Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
2. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
3. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
5. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use and relevance of modern objects and references in the play.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Mountain Language nothing is resolved. Discuss what is actually occurring at the conclusion of the play, its point, and the change that has occurred.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the strategy of truth and insincerity in Mountain Language. Discuss how it directs the play and how one is misconstrued for the other, adding another layer of obscurity in people's honesty.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)