|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He's released.
(b) He becomes very ill.
(c) He's beaten again.
(d) He's taken away.
3. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How life is in the prison.
(b) How to find a lawyer.
(c) How to get her husband released.
(d) How to file a complaint.
4. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner's son.
(b) A legendary figure.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) An authority at the prison.
5. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She wants to impress him.
(c) She's bored.
(d) She's concerned for her husband.
6. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They go off.
(c) They dim.
(d) They get brighter.
7. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The computers.
(b) The guards' incompetence.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) The weather.
8. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) Thirty seconds.
(b) For the day.
(c) Until further notice.
(d) For good.
9. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's very frustrated.
(b) She had a nightmare.
(c) She's being attacked.
(d) Her husband has been badly beaten.
10. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) The movies.
(b) New York.
(c) My hometown.
(d) The prison.
11. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) You're crazy.
(b) No problem.
(c) Absolutely not!
(d) Too late.
12. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) The long wait.
(b) Her husband's condition.
(c) Being let in the wrong room.
(d) The Old Woman's hand.
13. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(b) Give him food.
(c) Beg for his release.
(d) Wrap him in a blanket.
14. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
15. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Visiting hours are extended.
(b) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(c) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(d) They can speak mountain language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
2. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
3. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
4. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
5. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)