|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Paul work when he first goes to Haiti?
(a) Artibonte Clinique.
(b) Cange Care Haiti.
(c) Dahl Croix Medical.
(d) Eye Care Haiti.
2. Who is Fritz Lafontant?
(a) A priest.
(b) A migrant worker.
(c) A scientist.
(d) A millionaire.
3. What is true of Tom White?
(a) He is a millionaire.
(b) He is a missionary.
(c) He is marries Ophelia.
(d) He is dying.
4. What organization, in addition to the World Health Organization, does Paul Farmer present his MDR TB findings to after meeting Senora Brigada?
(a) The Gates Foundation.
(c) International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
(d) Doctors without Borders.
5. Where does Paul Farmer first encounter Haitian people?
(a) On his first visit to Cange.
(b) From his grandmother.
(c) From his Aunt Lillian.
(d) Where he helps to pick citrus.
6. What happens to the Peru branch of Partners in Health as a result of the civil war?
(a) The entire facility is set on fire.
(b) The facility is moved into a local church.
(c) The pharmacy is bombed.
(d) Construction is halted.
7. Who is Jean Bertrand-Aristide?
(a) A soldier who is befriended by Paul.
(b) A reporter who writes about Zanmi Lasante.
(c) A priest and friend of Paul's.
(d) Ophelia's husband.
8. Why did the people that Paul Farmer work with in Haiti lose their farms?
(a) Heavy rains ruined the farmlands.
(b) A dam flooded the farmlands.
(c) A drought killed the crops.
(d) Years of poor farming killed the soil.
9. Who does Paul Farmer marry?
10. Where is Zanmi Lasante located?
(a) Peligre, Haiti.
(b) Kay Epin, Haiti.
(c) Carabaylllo, Haiti.
(d) Cange, Haiti.
11. What symptoms of TB did the patient named Joe exhibit in 1999?
(a) Rapid weigh loss and cough.
(b) Fatigue and chest pain.
(c) Coughing up blood.
(d) High fever and cough.
12. Who is Ophelia Dahl?
(a) Tom White's sister.
(b) The administrator of a hospital in Haiti.
(c) A reporter in Boston.
(d) A rich daughter of a famous actress.
13. Who is Alex Goldfarb?
(a) Tom White's representative.
(b) A Doctor with the World Health Organization.
(c) A Russian microbiologist.
(d) The schoolmaster in Cange.
14. What is the name of the clinic founded by Paul Farmer in Haiti?
(a) Ti Kay Dokte.
(b) Artibonte Clinic.
(c) Junta Haiti.
(d) Zanmi Lasante.
15. What are the names of Paul Farmer's parents?
(a) Sue and Peter.
(b) Ginny and Paul.
(c) Georgia and Tom.
(d) Delilah and Hugo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the South Carolina church invest in for the people of Cange?
2. Where was Paul Farmer raised?
3. What job did Paul hold while living in France?
4. What is the junta suspected of doing in Mirebalais in the first section of the story labeled Dokte Paul?
5. Why is Paul Farmer frustrated when he first meets Tracy Kidder?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)