|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The officers are meant to represent:
(a) Poor people.
(d) The capital.
2. What do the guard and the prisoner have in common?
(a) They are very tall.
(b) They hate their mothers.
(c) They're both married.
(d) They hate the capital.
3. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
(a) A baby.
(b) A basket.
(c) A dog.
(d) A sleeping bag.
4. Why does the guard call the Sergeant?
(a) To tell him a rumor.
(b) To tell him to stay away.
(c) Because the prisoner is being smart.
(d) To tell him a joke.
5. How many kids does the guard have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
2. What defines the set direction for Act 1?
3. Who asks the Young Woman for her name?
4. As the Sergeant hassles the Young Woman in Act 1, the Officer reminds him that these women are not _________.
5. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is the Young Woman (Sarah Johnson) from the mountains? How does this affect the soldiers?
2. Who is in control at the end of Act 4?
3. Did the Sergeant try to help the prisoner?
4. What is the Officer's attitude towards women?
5. Which rule(s) have changed in Act 4?
6. How separate is the Old Woman from the other characters in Act 2?
7. What is the family of the prisoner in Act 2 like?
8. Why does the guard prod the Old Woman with a stick as she talks to her son?
9. Why does the Officer move closer to the women in Act 1?
10. Why is the Sergeant annoyed when he enters in Act 3?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)