|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) The long wait.
(b) Her husband's condition.
(c) The Old Woman's hand.
(d) Being let in the wrong room.
2. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She wants to impress him.
(d) She's concerned for her husband.
3. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They get brighter.
(c) They dim.
(d) They go off.
4. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He's released.
(b) He's beaten again.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He's taken away.
5. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
6. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
7. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can stay longer.
(b) Her punishment may be severe.
(c) She can speak to her son.
(d) She can leave.
8. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(b) Taps his fingers.
9. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's maintaining her dignity.
(b) She can't hear him.
(c) She's mad at him.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
10. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
11. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(b) Visiting hours are extended.
(c) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(d) They can speak mountain language.
12. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) An authority at the prison.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A prisoner's son.
(d) A legendary figure.
13. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(b) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(c) That his dinner was cold.
(d) That something smells bad.
14. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) No problem.
(b) You're crazy.
(c) Too late.
(d) Absolutely not!
15. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(b) A car.
(d) He husband's safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
2. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
3. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
4. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
5. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)