|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A bag.
(b) A baby.
(c) Her own hand.
(d) An animal.
2. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
(a) The police.
(b) His baby.
(c) An old friend.
(d) A tax collector.
3. The officers are meant to represent:
(b) The capital.
(c) Poor people.
4. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
5. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
(a) Is it now?
(c) Is your problem?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
2. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
3. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
4. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
5. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Sarah and Charly communicate in Act 3?
2. Why is the prisoner trembling at the beginning of Act 4?
3. Why does the Officer become angry with the women when he asks their names?
4. Why is Charly wearing a hood?
5. Why does the guard have a hostile attitude toward the Old Woman and the son?
6. Who is the most helpless character in Act 2?
7. In Act 4, why is the Old Woman still silent?
8. What is the significance of language in Act 4?
9. How separate is the Old Woman from the other characters in Act 2?
10. Why is the Sergeant annoyed when he enters in Act 3?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)