|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(b) A son.
(c) A stomachache.
(d) A question.
2. How do the Old Woman and the prisoner communicate?
(a) By voice-over.
(b) Morse code.
(c) In sign language.
(d) Through their minds.
3. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That it's cold.
(b) That he's mean.
(c) That the prisoner is treated badly.
(d) That the Old Woman can't understand.
4. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. How many kids does the guard have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
2. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
3. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
4. What time is it in Act 1?
5. What is next to the Old Woman at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Sergeant make his final comment?
2. Although the women have not committed a crime, what is their "crime?"
3. Why does Sarah Johnson look like an "intellectual?"
4. What is the Officer's attitude towards women?
5. What is the Young Woman's first complaint to the Officer?
6. What will happen to these characters after the conclusion of Act 2?
7. Where is Sarah Johnson during Act 2?
8. Who is the Sergeant referring to in his last line in Act 4 where he says "these people?"
9. Can the Old Woman understand the language of the capital?
10. Who is in control at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)