|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't the Old Woman respond to the prisoner?
(a) She's mad at him.
(b) She can't hear him.
(c) She's maintaining her dignity.
(d) She's afraid to speak.
2. Joseph Dokes comes to the jail every Tuesday, except when?
(a) When it rains.
(b) When he forgets.
(c) When he doesn't feel well.
(d) When a new movie comes out.
3. The Sergeant says, "What can I do for you, dear lady, as they used to say in ________."
(a) My hometown.
(b) The movies.
(c) The prison.
(d) New York.
4. How long is the new rule in place?
(a) For good.
(b) Until further notice.
(c) For the day.
(d) Thirty seconds.
5. In the voice over, where are the man and Young Woman?
(a) In heaven.
(b) At their house.
(c) In the jail.
(d) By a lake.
6. What is the Sergeant cursing about at the beginning of Act 3?
(a) That the Young Woman is in the room.
(b) That he can't ever get a moment of quiet.
(c) That his dinner was cold.
(d) That something smells bad.
7. What does the Sergeant blame the "mix up" in Act 3 on?
(a) His lack of sleep.
(b) The computers.
(c) The weather.
(d) The guards' incompetence.
8. Why does the Young Woman scream in Act 3?
(a) She's very frustrated.
(b) Her husband has been badly beaten.
(c) She had a nightmare.
(d) She's being attacked.
9. As the Old Woman sits in Act 4, what does she do?
(c) Taps her toes.
10. What season is it (in the Young Woman and the man's voice over)?
11. Why does the Young Woman try to negotiate with the Sergeant?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She's concerned for her husband.
(c) She's bored.
(d) She wants to impress him.
12. Who hooded the man's head?
(b) The officers.
(c) The Old Woman.
(d) The Young Woman.
13. What does the Young Woman offer the Sergeant in Act 3?
14. Why does the Sergeant un-hood the man?
(a) To give the hood away.
(b) To reveal his true identity.
(c) To intimidate the Young Woman.
(d) To embarrass him.
15. When the voice-over in Act 3 begins, what happens to the lights?
(a) They dim.
(b) They get brighter.
(c) They go off.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Sergeant describe the group at the beginning of Act 3?
2. What does the Prisoner have on his face at the beginning of Act 4?
3. What rule has changed in Act 4?
4. What does the new rule mean for the Old Woman?
5. What can Joseph Dokes tell the Young Woman?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)