|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he forgets.
(b) When he doesn't feel well.
(c) When a new movie comes out.
(d) When it rains.
2. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner's son.
(b) A legendary figure.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) An authority at the prison.
3. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The guards' incompetence.
(b) His lack of sleep.
(c) The computers.
(d) The weather.
4. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(b) Taps his fingers.
5. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(d) Taps her toes.
6. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) A car.
(c) He husband's safety.
7. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She's silent.
(b) She whispers.
(c) She speaks sign language.
(d) She passes notes.
8. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) Too late.
(b) You're crazy.
(c) Absolutely not!
(d) No problem.
9. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(b) To reveal his true identity.
(c) To embarrass him.
(d) To give the hood away.
10. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Told them the meaning of life.
(b) Sold them to slavery.
(c) Gave them food.
(d) Helped them.
11. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
12. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Wrap him in a blanket.
(b) Give him food.
(d) Beg for his release.
13. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She's concerned for her husband.
(c) She wants to impress him.
(d) She's bored.
14. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) New York.
(b) The movies.
(c) The prison.
(d) My hometown.
15. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) Because it's cold.
(b) To hide his face.
(c) To blend in.
(d) To look hip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
2. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
3. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
4. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
5. What rule has changed in Act 4?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)