|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They hate their mothers.
(b) They are very tall.
(c) They're both married.
(d) They hate the capital.
2. How many kids does the guard have?
3. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Why are the women's husbands in prison?
(a) For murder.
(c) For robbery.
(d) They've been falsely accused.
5. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
2. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
3. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
4. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
5. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
Short Essay Questions
1. What will happen to these characters after the conclusion of Act 2?
2. Why are the women's husbands in prison? How can you infer this?
3. Why does the Officer become angry with the women when he asks their names?
4. What is the guard's attitude toward the Old Woman and her son?
5. Why are the rules for dogs absurd in Act 1?
6. What is the significance of language in Act 4?
7. How does Act 3 reflect Act 2?
8. Why does the guard have a hostile attitude toward the Old Woman and the son?
9. In Act 4, why is the Old Woman still silent?
10. What is the family of the prisoner in Act 2 like?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)