|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
(a) The other women at the gate are pushy.
(b) Her husband refuses to see her.
(c) There is nowhere to sit.
(d) They've been waiting a long time.
2. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They're both married.
(b) They are very tall.
(c) They hate the capital.
(d) They hate their mothers.
3. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
4. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
(a) She was summoned.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) He's very ill.
5. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) A voice off-stage.
(b) The Officer.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) The Sergeant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
2. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
3. How many children does the prisoner have?
4. Dog's must ______ themselves before biting.
5. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Sarah care about her husband?
2. How does the Sergeant describe the gathering at the beginning of Act 3? Why?
3. Why are the rules for dogs absurd in Act 1?
4. Why are the women's husbands in prison? How can you infer this?
5. Is the Young Woman (Sarah Johnson) from the mountains? How does this affect the soldiers?
6. Why is the prisoner a "joker?"
7. Why is Charly wearing a hood?
8. Why are the two women at the prison?
9. What do the soldiers represent?
10. What is the significance of language in Act 4?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)