|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) The prison.
(b) The movies.
(c) My hometown.
(d) New York.
2. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner's son.
(b) An authority at the prison.
(c) A legendary figure.
(d) A prisoner.
3. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
4. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
5. Who hooded the man's head?
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) The officers.
(c) The Young Woman.
6. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She whispers.
(b) She's silent.
(c) She speaks sign language.
(d) She passes notes.
7. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Over a balcony.
(b) At the Old Woman.
(c) Out the window.
(d) In a box.
8. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(a) Taps his fingers.
9. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They go off.
(b) They get brighter.
(c) They dim.
10. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Social gathering.
(c) Funeral procession.
(d) Book club.
11. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) For the day.
(b) Thirty seconds.
(c) For good.
(d) Until further notice.
12. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When it rains.
(b) When he forgets.
(c) When a new movie comes out.
(d) When he doesn't feel well.
13. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's afraid to speak.
(b) She's maintaining her dignity.
(c) She can't hear him.
(d) She's mad at him.
14. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(b) To embarrass him.
(c) To reveal his true identity.
(d) To give the hood away.
15. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What rule has changed in Act 4?
3. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
4. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
5. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)