|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's being attacked.
(b) She had a nightmare.
(c) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(d) She's very frustrated.
2. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
3. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) A car.
(c) He husband's safety.
4. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner's son.
(b) An authority at the prison.
(c) A legendary figure.
(d) A prisoner.
5. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) You're crazy.
(b) Absolutely not!
(c) Too late.
(d) No problem.
6. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(b) That something smells bad.
(c) That his dinner was cold.
(d) That the Young Woman is in the room.
7. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They get brighter.
(b) They go off.
(d) They dim.
8. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Being let in the wrong room.
(b) The Old Woman's hand.
(c) Her husband's condition.
(d) The long wait.
9. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
10. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's afraid to speak.
(b) She's mad at him.
(c) She's maintaining her dignity.
(d) She can't hear him.
11. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She passes notes.
(b) She's silent.
(c) She speaks sign language.
(d) She whispers.
12. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Funeral procession.
(b) Book club.
(c) Social gathering.
13. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to get her husband released.
(b) How to file a complaint.
(c) How life is in the prison.
(d) How to find a lawyer.
14. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(a) Taps her toes.
15. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The weather.
(b) The computers.
(c) The guards' incompetence.
(d) His lack of sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
2. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
3. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
4. What rule has changed in Act 4?
5. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)