Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
2. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
3. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
5. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
Essay Topic 1
The Old Woman is silent for the majority of the play. Discuss the themes and statements that arise through her silence.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what characterizes Pinter's style and how it aids or defines the attitude of the play.
Essay Topic 3
The officers attempt to be cruel and belittle the women and prisoners in the play. Discuss the success and failure of intimidation in the play and how it reflects the character and what he/she represents.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)