|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hooded the man's head?
2. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
4. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
5. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the strategy of truth and insincerity in Mountain Language. Discuss how it directs the play and how one is misconstrued for the other, adding another layer of obscurity in people's honesty.
Essay Topic 2
The Old Woman is silent but very present in the play. What does she represent? How strong or influential is she?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "men" in Mountain Language. Discuss their attitudes towards women and their authority. What is Pinter's commentary on men and masculinity?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)