|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He becomes very ill.
(b) He's released.
(c) He's taken away.
(d) He's beaten again.
2. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(a) A car.
(b) He husband's safety.
3. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When a new movie comes out.
(b) When he doesn't feel well.
(c) When it rains.
(d) When he forgets.
4. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Being let in the wrong room.
(b) The long wait.
(c) The Old Woman's hand.
(d) Her husband's condition.
5. What is the tone of the Sergeant's apology?
6. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's mad at him.
(b) She can't hear him.
(c) She's maintaining her dignity.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
7. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's being attacked.
(b) She's very frustrated.
(c) She had a nightmare.
(d) Her husband has been badly beaten.
8. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(b) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(c) That his dinner was cold.
(d) That something smells bad.
9. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
10. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) Book club.
(c) Social gathering.
(d) Funeral procession.
11. Who is Joseph Dokes?
(a) A prisoner's son.
(b) A prisoner.
(c) A legendary figure.
(d) An authority at the prison.
12. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(b) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(c) They can speak mountain language.
(d) Visiting hours are extended.
13. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(b) Mountain people.
14. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To reveal his true identity.
(b) To embarrass him.
(c) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(d) To give the hood away.
15. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
(a) How to find a lawyer.
(b) How life is in the prison.
(c) How to get her husband released.
(d) How to file a complaint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Sergeant's response to the Young Woman's offer?
2. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
3. Who hooded the man's head?
4. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
5. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)