|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Paul's knee shattered in 1988?
(a) He is in a collapsing building.
(b) He is in a plane crash.
(c) He is attacked.
(d) He is hit by a car.
2. Who is Ophelia Dahl?
(a) The administrator of a hospital in Haiti.
(b) Tom White's sister.
(c) A reporter in Boston.
(d) A rich daughter of a famous actress.
3. What happens in Haitian politics in 1990?
(a) Fritz Lafontant is elected president.
(b) Baby Doc Duvalier takes over.
(c) Jean Bertrand-Aristide is elected president.
(d) The Haitian government takes over.
4. What does Paul Farmer send to Tracy Kidder before returning to Haiti for New Year's Day 2000?
(a) A book.
(b) A child.
(d) A letter.
5. What is MDR TB?
(a) Muscular diabetic tuberculosis.
(b) Muscular dystrophic tuberculosis.
(c) Multidrug resistant tuberculosis.
(d) Multiple disease related tuberculosis.
6. Who is Senora Brigada?
(a) A patient with MDR TB.
(b) A Peruvian scientist.
(c) A hospital administrator.
(d) A Pervuian heiress.
7. What school does Paul Farmer get his medical degree from?
(a) University of Texas.
(d) Boston University.
8. Where does Father Jack die?
9. What is true about the drug for Tuberculosis, according to Paul Farmer?
(a) They tend to make children even more ill.
(b) It is a very forgiving drug.
(c) It is easy to misdose the very young and the elderly.
(d) They must be take at regular intervals.
10. What symptoms of TB did the patient named Joe exhibit in 1999?
(a) High fever and cough.
(b) Rapid weigh loss and cough.
(c) Fatigue and chest pain.
(d) Coughing up blood.
11. What does "ID" refer to when Paul Farmer refers to his patients in 1999?
(a) Infectious disease.
(b) Inferior diabetes.
(c) Irrigational diverticulitous.
(d) Infant deaths.
12. Who brings Partners in Health to Peru?
(a) Senora Brigada.
(c) Jim Yong Kim.
(d) Father Jack.
13. Where was Paul Farmer raised?
(a) In his Grandma's house.
(b) On army bases all over the world.
(c) In a trailer park, boat, and bus in America.
(d) On a farm in Nebraska.
14. Why does the staff at Zanmi Lasante believe the cure rate for Tuberculosis is so low?
(a) Haitians are more susceptible to its effects.
(b) The medicine sent to Haiti is tainted.
(c) It is not TB that is making the people sick.
(d) Patients stop taking the medicine.
15. What disease does Paul contract on his first visit to Cange?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of map does Farmer share with Kidder in the Medicos Aventureros section?
2. Who provides the funding to bring Partners in Health to Peru?
3. What disease is Paul Farmer diagnosed with after marrying in 1996?
4. How is Zanmi Lasante funded?
5. What does Paul Farmer give the patient Joe for Christmas?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)