|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Book club.
(b) Social gathering.
(d) Funeral procession.
2. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Sold them to slavery.
(b) Helped them.
(c) Told them the meaning of life.
(d) Gave them food.
3. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They dim.
(c) They get brighter.
(d) They go off.
4. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(b) To reveal his true identity.
(c) To give the hood away.
(d) To embarrass him.
5. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he doesn't feel well.
(b) When it rains.
(c) When a new movie comes out.
(d) When he forgets.
6. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(c) Taps his fingers.
7. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) Absolutely not!
(b) Too late.
(c) No problem.
(d) You're crazy.
8. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) He husband's safety.
(c) A car.
9. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to find a lawyer.
(b) How life is in the prison.
(c) How to get her husband released.
(d) How to file a complaint.
10. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(c) Mountain people.
11. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
12. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) Thirty seconds.
(b) For the day.
(c) Until further notice.
(d) For good.
13. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's maintaining her dignity.
(b) She's mad at him.
(c) She's afraid to speak.
(d) She can't hear him.
14. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) The prison.
(b) New York.
(c) The movies.
(d) My hometown.
15. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) In the jail.
(b) At their house.
(c) By a lake.
(d) In heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
2. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
3. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
5. Who is Joseph Dokes?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)