|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Light Month for Travel, pages 179-238.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Paul and Jim in the beginning of the A Light Month for Travel section?
(a) The have less financial pressure and too much time on their hands.
(b) Both suffer deaths in their families.
(c) They have to much to do and too little time.
(d) Both have contracted illnesses.
2. Who does Paul Farmer say the only men on Haiti who experience economic stability are?
(a) Politicians and poachers.
(b) Military dictators.
(c) Doctors and foreigners.
(d) Soldiers and truck drivers.
3. Who secured the future of Partners in Health by securing the $45 million endowment?
(a) Tracy Kidder.
(b) Paul Farmer.
(c) Jim Yong Kim.
4. Where do Paul Farmer and Jim Yong Kim get many of the drugs for their facility in Peru?
(a) The French Government.
(b) Kay Epin.
(c) Arata Kochi.
(d) Brigham and Women's.
5. Where was Paul Farmer raised?
(a) On a farm in Nebraska.
(b) On army bases all over the world.
(c) In his Grandma's house.
(d) In a trailer park, boat, and bus in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does the book say that Paul Farmer struggled with?
2. What is true about the drug for Tuberculosis, according to Paul Farmer?
3. Who arranges for Paul Farmer and his wife to vacation in France while he is recovering from his illness?
4. What does Paul Farmer begin to do in the late 1990s, according to A Light Month for Travel?
5. What is the name of Paul's thesis?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)