|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it in Act 1?
(c) 7 PM.
(d) 5 PM.
2. What does the Sergeant call the women's husbands?
(c) Useless criminals.
(d) Enemies of the state.
3. How does the Young Woman respond when asked her name?
(a) She says she's already given it.
(b) She gives a false name.
(c) She gives her name.
(d) She makes taunting noises.
4. What is the prisoner's relationship with the Old Woman?
(a) He's her husband.
(b) She's his lawyer.
(c) He's her son.
(d) They're old friends.
5. What isn't the guard's fault, according to the guard?
(a) That it's cold.
(b) That the prisoner is treated badly.
(c) That the Old Woman can't understand.
(d) That he's mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Young Woman visiting her husband?
2. What can't the Old Woman do?
3. The Sergeant says: "But you're not saying they're without _______!"
4. How many times is the Young Woman asked to state her name?
5. What is the primary emotion in the old Woman and the Prisoner's conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How separate is the Old Woman from the other characters in Act 2?
2. What is the Young Woman's first complaint to the Officer?
3. Who is the most helpless character in Act 2?
4. Why does the Sergeant show Sarah her husband?
5. Is the guard passive?
6. Why doesn't the Old Woman speak in Act 1?
7. What is the significance of the names "Sarah" and "Charly"?
8. Are mountain people well respected in Mountain Language?
9. Will the Sergeant keep his promise that Sarah's husband will be safe if she sleeps with Dokes? Why or why not?
10. Why does the guard have a hostile attitude toward the Old Woman and the son?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)