|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Light Month for Travel, pages 179-238.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul Farmer give the patient Joe for Christmas?
(d) A headstone.
2. Why did the people that Paul Farmer work with in Haiti lose their farms?
(a) Heavy rains ruined the farmlands.
(b) Years of poor farming killed the soil.
(c) A drought killed the crops.
(d) A dam flooded the farmlands.
3. What does the book say Paul Farmer earned a reputation for by the late 1990s?
(a) His fundraising-by-guilt tactics.
(b) A relentless lobbyist for the poor.
(c) His unorthodox epidemiological views.
(d) A specialist in the field of TB.
4. Why does Paul Farmer tell Tracy Kidder that he can't slow down a pace he knows is much too fast?
(a) He's chasing a moving goal.
(b) He can't seem to locate the brake.
(c) He's afraid Catherine will be disappointed in him.
(d) He's afraid someone will die needlessly.
5. What organization supports the creation of generic version of TB drugs, beside the World Health Organization, according to the Medicos Aventureros section?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) Internation Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease.
(d) Doctors without Borders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fritz Lafontant give Paul Farmer permission to do in Cange?
2. What is the junta suspected of doing in Mirebalais in the first section of the story labeled Dokte Paul?
3. Who is Senora Brigada?
4. What is true of the cure for Tuberculosis in Haiti at the beginning of the Medicos Aventureros section?
5. Why doesn't Paul return to Haiti in September of 1991?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)