|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(b) Book club.
(c) Social gathering.
(d) Funeral procession.
2. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He's beaten again.
(b) He's released.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He's taken away.
3. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(b) That something smells bad.
(c) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(d) That his dinner was cold.
4. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Told them the meaning of life.
(b) Sold them to slavery.
(c) Gave them food.
(d) Helped them.
5. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She passes notes.
(b) She's silent.
(c) She speaks sign language.
(d) She whispers.
6. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) By a lake.
(b) In the jail.
(c) In heaven.
(d) At their house.
7. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) They can speak mountain language.
(b) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(c) Visiting hours are extended.
(d) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
8. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(c) Taps his fingers.
9. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She can't hear him.
(b) She's maintaining her dignity.
(c) She's mad at him.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
10. Who hooded the man's head?
(b) The officers.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) The Young Woman.
11. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
12. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) Too late.
(b) You're crazy.
(c) No problem.
(d) Absolutely not!
13. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can leave.
(b) She can speak to her son.
(c) She can stay longer.
(d) Her punishment may be severe.
14. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To blend in.
(b) To look hip.
(c) To hide his face.
(d) Because it's cold.
15. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
2. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
3. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
4. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
5. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)