|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hooded the man's head?
(a) The Old Woman.
(b) The Young Woman.
(c) The officers.
2. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(a) Taps her toes.
3. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He's taken away.
(b) He's beaten again.
(c) He's released.
(d) He becomes very ill.
4. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to file a complaint.
(b) How life is in the prison.
(c) How to get her husband released.
(d) How to find a lawyer.
5. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
6. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants to impress him.
(b) She's concerned for her husband.
(c) She wants money.
(d) She's bored.
7. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can speak to her son.
(b) She can stay longer.
(c) Her punishment may be severe.
(d) She can leave.
8. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) An authority at the prison.
(b) A legendary figure.
(c) A prisoner.
(d) A prisoner's son.
9. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's maintaining her dignity.
(b) She can't hear him.
(c) She's afraid to speak.
(d) She's mad at him.
10. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Funeral procession.
(c) Social gathering.
(d) Book club.
11. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(d) Taps his fingers.
12. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They go off.
(b) They get brighter.
(c) They dim.
13. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he doesn't feel well.
(b) When it rains.
(c) When he forgets.
(d) When a new movie comes out.
14. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
15. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) A car.
(d) He husband's safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
2. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
3. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
4. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
5. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)