|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She's concerned for her husband.
(b) She wants to impress him.
(c) She wants money.
(d) She's bored.
2. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to find a lawyer.
(b) How to file a complaint.
(c) How life is in the prison.
(d) How to get her husband released.
3. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To blend in.
(b) To hide his face.
(c) To look hip.
(d) Because it's cold.
4. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(b) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(c) That something smells bad.
(d) That his dinner was cold.
5. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They get brighter.
(c) They go off.
(d) They dim.
6. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When a new movie comes out.
(b) When it rains.
(c) When he doesn't feel well.
(d) When he forgets.
7. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) Book club.
(c) Social gathering.
(d) Funeral procession.
8. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can leave.
(b) She can speak to her son.
(c) She can stay longer.
(d) Her punishment may be severe.
9. Who hooded the man's head?
(a) The officers.
(b) The Young Woman.
(d) The Old Woman.
10. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) In a box.
(b) At the Old Woman.
(c) Over a balcony.
(d) Out the window.
11. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To embarrass him.
(b) To reveal his true identity.
(c) To give the hood away.
(d) To intimidate the Young Woman.
12. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) Too late.
(b) Absolutely not!
(c) You're crazy.
(d) No problem.
13. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) My hometown.
(b) The movies.
(c) New York.
(d) The prison.
14. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) They can speak mountain language.
(b) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(c) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(d) Visiting hours are extended.
15. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) The long wait.
(b) Her husband's condition.
(c) The Old Woman's hand.
(d) Being let in the wrong room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
2. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
3. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
4. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
5. Who is Joseph Dokes?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)