|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Sold them to slavery.
(b) Told them the meaning of life.
(c) Helped them.
(d) Gave them food.
2. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(d) Mountain people.
3. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(b) He husband's safety.
(d) A car.
4. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Give him food.
(c) Beg for his release.
(d) Wrap him in a blanket.
5. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Her husband's condition.
(b) The long wait.
(c) The Old Woman's hand.
(d) Being let in the wrong room.
6. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That his dinner was cold.
(b) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(c) That something smells bad.
(d) That the Young Woman is in the room.
7. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The guards' incompetence.
(b) The weather.
(c) The computers.
(d) His lack of sleep.
8. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) At their house.
(b) In the jail.
(c) By a lake.
(d) In heaven.
9. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When it rains.
(b) When he forgets.
(c) When he doesn't feel well.
(d) When a new movie comes out.
10. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(b) They can speak mountain language.
(c) Visiting hours are extended.
(d) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
11. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Social gathering.
(c) Book club.
(d) Funeral procession.
12. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
13. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(c) Taps his fingers.
14. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
15. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She can't hear him.
(b) She's maintaining her dignity.
(c) She's mad at him.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
2. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
3. Who hooded the man's head?
4. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
5. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)