|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The guards' incompetence.
(b) His lack of sleep.
(c) The computers.
(d) The weather.
2. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) At the Old Woman.
(b) In a box.
(c) Over a balcony.
(d) Out the window.
3. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner's son.
(b) An authority at the prison.
(c) A legendary figure.
(d) A prisoner.
4. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) No problem.
(b) You're crazy.
(c) Too late.
(d) Absolutely not!
5. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(c) Taps his fingers.
6. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can speak to her son.
(b) She can stay longer.
(c) She can leave.
(d) Her punishment may be severe.
7. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
8. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) They can speak mountain language.
(b) Visiting hours are extended.
(c) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(d) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
9. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She's silent.
(b) She passes notes.
(c) She speaks sign language.
(d) She whispers.
10. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
11. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That his dinner was cold.
(b) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(c) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(d) That something smells bad.
12. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To reveal his true identity.
(b) To give the hood away.
(c) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(d) To embarrass him.
13. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(b) Taps her toes.
14. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) For the day.
(b) For good.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) Until further notice.
15. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) My hometown.
(b) New York.
(c) The movies.
(d) The prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
2. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
3. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
4. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
5. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)