|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
2. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
3. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
4. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
5. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use and relevance of modern objects and references in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what Sarah Johnson's character reveals about women in the context of the play and its broader statement about humanity.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "men" in Mountain Language. Discuss their attitudes towards women and their authority. What is Pinter's commentary on men and masculinity?
This section contains 169 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)