|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through O for the P, pages 238-298.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Doctors from what hospital donate services to help with cases that Paul Farmer sends them that are outside out the Partners in Health budget?
(a) Hospital Nacional Arzobispo Loayza
(b) Massachusetts General Hospital.
(c) Hospital Nacional Hipólito Unanue
(d) Children's Hospital in Boston.
2. Who discovers that many patents on TB drugs are expired and argues for the creation of generic versions?
(a) Paul Farmer.
(b) Arata Kochi.
(d) Jim Yong Kim.
3. What organization, in addition to the World Health Organization, does Paul Farmer present his MDR TB findings to after meeting Senora Brigada?
(a) Doctors without Borders.
(b) International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
(c) The Gates Foundation.
4. What do Paul and the Partners in Health staff say they knew about their goal after receiving the Gates endowment?
(a) That it will take all the funds to meet the goal.
(b) That they will reach their goal well before its deadline.
(c) That they can focus on the goal now that the financial stress is gone.
(d) That it will be a challenge to meet this goal, despite large amounts of money.
5. What other diseases are the patients that Paul Farmer sees in Haiti very likely to have in conjunction with Tuberculosis, according to comments in Medicos Aventureros?
(a) Typhoid and Rheumatism.
(b) Scarlett Fever and Sepsis.
(c) Dysentry and Malaria.
(d) HIV and AIDS.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul Farmer first encounter Haitian people?
2. For what purpose is Partners in Health awarded $45 million by the Gates Foundation?
3. Why doesn't Paul return to Haiti in September of 1991?
4. Where did Paul Farmer first attend college on a full scholarship?
5. Who is Senora Brigada?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)