|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's afraid to speak.
(b) She's maintaining her dignity.
(c) She's mad at him.
(d) She can't hear him.
2. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To hide his face.
(b) To look hip.
(c) To blend in.
(d) Because it's cold.
3. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
4. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(b) Taps her toes.
5. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They dim.
(b) They go off.
(d) They get brighter.
6. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) A car.
(b) He husband's safety.
7. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She's concerned for her husband.
(c) She wants to impress him.
(d) She's bored.
8. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
9. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She's silent.
(b) She speaks sign language.
(c) She whispers.
(d) She passes notes.
10. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he doesn't feel well.
(b) When it rains.
(c) When a new movie comes out.
(d) When he forgets.
11. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Her husband's condition.
(b) Being let in the wrong room.
(c) The long wait.
(d) The Old Woman's hand.
12. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Give him food.
(c) Wrap him in a blanket.
(d) Beg for his release.
13. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Told them the meaning of life.
(b) Helped them.
(c) Sold them to slavery.
(d) Gave them food.
14. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to get her husband released.
(b) How to file a complaint.
(c) How to find a lawyer.
(d) How life is in the prison.
15. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(a) Taps his fingers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
3. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
4. Who hooded the man's head?
5. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)