|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
2. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) A voice off-stage.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) The Officer.
3. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To give him food.
(b) To speak the official language.
(c) To leave.
(d) To stop flirting with the guards.
4. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
5. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(d) A question.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
2. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
3. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
4. The Sergeant observes that the Young Woman looks like a(n) ________.
5. What can't the Old Woman do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the soldiers represent?
2. Is the Young Woman (Sarah Johnson) from the mountains? How does this affect the soldiers?
3. Why are the rules changing?
4. Why do the Old Woman and her son have the opportunity to talk?
5. Why does Sarah attempt to negotiate with the Sergeant?
6. What is the Young Woman's second complaint to the Officer?
7. What is the guard's attitude toward the Old Woman and her son?
8. Where is Sarah Johnson during Act 2?
9. Is the Sergeant generally apologetic that Sarah is in the room?
10. Why are the two women at the prison?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)