|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
2. Who is behind the Old Woman on stage at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) No one.
(b) The Young Woman.
(c) The guard.
(d) The Prisoner.
3. How many characters are present on stage at the beginning of Act 1?
4. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) A voice off-stage.
(b) The Sergeant.
(c) The Officer.
(d) The Old Woman.
5. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
2. In what country does "Mountain Language" take place?
3. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
4. The Officer says the women are _______ people.
5. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Sarah Johnson during Act 2?
2. Why are the women's husbands in prison? How can you infer this?
3. Why does the guard prod the Old Woman with a stick as she talks to her son?
4. Did the Sergeant try to help the prisoner?
5. How does the Old Woman communicate with her son?
6. What is the family of the prisoner in Act 2 like?
7. Why are the two women at the prison?
8. Is Sarah surprised to see her husband?
9. Why is the prisoner a "joker?"
10. How do Sarah and Charly communicate in Act 3?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)