|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through O for the P, pages 238-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Alex Goldfarb?
(a) Tom White's representative.
(b) A Russian microbiologist.
(c) A Doctor with the World Health Organization.
(d) The schoolmaster in Cange.
2. What countries does Paul Farmer approach for assistance with the doctors and money he needs in A Light Month for Travel?
(a) France and the United States.
(b) Cuba and France.
(c) The United States and Peru.
(d) Cuba and Peru.
3. In the O to the P it is said that Paul Farmer was conscious of corporate etiquette but . . .
(a) He wasn't very good at playing that game.
(b) He wasn't paralyzed by it.
(c) He didn't care about it.
(d) He despised corporate niceties.
4. What does the South Carolina church invest in for the people of Cange?
(a) Material for new roofs.
(b) Wood to build out houses.
(c) Water spigots.
(d) Antibacterial soap.
5. What reason is given for the intensity of the Russian TB outbreak?
(a) Lack of running water.
(b) Dilapadated housing.
(c) Backlogged prison systems.
(d) Lack of electricity in rural areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What award does Paul Farmer receive in the summer of 1993?
2. What do Alex Goldfarb and Jim Yong Kim argue about at the 1998 Boston Conference?
3. How did receiving the Gates endowment affect the fund-raising efforts by Partners in Health?
4. How does Father Jack die?
5. What do the people of Cange use as roofs on their homes when Paul first visits?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)