|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the new rule in place?
2. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
3. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
4. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
5. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the use and relevance of modern objects and references in the play.
Essay Topic 2
At the end of Mountain Language nothing is resolved. Discuss what is actually occurring at the conclusion of the play, its point, and the change that has occurred.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "men" in Mountain Language. Discuss their attitudes towards women and their authority. What is Pinter's commentary on men and masculinity?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)