|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's very frustrated.
(b) She's being attacked.
(c) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(d) She had a nightmare.
2. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That his dinner was cold.
(b) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(c) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(d) That something smells bad.
3. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
4. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's maintaining her dignity.
(b) She's mad at him.
(c) She can't hear him.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
5. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) Her punishment may be severe.
(b) She can speak to her son.
(c) She can leave.
(d) She can stay longer.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
2. How long is the new rule in place?
3. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
4. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
5. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)