|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A prisoner's son.
(c) A legendary figure.
(d) An authority at the prison.
2. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's maintaining her dignity.
(b) She's afraid to speak.
(c) She can't hear him.
(d) She's mad at him.
3. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She's silent.
(b) She whispers.
(c) She speaks sign language.
(d) She passes notes.
4. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To blend in.
(b) To hide his face.
(c) Because it's cold.
(d) To look hip.
5. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
6. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) He husband's safety.
(b) A car.
7. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's very frustrated.
(b) She's being attacked.
(c) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(d) She had a nightmare.
8. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(c) Taps her toes.
9. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(b) Taps his fingers.
10. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to file a complaint.
(b) How to find a lawyer.
(c) How to get her husband released.
(d) How life is in the prison.
11. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When it rains.
(b) When a new movie comes out.
(c) When he doesn't feel well.
(d) When he forgets.
12. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He's released.
(b) He's beaten again.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He's taken away.
13. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) The movies.
(b) The prison.
(c) My hometown.
(d) New York.
14. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That something smells bad.
(b) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(c) That his dinner was cold.
(d) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
15. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) No problem.
(b) Too late.
(c) Absolutely not!
(d) You're crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
2. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
3. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
4. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
5. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)