|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To hide his face.
(b) To look hip.
(c) Because it's cold.
(d) To blend in.
2. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
3. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She whispers.
(b) She speaks sign language.
(c) She passes notes.
(d) She's silent.
4. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They go off.
(c) They get brighter.
(d) They dim.
5. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) For good.
(b) For the day.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) Until further notice.
6. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The computers.
(b) The weather.
(c) The guards' incompetence.
(d) His lack of sleep.
7. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(b) She's very frustrated.
(c) She had a nightmare.
(d) She's being attacked.
8. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Wrap him in a blanket.
(c) Give him food.
(d) Beg for his release.
9. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner's son.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) An authority at the prison.
(d) A legendary figure.
10. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(a) Taps his fingers.
11. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Her husband's condition.
(b) Being let in the wrong room.
(c) The long wait.
(d) The Old Woman's hand.
12. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he forgets.
(b) When it rains.
(c) When he doesn't feel well.
(d) When a new movie comes out.
13. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
14. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) The movies.
(b) The prison.
(c) New York.
(d) My hometown.
15. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Told them the meaning of life.
(b) Gave them food.
(c) Helped them.
(d) Sold them to slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule has changed in Act 4?
2. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
3. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
4. Who hooded the man's head?
5. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)