|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language is outlawed?
(a) The capital's.
(b) Mountain language.
2. What can't the Old Woman do?
(a) Follow orders.
(c) Speak the official language.
3. How many kids does the guard have?
4. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) She is old.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is not paying attention.
(d) The guard is speaking softly.
5. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
2. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
3. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
4. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
5. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the prisoner a "joker?"
2. Is the Old Woman brave?
3. Why do the Old Woman and her son have the opportunity to talk?
4. Does the guard have the same attitude in Act 4 as in Act 2?
5. Which rule(s) have changed in Act 4?
6. Why doesn't the Old Woman speak in Act 1?
7. What is the Old Woman and her son's relationship like?
8. What is the guard's attitude toward the Old Woman and her son?
9. Where are the Old Woman and her son in Act 3?
10. Is Sarah surprised to see her husband?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)