|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They go off.
(b) They get brighter.
(c) They dim.
2. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
3. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(d) Mountain people.
4. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) In the jail.
(b) By a lake.
(c) At their house.
(d) In heaven.
5. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(b) A car.
(c) He husband's safety.
6. How does the Old Woman communicate in Act 4?
(a) She speaks sign language.
(b) She whispers.
(c) She's silent.
(d) She passes notes.
7. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) Her punishment may be severe.
(b) She can leave.
(c) She can stay longer.
(d) She can speak to her son.
8. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) Until further notice.
(b) For the day.
(c) Thirty seconds.
(d) For good.
9. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To look hip.
(b) Because it's cold.
(c) To hide his face.
(d) To blend in.
10. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) Out the window.
(b) At the Old Woman.
(c) Over a balcony.
(d) In a box.
11. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
12. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) They can speak mountain language.
(b) Visiting hours are extended.
(c) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(d) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
13. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
14. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Funeral procession.
(b) Book club.
(c) Social gathering.
15. Who hooded the man's head?
(a) The officers.
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) The Young Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
2. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
3. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
4. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
5. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)