|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to get her husband released.
(b) How to file a complaint.
(c) How to find a lawyer.
(d) How life is in the prison.
2. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(b) Taps her toes.
3. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's mad at him.
(b) She's afraid to speak.
(c) She can't hear him.
(d) She's maintaining her dignity.
4. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) The long wait.
(b) Her husband's condition.
(c) The Old Woman's hand.
(d) Being let in the wrong room.
5. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(d) Taps his fingers.
6. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) Because it's cold.
(b) To hide his face.
(c) To blend in.
(d) To look hip.
7. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) At the Old Woman.
(b) In a box.
(c) Out the window.
(d) Over a balcony.
8. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) By a lake.
(b) At their house.
(c) In the jail.
(d) In heaven.
9. Who hooded the man's head?
(a) The Young Woman.
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) The officers.
10. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When it rains.
(b) When a new movie comes out.
(c) When he forgets.
(d) When he doesn't feel well.
11. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
12. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(b) He husband's safety.
(d) A car.
13. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(b) To embarrass him.
(c) To reveal his true identity.
(d) To give the hood away.
14. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The weather.
(b) The computers.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) The guards' incompetence.
15. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Give him food.
(b) Wrap him in a blanket.
(c) Beg for his release.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
2. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
3. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
4. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
5. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)