|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(b) A question.
2. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) The Officer.
(c) A voice off-stage.
(d) The Sergeant.
3. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
4. How many kids does the guard have?
5. The officers are meant to represent:
(a) The capital.
(b) Poor people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
2. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
3. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Why does the guard jab the Old Woman?
5. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the guard prod the Old Woman with a stick as she talks to her son?
2. Why does Sarah Johnson look like an "intellectual?"
3. How do Sarah and Charly communicate in Act 3?
4. Does the guard have the same attitude in Act 4 as in Act 2?
5. Is Sarah surprised to see her husband?
6. Why does the Sergeant make his final comment?
7. Why is the prisoner trembling at the beginning of Act 4?
8. Where is Sarah Johnson during Act 2?
9. Why are the rules for dogs absurd in Act 1?
10. What is the Young Woman's second complaint to the Officer?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)