|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characterizes the Prisoner's family?
2. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She gives her name.
(b) She says she's already given it.
(c) She makes taunting noises.
(d) She gives a false name.
3. What time did the women arrive at the prison?
(b) 5 PM.
(c) 9 AM.
(d) 7 AM.
4. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
(a) The officers.
(b) No one.
(c) The Old Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
2. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
3. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
4. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
5. Who does the Young Woman complain to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the most helpless character in Act 2?
2. Why are the rules changing?
3. Why does the guard prod the Old Woman with a stick as she talks to her son?
4. Why is Charly wearing a hood?
5. Why doesn't the Old Woman speak in Act 1?
6. What is the Young Woman's second complaint to the Officer?
7. Why are the women's husbands in prison? How can you infer this?
8. What is the significance of language in Act 4?
9. Although the women have not committed a crime, what is their "crime?"
10. Who is the Sergeant referring to in his last line in Act 4 where he says "these people?"
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)