|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
2. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
3. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
5. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of Mountain Language nothing is resolved. Discuss what is actually occurring at the conclusion of the play, its point, and the change that has occurred.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the capital signifies: how it defines general humanity and society and what it represents.
Essay Topic 3
Language among the characters is a key tool. The officers use curse words to intimidate the women, while the women are forbidden to speak mountain language. Discuss the dilemma that language use brings to the play and its significance.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)