|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The computers.
(b) The guards' incompetence.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) The weather.
2. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
3. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To blend in.
(b) Because it's cold.
(c) To look hip.
(d) To hide his face.
4. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Visiting hours are extended.
(b) They can speak mountain language.
(c) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(d) Absolutely no talking in any language.
5. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) An authority at the prison.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A prisoner's son.
(d) A legendary figure.
6. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
7. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
8. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He's released.
(b) He becomes very ill.
(c) He's beaten again.
(d) He's taken away.
9. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) For good.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) For the day.
(d) Until further notice.
10. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That his dinner was cold.
(b) That something smells bad.
(c) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(d) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
11. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Being let in the wrong room.
(b) The long wait.
(c) Her husband's condition.
(d) The Old Woman's hand.
12. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Funeral procession.
(c) Book club.
(d) Social gathering.
13. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) Too late.
(b) Absolutely not!
(c) You're crazy.
(d) No problem.
14. Who hooded the man's head?
(a) The Young Woman.
(b) The Old Woman.
(d) The officers.
15. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants to impress him.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She's concerned for her husband.
(d) She wants money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
2. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
3. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
4. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
5. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)