|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
2. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
3. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
5. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Half of the characters in Mountain Language are given names, while the other half are not. Discuss this balance of ambiguity and specificity and how the presence or absence of name defines the character and what they represent.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pinter's message about humanity overall in Mountain Language.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the strategy of truth and insincerity in Mountain Language. Discuss how it directs the play and how one is misconstrued for the other, adding another layer of obscurity in people's honesty.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)