|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
2. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
3. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
5. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Half of the characters in Mountain Language are given names, while the other half are not. Discuss this balance of ambiguity and specificity and how the presence or absence of name defines the character and what they represent.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what characterizes Pinter's style and how it aids or defines the attitude of the play.
Essay Topic 3
The officers attempt to be cruel and belittle the women and prisoners in the play. Discuss the success and failure of intimidation in the play and how it reflects the character and what he/she represents.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)