|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She's bored.
(b) She wants money.
(c) She's concerned for her husband.
(d) She wants to impress him.
2. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How life is in the prison.
(b) How to find a lawyer.
(c) How to get her husband released.
(d) How to file a complaint.
3. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Give him food.
(b) Beg for his release.
(d) Wrap him in a blanket.
4. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That something smells bad.
(b) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(c) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(d) That his dinner was cold.
5. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) Until further notice.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) For the day.
(d) For good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule has changed in Act 4?
2. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
3. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
4. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
5. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)