|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(b) No one.
(c) The officers.
(d) The Old Woman.
2. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
3. What time is it in Act 1?
(a) 7 PM.
(d) 5 PM.
4. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
(a) The officers aren't being very nice.
(b) There are no benches to sit on.
(c) The Old Woman's hand is injured.
(d) A very rude man won't leave her alone.
5. The officers are meant to represent:
(a) The capital.
(d) Poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
2. Which guard dog bit the Old Woman?
3. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
4. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
5. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Sarah surprised to see her husband?
2. What is the significance of the names "Sarah" and "Charly"?
3. Why are the two women at the prison?
4. Why are the rules for dogs absurd in Act 1?
5. Why does the Sergeant make his final comment?
6. Why does Sarah Johnson look like an "intellectual?"
7. Is the Old Woman brave?
8. Why are the rules changing?
9. Why does the guard prod the Old Woman with a stick as she talks to her son?
10. Why is the Sergeant annoyed when he enters in Act 3?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)