|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
2. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
3. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
4. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
5. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although these women are faithful to the men in their families, the men are the helpless ones and, comparatively, they have all the authority. Discuss the ruptured nature of the patriarchal family system in Mountain Language.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Pinter's message about humanity overall in Mountain Language.
Essay Topic 3
Many hateful comments by the officers are more absurd than anything. Discuss the commentary on "hate" through its coupling with absurdity in the play.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)