|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) The Sergeant.
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) The Officer.
(d) A voice off-stage.
2. How many kids does the guard have?
3. What is the guard's attitude towards the Old Woman and the Prisoner?
4. What kind of dog bit the Old Woman?
(a) A Golden Retriever.
(b) A Pit Bull.
(c) A Dobermann Pinscher.
(d) A Poodle.
5. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
2. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
3. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
4. Why is the Officer so irritated at the beginning of Act 1?
5. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charly wearing a hood?
2. How separate is the Old Woman from the other characters in Act 2?
3. What is the relevance of the voice-over in Act 2?
4. Why doesn't the Old Woman help her son?
5. What do the soldiers represent?
6. How does the Sergeant describe the gathering at the beginning of Act 3? Why?
7. Why is the prisoner trembling at the beginning of Act 4?
8. Why do the Old Woman and her son have the opportunity to talk?
9. What is the family of the prisoner in Act 2 like?
10. Why are the rules for dogs absurd in Act 1?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)