|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She makes taunting noises.
(b) She gives a false name.
(c) She gives her name.
(d) She says she's already given it.
2. The "official" language is spoken where?
(d) The capital.
3. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(d) A dozen.
4. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(c) A question.
5. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
2. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
3. How do the Old Woman and the prisoner communicate?
4. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
5. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the Old Woman brave?
2. Although the women have not committed a crime, what is their "crime?"
3. Where is Sarah Johnson during Act 2?
4. Why are the women's husbands in prison? How can you infer this?
5. What will happen to these characters after the conclusion of Act 2?
6. Why does the Officer move closer to the women in Act 1?
7. What is the Young Woman's second complaint to the Officer?
8. Why doesn't the Old Woman speak in Act 1?
9. What is the Old Woman and her son's relationship like?
10. What do the soldiers represent?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)