|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through O for the P, pages 238-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the communication between Paul Farmer and Jim Yong Kim after receiving the Gates endowment?
(a) They communicate by email but do not speak.
(b) Their communication is strained, and they pass messages through Ophelia.
(c) They communicated daily but are rarely together.
(d) They see each other monthly.
2. What does Paul Farmer begin to do in the late 1990s, according to A Light Month for Travel?
(a) Visit Washington, DC monthly.
(b) Train a successor.
(c) Speak and teach.
(d) Spend more time with his family.
3. Why does Paul Farmer tell Tracy Kidder that he can't slow down a pace he knows is much too fast?
(a) He's afraid Catherine will be disappointed in him.
(b) He's chasing a moving goal.
(c) He can't seem to locate the brake.
(d) He's afraid someone will die needlessly.
4. What is true of Paul and Jim in the beginning of the A Light Month for Travel section?
(a) The have less financial pressure and too much time on their hands.
(b) Both suffer deaths in their families.
(c) Both have contracted illnesses.
(d) They have to much to do and too little time.
5. What is the junta suspected of doing in Mirebalais in the first section of the story labeled Dokte Paul?
(a) Beheading an official.
(b) Burning a school.
(c) Blocking aid and food supplies.
(d) Bombing a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul Farmer invite Tracy Kidder just before New Year's Day 2000?
2. What does Fritz Lafontant give Paul Farmer permission to do in Cange?
3. What organization, in addition to the World Health Organization, does Paul Farmer present his MDR TB findings to after meeting Senora Brigada?
4. What is the name of the hospital where Paul Farmer works four months out of the year?
5. What organization supports the creation of generic version of TB drugs, beside the World Health Organization, according to the Medicos Aventureros section?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)