|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants to impress him.
(b) She's concerned for her husband.
(c) She's bored.
(d) She wants money.
2. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can leave.
(b) She can stay longer.
(c) She can speak to her son.
(d) Her punishment may be severe.
3. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) He husband's safety.
(c) A car.
4. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The weather.
(b) The computers.
(c) The guards' incompetence.
(d) His lack of sleep.
5. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They get brighter.
(c) They go off.
(d) They dim.
6. Who hooded the man's head?
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) The Young Woman.
(d) The officers.
7. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) An authority at the prison.
(c) A prisoner's son.
(d) A legendary figure.
8. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
9. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(d) Mountain people.
10. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Social gathering.
(b) Funeral procession.
(d) Book club.
11. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(a) Taps his fingers.
12. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
13. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Helped them.
(b) Told them the meaning of life.
(c) Sold them to slavery.
(d) Gave them food.
14. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(b) They can speak mountain language.
(c) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(d) Visiting hours are extended.
15. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To look hip.
(b) To blend in.
(c) To hide his face.
(d) Because it's cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
2. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
3. How long is the new rule in place?
4. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)