|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can stay longer.
(b) She can leave.
(c) Her punishment may be severe.
(d) She can speak to her son.
2. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) No problem.
(b) Too late.
(c) Absolutely not!
(d) You're crazy.
3. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) New York.
(b) The prison.
(c) The movies.
(d) My hometown.
4. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Give him food.
(b) Wrap him in a blanket.
(d) Beg for his release.
5. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Book club.
(c) Social gathering.
(d) Funeral procession.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
2. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
3. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
4. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
5. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)