|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
2. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
(a) Because he's a very serious criminal.
(b) Because he's rich.
(c) Because he's not from the mountains.
(d) Because he's married.
3. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) The Prisoner.
(b) The Young Woman.
(c) No one.
(d) The guard.
4. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That he's mean.
(b) That the Old Woman can't understand.
(c) That the prisoner is treated badly.
(d) That it's cold.
5. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To stop flirting with the guards.
(b) To speak the official language.
(c) To give him food.
(d) To leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
2. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
3. What is the Young Woman's first complaint?
4. What is the Young Woman's second complaint?
5. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Young Woman's second complaint to the Officer?
2. Why does the Officer become angry with the women when he asks their names?
3. Why does Sarah attempt to negotiate with the Sergeant?
4. What is the Officer's attitude towards women?
5. How does the Old Woman communicate with her son?
6. Where is Sarah Johnson during Act 2?
7. Does the Old Woman follow the new rule in Act 4?
8. Which rule(s) have changed in Act 4?
9. What is the Old Woman and her son's relationship like?
10. In Act 4, why is the Old Woman still silent?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)