|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(c) Taps her toes.
2. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) Too late.
(b) You're crazy.
(c) No problem.
(d) Absolutely not!
3. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(b) Taps his fingers.
4. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) At their house.
(b) By a lake.
(c) In the jail.
(d) In heaven.
5. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's being attacked.
(b) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(c) She's very frustrated.
(d) She had a nightmare.
6. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
7. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Her husband's condition.
(b) Being let in the wrong room.
(c) The Old Woman's hand.
(d) The long wait.
8. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
9. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants to impress him.
(b) She's concerned for her husband.
(c) She wants money.
(d) She's bored.
10. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he doesn't feel well.
(b) When it rains.
(c) When he forgets.
(d) When a new movie comes out.
11. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That his dinner was cold.
(b) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(c) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(d) That something smells bad.
12. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To reveal his true identity.
(b) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(c) To give the hood away.
(d) To embarrass him.
13. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) For good.
(b) For the day.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) Until further notice.
14. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
15. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can leave.
(b) She can stay longer.
(c) She can speak to her son.
(d) Her punishment may be severe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Joseph Dokes?
2. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
3. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
4. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
5. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)