|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
2. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) Until further notice.
(b) For the day.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) For good.
3. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(b) That something smells bad.
(c) That his dinner was cold.
(d) That the Young Woman is in the room.
4. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(b) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(c) Visiting hours are extended.
(d) They can speak mountain language.
5. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) By a lake.
(b) At their house.
(c) In the jail.
(d) In heaven.
6. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he forgets.
(b) When it rains.
(c) When a new movie comes out.
(d) When he doesn't feel well.
7. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Gave them food.
(b) Told them the meaning of life.
(c) Helped them.
(d) Sold them to slavery.
8. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The guards' incompetence.
(b) The weather.
(c) The computers.
(d) His lack of sleep.
9. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Her husband's condition.
(b) The Old Woman's hand.
(c) Being let in the wrong room.
(d) The long wait.
10. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She's concerned for her husband.
(b) She wants money.
(c) She wants to impress him.
(d) She's bored.
11. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) My hometown.
(b) The prison.
(c) The movies.
(d) New York.
12. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Social gathering.
(b) Book club.
(d) Funeral procession.
13. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's being attacked.
(b) She's very frustrated.
(c) She had a nightmare.
(d) Her husband has been badly beaten.
14. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A prisoner's son.
(c) A legendary figure.
(d) An authority at the prison.
15. Who hooded the man's head?
(b) The Young Woman.
(c) The officers.
(d) The Old Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
2. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
3. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
4. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
5. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)