|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) In heaven.
(b) At their house.
(c) In the jail.
(d) By a lake.
2. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When he doesn't feel well.
(b) When he forgets.
(c) When a new movie comes out.
(d) When it rains.
3. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Being let in the wrong room.
(b) The Old Woman's hand.
(c) The long wait.
(d) Her husband's condition.
4. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(b) Taps his fingers.
5. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's maintaining her dignity.
(b) She's mad at him.
(c) She can't hear him.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
6. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants to impress him.
(b) She wants money.
(c) She's bored.
(d) She's concerned for her husband.
7. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(b) That something smells bad.
(c) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(d) That his dinner was cold.
8. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) A car.
(d) He husband's safety.
9. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Wrap him in a blanket.
(b) Give him food.
(d) Beg for his release.
10. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Over a balcony.
(b) In a box.
(c) At the Old Woman.
(d) Out the window.
11. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(b) To embarrass him.
(c) To give the hood away.
(d) To reveal his true identity.
12. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
(a) Absolutely not!
(b) No problem.
(c) You're crazy.
(d) Too late.
13. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(c) Mountain people.
14. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
15. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What rule has changed in Act 4?
2. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
3. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
4. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
5. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)