|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guard instruct the Prisoner to tell the Old Woman to do?
(a) To speak the official language.
(b) To stop flirting with the guards.
(c) To leave.
(d) To give him food.
2. The Visitors Room is also called the _______ Room.
3. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
(a) A voice off-stage.
(b) The Sergeant.
(c) The Officer.
(d) The Old Woman.
4. What does the Prisoner call the Old Woman?
5. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
(b) Enemies of the state.
(c) Useless criminals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
2. The first time the guard jabs the Old Woman in Act 2, it's because she said, "I have _______."
3. What does the Old Woman cradle in her hand as she waits at the prison wall?
4. What is the Old Woman doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charly wearing a hood?
2. Why does Sarah Johnson look like an "intellectual?"
3. What does the Old Woman communicate through her silence in Act 4?
4. How does the Old Woman communicate with her son?
5. Why does the Sergeant make his final comment?
6. Did the Sergeant try to help the prisoner?
7. Why is the Sergeant annoyed when he enters in Act 3?
8. What is the guard's attitude toward the Old Woman and her son?
9. Why does the Sergeant show Sarah her husband?
10. What will happen to these characters after the conclusion of Act 2?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)