|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Prisoner called a joker?
(a) He's not very intelligent.
(b) He talked back to the guard.
(c) He says ridiculous things.
(d) He tells good jokes.
2. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
(a) A son.
(b) A stomachache.
(c) A question.
3. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) They're old friends.
(b) He's her husband.
(c) He's her son.
(d) She's his lawyer.
4. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
(b) A heart.
5. The Prisoner says the Old Woman understand the guard's orders because:
(a) The guard is speaking softly.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is old.
(d) She is not paying attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Young Woman's husband "in the wrong batch?"
2. The Young Woman does not speak ________.
3. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
4. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
5. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Officer become angry with the women when he asks their names?
2. Can the Old Woman understand the language of the capital?
3. Who is the Sergeant referring to in his last line in Act 4 where he says "these people?"
4. What does the Old Woman communicate through her silence in Act 4?
5. In Act 4, why is the Old Woman still silent?
6. What is the Officer's attitude towards women?
7. Does the Old Woman follow the new rule in Act 4?
8. Who is the most helpless character in Act 2?
9. Why does the Sergeant make his final comment?
10. Who is in control at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)