|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids does the guard have?
2. Why is it difficult for the Old Woman to understand the guard?
(a) The guard whispers.
(b) The guard is inarticulate.
(c) The Prisoner keeps interrupting.
(d) They don't speak the same language.
3. The officers are meant to represent:
(c) Poor people.
(d) The capital.
4. What is the Prisoner doing at the beginning of Act 2?
5. When the Old Woman and Prisoner begin to speak, what happens to the stage lights?
(a) They dim.
(b) They get brighter.
(c) They go off.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Young Woman has her arm around ________ as she waits at the wall.
2. What is the prisoner's main concern for the Old Woman?
3. The Sergeant enters the Visitors Room at the end of Act 2, asking "What _____?"
4. What is at the Old Woman's feet as she waits at the prison wall?
5. Who instituted the new language outlaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are mountain people well respected in Mountain Language?
2. Although the women have not committed a crime, what is their "crime?"
3. Who is in control at the end of Act 4?
4. Can the Old Woman understand the language of the capital?
5. Does Sarah care about her husband?
6. What is the guard's attitude toward the Old Woman and her son?
7. What is the attitude of "the capital?"
8. Why does the Officer become angry with the women when he asks their names?
9. Why doesn't the Old Woman help her son?
10. Why are the rules changing?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)