|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can speak to her son.
(b) She can leave.
(c) She can stay longer.
(d) Her punishment may be severe.
2. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(b) They can speak mountain language.
(c) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(d) Visiting hours are extended.
3. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Social gathering.
(b) Book club.
(c) Funeral procession.
4. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) By a lake.
(b) At their house.
(c) In heaven.
(d) In the jail.
5. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Told them the meaning of life.
(b) Gave them food.
(c) Helped them.
(d) Sold them to slavery.
6. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) Until further notice.
(b) For good.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) For the day.
7. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(d) Taps her toes.
8. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(b) A car.
(c) He husband's safety.
9. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) The prison.
(b) New York.
(c) My hometown.
(d) The movies.
10. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) The Old Woman's hand.
(b) The long wait.
(c) Her husband's condition.
(d) Being let in the wrong room.
11. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(b) Taps his fingers.
12. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's maintaining her dignity.
(b) She's mad at him.
(c) She can't hear him.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
13. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She had a nightmare.
(b) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(c) She's very frustrated.
(d) She's being attacked.
14. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
15. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Out the window.
(b) Over a balcony.
(c) In a box.
(d) At the Old Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
2. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
3. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
4. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
5. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)