|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Over a balcony.
(b) In a box.
(c) Out the window.
(d) At the Old Woman.
2. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
3. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(a) Mountain people.
4. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She speaks sign language.
(b) She's silent.
(c) She passes notes.
(d) She whispers.
5. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(d) Taps his fingers.
6. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A legendary figure.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) An authority at the prison.
(d) A prisoner's son.
7. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That something smells bad.
(b) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(c) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(d) That his dinner was cold.
8. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he forgets.
(b) When a new movie comes out.
(c) When it rains.
(d) When he doesn't feel well.
9. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) Her punishment may be severe.
(b) She can speak to her son.
(c) She can leave.
(d) She can stay longer.
10. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
11. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They get brighter.
(b) They go off.
(c) They dim.
12. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(b) She's very frustrated.
(c) She had a nightmare.
(d) She's being attacked.
13. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) By a lake.
(b) In heaven.
(c) At their house.
(d) In the jail.
14. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(b) Beg for his release.
(c) Wrap him in a blanket.
(d) Give him food.
15. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She's concerned for her husband.
(b) She wants money.
(c) She wants to impress him.
(d) She's bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
2. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who hooded the man's head?
4. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
5. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)