|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(b) That his dinner was cold.
(c) That something smells bad.
(d) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
2. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(d) Taps her toes.
3. What does the Sergeant claim he did for the Old Woman and the prisoner?
(a) Told them the meaning of life.
(b) Helped them.
(c) Sold them to slavery.
(d) Gave them food.
4. As the prisoner sits in Act 4, what does he do?
(b) Taps his fingers.
5. What happens to the prisoner at the end of Act 4?
(a) He's released.
(b) He's taken away.
(c) He becomes very ill.
(d) He's beaten again.
6. What does the Young Woman want in return for her offer to the Segeant?
(b) He husband's safety.
(c) A car.
7. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
8. What rule has changed in Act 4?
(a) Absolutely no talking in any language.
(b) They can speak mountain language.
(c) Dogs don't have to identify themselves.
(d) Visiting hours are extended.
9. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) New York.
(b) The movies.
(c) My hometown.
(d) The prison.
10. What does the Old Woman do to help her son?
(a) Beg for his release.
(b) Give him food.
(c) Wrap him in a blanket.
11. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To embarrass him.
(b) To give the hood away.
(c) To reveal his true identity.
(d) To intimidate the Young Woman.
12. When the Sergeant says "these people," whom is he referring to?
(a) Mountain people.
13. What does the Sergeant apologize to the Young Woman for?
(a) Being let in the wrong room.
(b) Her husband's condition.
(c) The Old Woman's hand.
(d) The long wait.
14. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They dim.
(c) They get brighter.
(d) They go off.
15. Who hooded the man's head?
(b) The Old Woman.
(c) The officers.
(d) The Young Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
2. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
3. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
4. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
5. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)