|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the man in Act 3 wearing a hood?
(a) To blend in.
(b) To look hip.
(c) To hide his face.
(d) Because it's cold.
2. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(b) Mountain people.
3. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) My hometown.
(b) The movies.
(c) New York.
(d) The prison.
4. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To give the hood away.
(b) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(c) To embarrass him.
(d) To reveal his true identity.
5. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He becomes very ill.
(b) He's beaten again.
(c) He's taken away.
(d) He's released.
6. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Helped them.
(b) Gave them food.
(c) Sold them to slavery.
(d) Told them the meaning of life.
7. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) They can speak mountain language.
(b) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(c) Visiting hours are extended.
(d) Absolutely no talking in any language.
8. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How life is in the prison.
(b) How to get her husband released.
(c) How to find a lawyer.
(d) How to file a complaint.
9. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(d) Taps his fingers.
10. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
(a) She can stay longer.
(b) She can speak to her son.
(c) Her punishment may be severe.
(d) She can leave.
11. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner.
(b) A prisoner's son.
(c) An authority at the prison.
(d) A legendary figure.
12. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
13. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) The guards' incompetence.
(b) His lack of sleep.
(c) The computers.
(d) The weather.
14. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(c) Taps her toes.
15. Where does the guard look at the beginning of Act 4?
(a) At the Old Woman.
(b) Over a balcony.
(c) Out the window.
(d) In a box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
2. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
3. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
4. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
5. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)