|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
2. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Officer.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) A voice off-stage.
3. What does the guard use to jab the Old Woman?
(a) A stick.
(b) A knife.
(c) A fork.
(d) A gun.
4. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) The guard whispers.
(b) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
(c) The guard is inarticulate.
(d) They don't speak the same language.
5. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Prisoner.
(b) The guard.
(c) No one.
(d) The Young Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
2. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
3. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
4. What kind of dog bit the Old Woman?
5. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the Sergeant generally apologetic that Sarah is in the room?
2. Does the Old Woman follow the new rule in Act 4?
3. Who is Joseph Dokes?
4. How separate is the Old Woman from the other characters in Act 2?
5. Why is the prisoner a "joker?"
6. What is the relevance of the voice-over in Act 2?
7. What is the Young Woman's first complaint to the Officer?
8. Who is the most helpless character in Act 2?
9. Can the Old Woman understand the language of the capital?
10. Is Sarah surprised to see her husband?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)