|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
2. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
3. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
4. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
5. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The officers constantly try to manipulate the women and prisoners to get what they want and exert authority. Discuss how much of the play is developed by characters' tricks and whether or not the tricks and games have their desired outcome.
Essay Topic 2
Although all the characters in Mountain Language are opposites, each shares some similar element (either in attitude or family). Discuss and compare the characters of the play to find the meaning in their similarities.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "men" in Mountain Language. Discuss their attitudes towards women and their authority. What is Pinter's commentary on men and masculinity?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)