|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides the funding to bring Partners in Health to Peru?
(a) Didi Bertrand.
(b) Senora Brigada.
(c) Tom White.
(d) Ophelia's father.
2. What is Tracy Kidder's job in 1994?
3. What happens in Haitian politics in 1990?
(a) Fritz Lafontant is elected president.
(b) Baby Doc Duvalier takes over.
(c) The Haitian government takes over.
(d) Jean Bertrand-Aristide is elected president.
4. Where does Paul Farmer first encounter Haitian people?
(a) From his Aunt Lillian.
(b) From his grandmother.
(c) On his first visit to Cange.
(d) Where he helps to pick citrus.
5. What does Paul Farmer send to Tracy Kidder before returning to Haiti for New Year's Day 2000?
(a) A child.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
6. Who brings Partners in Health to Peru?
(a) Jim Yong Kim.
(b) Father Jack.
(c) Senora Brigada.
7. Where was Paul Farmer raised?
(a) In a trailer park, boat, and bus in America.
(b) On a farm in Nebraska.
(c) In his Grandma's house.
(d) On army bases all over the world.
8. What is DOTS?
(a) Paul Farmer's recommended approach for curing TB.
(b) The traditional regimen for treating resistant TB.
(c) A fund raising organization based in Boston.
(d) A sister facilty to Partners in Health.
9. How does Father Jack die?
(a) MDR TB.
(b) Colon Cancer.
(c) A car accident.
10. What is the name of the Partners in Health facility in Peru?
(a) Socios en Salud.
(b) Amigos para Salud.
(c) Medico Soluciones Peru.
(d) Soluciones Sanitarias.
11. What role does Ophelia play in Paul's efforts to help the people of Haiti?
(a) She spreads to word of his efforts via the Boston Globe.
(b) She works with Partners in Health.
(c) She funds his efforts.
(d) She drives Haitians from outlying regions to Paul's facility.
12. What does Paul Farmer switch his major from when he enters Harvard Medical School?
(b) Computer science.
(c) Research science.
13. What is true of the cure for Tuberculosis in Haiti at the beginning of the Medicos Aventureros section?
(a) It's only available in city hospitals.
(b) It is not the correct type of drug for this strain of illness.
(c) The government has intercepted the shipment.
(d) It's not available anywhere in the country.
14. What is ti kay?
(a) A good luck ornament.
(b) A small boat.
(c) A small house.
(d) The Haitian word for medicine.
15. How old is Paul Farmer when he and Tracy Kidder first meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Partners in Health?
2. Why did the people that Paul Farmer work with in Haiti lose their farms?
3. What is wrong with the patient named Joe that Dr. Farmer learns about in 1999?
4. What is Ophelia's nickname for Paul Farmer?
5. Why is Paul Farmer frustrated when he first meets Tracy Kidder?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)