|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's mad at him.
(b) She can't hear him.
(c) She's maintaining her dignity.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
2. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She wants to impress him.
(c) She's concerned for her husband.
(d) She's bored.
3. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She's silent.
(b) She passes notes.
(c) She speaks sign language.
(d) She whispers.
4. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) A car.
(d) He husband's safety.
5. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) For the day.
(b) For good.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) Until further notice.
6. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(b) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(c) Visiting hours are extended.
(d) They can speak mountain language.
7. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Over a balcony.
(b) At the Old Woman.
(c) Out the window.
(d) In a box.
8. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
9. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When a new movie comes out.
(b) When he doesn't feel well.
(c) When it rains.
(d) When he forgets.
10. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Being let in the wrong room.
(b) The Old Woman's hand.
(c) The long wait.
(d) Her husband's condition.
11. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Sold them to slavery.
(b) Told them the meaning of life.
(c) Helped them.
(d) Gave them food.
12. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Social gathering.
(c) Book club.
(d) Funeral procession.
13. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
14. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can speak to her son.
(b) She can stay longer.
(c) Her punishment may be severe.
(d) She can leave.
15. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(c) Taps her toes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
2. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
3. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
4. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
5. Who is Joseph Dokes?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)