|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
(a) She is telling her son how to escape.
(b) She 's cursing the capital.
(c) She is getting sassy.
(d) She is speaking mountain language.
2. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
(b) A dozen.
3. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
(a) The officers.
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) No one.
4. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A bag.
(b) An animal.
(c) Her own hand.
(d) A baby.
5. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Old Woman say is waiting for the prisoner?
2. What language is outlawed?
3. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
4. Why does the guard harbor an attitude against the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
5. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the Sergeant generally apologetic that Sarah is in the room?
2. Which rule(s) have changed in Act 4?
3. Who is Joseph Dokes?
4. What is the Young Woman's second complaint to the Officer?
5. Where is Sarah Johnson during Act 2?
6. Why are the women's husbands in prison? How can you infer this?
7. Are mountain people well respected in Mountain Language?
8. Does the Old Woman follow the new rule in Act 4?
9. What will happen to these characters after the conclusion of Act 2?
10. Is the Young Woman (Sarah Johnson) from the mountains? How does this affect the soldiers?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)