|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
2. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
3. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
5. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the capital signifies: how it defines general humanity and society and what it represents.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Mountain Language nothing is resolved. Discuss what is actually occurring at the conclusion of the play, its point, and the change that has occurred.
Essay Topic 3
There are elements of the setting (both time and physical) that are very concrete or very abstract. Discuss this use of ambiguous setting to develop an explanation Pinter's goal in using this type of setting.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)