|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Sold them to slavery.
(b) Gave them food.
(c) Told them the meaning of life.
(d) Helped them.
2. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
3. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
4. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(c) Taps his fingers.
5. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(b) Mountain people.
6. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The weather.
(b) The computers.
(c) The guards' incompetence.
(d) His lack of sleep.
7. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can speak to her son.
(b) She can stay longer.
(c) She can leave.
(d) Her punishment may be severe.
8. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That something smells bad.
(b) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(c) That his dinner was cold.
(d) That the Young Woman is in the room.
9. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(b) They go off.
(c) They get brighter.
(d) They dim.
10. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(b) To give the hood away.
(c) To reveal his true identity.
(d) To embarrass him.
11. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(b) A car.
(d) He husband's safety.
12. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When a new movie comes out.
(b) When he forgets.
(c) When he doesn't feel well.
(d) When it rains.
13. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She wants to impress him.
(d) She's concerned for her husband.
14. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to find a lawyer.
(b) How to get her husband released.
(c) How to file a complaint.
(d) How life is in the prison.
15. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) In the jail.
(b) In heaven.
(c) By a lake.
(d) At their house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
2. Who is Joseph Dokes?
3. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
4. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
5. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)