|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They hate the capital.
(b) They hate their mothers.
(c) They are very tall.
(d) They're both married.
2. How many kids does the guard have?
3. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
(b) Is your problem?
(d) Is it now?
4. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
5. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The guard.
(b) No one.
(c) The Prisoner.
(d) The Young Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
2. Who instituted the new language outlaw?
3. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
4. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
5. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Old Woman and her son's relationship like?
2. What is the Young Woman's first complaint to the Officer?
3. What is the guard's attitude toward the Old Woman and her son?
4. How separate is the Old Woman from the other characters in Act 2?
5. Why are the rules for dogs absurd in Act 1?
6. What is the Young Woman's second complaint to the Officer?
7. What will happen to these characters after the conclusion of Act 2?
8. How does Act 3 reflect Act 2?
9. Why doesn't the Old Woman help her son?
10. Why are the women's husbands in prison? How can you infer this?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)