|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(d) Taps her toes.
2. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(b) That something smells bad.
(c) That his dinner was cold.
(d) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
3. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's being attacked.
(b) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(c) She had a nightmare.
(d) She's very frustrated.
4. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) An authority at the prison.
(b) A prisoner's son.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A legendary figure.
5. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Wrap him in a blanket.
(b) Beg for his release.
(d) Give him food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
2. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
3. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
4. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
5. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)