|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
3. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
4. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
5. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although all the characters in Mountain Language are opposites, each shares some similar element (either in attitude or family). Discuss and compare the characters of the play to find the meaning in their similarities.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Mountain Language nothing is resolved. Discuss what is actually occurring at the conclusion of the play, its point, and the change that has occurred.
Essay Topic 3
The officers constantly try to manipulate the women and prisoners to get what they want and exert authority. Discuss how much of the play is developed by characters' tricks and whether or not the tricks and games have their desired outcome.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)