|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
2. Who hooded the man's head?
3. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
4. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
5. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of Mountain Language nothing is resolved. Discuss what is actually occurring at the conclusion of the play, its point, and the change that has occurred.
Essay Topic 2
The Old Woman is silent but very present in the play. What does she represent? How strong or influential is she?
Essay Topic 3
There are elements of the setting (both time and physical) that are very concrete or very abstract. Discuss this use of ambiguous setting to develop an explanation Pinter's goal in using this type of setting.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)