|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through O for the P, pages 238-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are there soldiers in Haiti in 1994?
(a) To maintain a military presence in a peaceful time.
(b) To support the new government from an ousted regime.
(c) To bring aid and food supplies.
(d) To keep peace before the new election.
2. Who is the most substantial donor of Zanmi Lasante?
(a) Tracy Kidder.
(b) Leland Lasante.
(c) Arnold Brigham.
(d) Tom White.
3. What is defined as one of the problems of Haiti in 2000?
(a) Lack of products to export.
(b) Lack of a shared language.
(c) Lack of internal structure.
(d) Lack of a competent work force.
4. Who arranges for Paul Farmer and his wife to vacation in France while he is recovering from his illness?
(a) Fritz Lafontant.
(b) Didi Bertrand.
(c) Alex Goldfab.
5. What does Paul Farmer begin to do in the late 1990s, according to A Light Month for Travel?
(a) Train a successor.
(b) Visit Washington, DC monthly.
(c) Spend more time with his family.
(d) Speak and teach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provides the funding to bring Partners in Health to Peru?
2. How does Paul Farmer say he was allowed to return to Haiti after being exiled by the junta?
3. According to the author, what would Paul Farmer have thought of Jim Young Kim's action at the banquet in Russia?
4. What is true of the Haitian government in 2000, according to Mountains beyond Mountains?
5. What additional treatment does Paul Farmer want to bring to Haiti in A Light Month for Travel?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)