|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(a) Taps his fingers.
2. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Over a balcony.
(b) In a box.
(c) At the Old Woman.
(d) Out the window.
3. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(a) Taps her toes.
4. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants to impress him.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She's concerned for her husband.
(d) She wants money.
5. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's maintaining her dignity.
(b) She can't hear him.
(c) She's mad at him.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
6. Who hooded the man's head?
(b) The Young Woman.
(c) The officers.
(d) The Old Woman.
7. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) Absolutely not!
(b) No problem.
(c) You're crazy.
(d) Too late.
8. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) By a lake.
(b) In heaven.
(c) In the jail.
(d) At their house.
9. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Book club.
(b) Social gathering.
(d) Funeral procession.
10. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) Because it's cold.
(b) To hide his face.
(c) To look hip.
(d) To blend in.
11. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
12. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he forgets.
(b) When he doesn't feel well.
(c) When it rains.
(d) When a new movie comes out.
13. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) The movies.
(b) New York.
(c) The prison.
(d) My hometown.
14. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To reveal his true identity.
(b) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(c) To give the hood away.
(d) To embarrass him.
15. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's very frustrated.
(b) She had a nightmare.
(c) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(d) She's being attacked.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
2. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
3. Who is Joseph Dokes?
4. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
5. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)