do the people of Cange use as roofs on their homes when Paul first visits?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)