|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule has changed in Act 4?
2. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
3. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
4. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
5. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the capital signifies: how it defines general humanity and society and what it represents.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the strategy of truth and insincerity in Mountain Language. Discuss how it directs the play and how one is misconstrued for the other, adding another layer of obscurity in people's honesty.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "men" in Mountain Language. Discuss their attitudes towards women and their authority. What is Pinter's commentary on men and masculinity?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)