|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Light Month for Travel, pages 179-238.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul Farmer tell Tracy Kidder that he can't slow down a pace he knows is much too fast?
(a) He's afraid Catherine will be disappointed in him.
(b) He's chasing a moving goal.
(c) He's afraid someone will die needlessly.
(d) He can't seem to locate the brake.
2. Where does Paul Farmer invite Tracy Kidder just before New Year's Day 2000?
(a) To Coffee.
(b) To a fundraising event.
(c) To his home.
(d) To Haiti.
3. Who does Paul Farmer say the only men on Haiti who experience economic stability are?
(a) Politicians and poachers.
(b) Military dictators.
(c) Soldiers and truck drivers.
(d) Doctors and foreigners.
4. Who funds Kay Epin?
(b) Tom White.
(c) Jim Yong Kim.
(d) Ophelia's father.
5. How is Paul involved with the TB projects in Peru and Russia in the late 1990s?
(a) He is a fundraiser only.
(b) He is an advisor.
(c) He runs both projects.
(d) He is not; both are independent of Partners in Health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tracy Kidder in Haiti in 1994?
2. What role does Ophelia play in Paul's efforts to help the people of Haiti?
3. What job did Paul hold while living in France?
4. Who is Jean Bertrand-Aristide?
5. Who provides the funding to bring Partners in Health to Peru?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)